Thread: Post Your UI

Absolutely. Like I said, there are very few UI's that I like, but this one is amazing minimalistic, but there seems to be a lot of "hidden" gems in there.

I'd be interested in the LUA you have for the framework (mostly because I'm horrible at it). Cheers to you!

Think I'm finally done, for show off this screenshot will have to do for now.
    I might show an in-combat SS later.

Boss/Arena frames go on the left above Skada.

The BigWigs message does not have correct outline I just noticed, haha :P

To avoid confusion, unitframes from left to right: Focus, Player, Target.

Last edited by Quenios; 2013-05-09 at 03:31 AM.

Made a few changes. Incorporated shadow orbs into player frame and halopro into target frame.

Need to modify the Halopro textures so its a bit easier to see (that will be fun cos I have absolutely no idea how to !)

Please feel free to critique my current setup.

Last edited by Treeston; 2013-05-09 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    Made a few changes. Incorporated shadow orbs into player frame and halopro into target frame.

Need to modify the Halopro textures so its a bit easier to see (that will be fun cos I have absolutely no idea how to !)
    If that is the default objectives tracker, then maybe you could get a better styled one with nibWatchFrameAdv @ WowInterface

I think the squares replacing the hyphens might look pretty nice given the styling elsewhere in your UI.
    Configured in the Lua, but given that you used LitePanels for the artwork that shouldn't be an issue.

Linky link

After nearly 2 years of having my raid frames in the same spot.. I've decided to change it up (mostly because I don't have to patience to get my action bar, player frame, and raid frames all the same width..) and it cannot be more awkward to look at. Thinking Affiniti's raid frame idea would work for me... Any ideas?

I'll probably end up making dbm timers the same size as my player frame, still figuring a few things out on this new comp concerning the UI. Also planning on increasing boss buff icon size, and probably decreasing the height just a bit, seems a bit on the large size.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

Does anyone know what Raid Frames Riggnaros uses? Image below:

http://i.imgur.com/sJusK8M.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Linky link

After nearly 2 years of having my raid frames in the same spot.. I've decided to change it up (mostly because I don't have to patience to get my action bar, player frame, and raid frames all the same width..) and it cannot be more awkward to look at. Thinking Affiniti's raid frame idea would work for me... Any ideas?

I'll probably end up making dbm timers the same size as my player frame, still figuring a few things out on this new comp concerning the UI. Also planning on increasing boss buff icon size, and probably decreasing the height just a bit, seems a bit on the large size.
    Why do you need your raid frames there as a hunter?? Put it up next to your minimap or centered at the bottom.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post

Pretty sure that is blizzard frames.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post

It's blizzards default one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Why do you need your raid frames there as a hunter?? Put it up next to your minimap or centered at the bottom.
    Sometimes people will try to make a UI as generic as possible so to avoid or minimise per class/spec modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Good news for anyone who was interested in my UI. I found the time to throw it together today between doing laundry, eating dinner, and getting ready for raid.

So here ya go, have at it..

Let me know if there's any problems with it. I did compile it kind of quick, so I hope there's no errors. It's uploading now, so if you don't see it updated just yet, give it a few minutes

Here's a video of the updated UI in action for anyone interested..

And for some reason binding keys to the mouse scroll button isnt working... I use it for my mouseover focus macro. and yes my macro is correct

Screenshots can be found on the WowInterface page for the UI.
    I'm wondering how to edit the ember bars to destro warlocks... doesn't seem to line up and cant find which is which.

also how is the best way to replicate the dbm settings for bigwig? dbm is way too resource intensive
    Last edited by Lycanlock; 2013-05-09 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    I'm wondering how to edit the ember bars to destro warlocks... doesn't seem to line up and cant find which is which.

also how is the best way to replicate the dbm settings for bigwig? dbm is way too resource intensive
    The UI isn't configured for Destro Locks. It's configured for Affliction and Demonology. You'll have to manually make your own strings in Weak Auras. If you follow the format I have setup, it shouldn't be too difficult if you have any experience with Weak Auras. I don't play Destro so I don't have any reason to create any Destro strings. Sorry

As for Big Wigs, the best way would be to load BigWigs and DBM at the same time, then put DBM into Test Mode, configure Big Wigs, and place the bars/messages in the same place. I truly like Big Wigs better but I can't find a good skin for the bars and if I use the default skin, the bars sit right next to each other and it's hard to see where one bar ends and the next begins.

Been using this same layout since at least 2011;

Not the cleanest layout, but it works for me. It's not intended to be lined up perfectly. I use an N52TE and have 1-9, alt, ctrl, f, tab, numpad 0, and space bound (as well as movement to the d-pad). I use the top thumb-button as an interrupt, stun or cc across all the classes I play, and use the bottom thumb button as space to jump (perhaps a worthless binding to some, but not to me). My UI was built around the keypad back when I bought it in 2008 (the time that 3.0 was released and thus my Prot pala had plenty of new abilities and thus a real reason to bind) and it's been mostly the same since then regarding the actionbars, but most everything else has changed.

I'm probably going to be changing it in the next week or 2. I moved to 1440p last October and never got around to redesigning my UI. It scales just fine from 1080, but I figure that I could probably make better use of all the extra space with better scaling of each part.

I'm also waiting on the Orbweaver to turn up so I can effectively bind ctrl, alt, and shift as modifiers without changing my main bindings and have essentially have 64 bindings (and that's without even getting into using multiple modifiers together) instead of the 33 I have now. The N52TE has 16 keys if you include the 2 thumb buttons, while the orbweaver has 22. It's only a small increase, but the extra row of keys means I can open up not only another action bar for binding, but also an entire new set of modifier-based bindings (as I run tab-ctrl-alt on the left-most keys of the N52TE, so I can run tab-shift-ctrl-alt on the orbweaver and it won't change how I play while I adapt to the extra keys).

At the same time, I'm going to redesign the entire UI. The actionbars will probably be laid out to match the Orbweaver key layout. Some would probably advise me to hide them since I'm binding, but I like to be able to relate keys to abilities through visual. I'll also probably go back to custom character frames, buff frames (because I like to have buffs in the top corner) and minimap as I used to use. Raid frames are grid as they always have been and always will be.

I'll draw the basic design in Photoshop before I start to lay it all out. I used to just make it as I went along but I figure I might as well do it properly this time.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | Node.js Monkey | Supporter of error 418 (I'm a teapot)
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL, Python, JS + jQuery, HTML + CSS, Ruby, Node.js (+ Express & Socket.io)

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    Think I'm finally done, for show off this screenshot will have to do for now.
    I might show an in-combat SS later.

Boss/Arena frames go on the left above Skada.

The BigWigs message does not have correct outline I just noticed, haha :P

To avoid confusion, unitframes from left to right: Focus, Player, Target.

Me gusta, Quenios.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Me gusta, Quenios.
    Me too, quite a bit actually.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Sometimes people will try to make a UI as generic as possible so to avoid or minimise per class/spec modifications.
    Hunter only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    They were centered at the bottom but I felt I needed to change it up.

I'll check out near the minimap and I'm also thinking of next to the chat box.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    The UI isn't configured for Destro Locks. It's configured for Affliction and Demonology. You'll have to manually make your own strings in Weak Auras. If you follow the format I have setup, it shouldn't be too difficult if you have any experience with Weak Auras. I don't play Destro so I don't have any reason to create any Destro strings. Sorry

As for Big Wigs, the best way would be to load BigWigs and DBM at the same time, then put DBM into Test Mode, configure Big Wigs, and place the bars/messages in the same place. I truly like Big Wigs better but I can't find a good skin for the bars and if I use the default skin, the bars sit right next to each other and it's hard to see where one bar ends and the next begins.
    I'm familiar with weak auras

But Strings?

Also I have a mouseover focus macro bound to my scroll up and scroll down on my mouse... there is something in you UI that is preventing that, what could that be that it causing it? Some kind of unit frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    I'm familiar with weak auras

But Strings?

Also I have a mouseover focus macro bound to my scroll up and scroll down on my mouse... there is something in you UI that is preventing that, what could that be that it causing it? Some kind of unit frame?
    theres nothing wrong with this, i have checked mouseover macro and it worked fine

type /dom lock enable bar 6 and place it somewere stupid..

put your macros on it.
    type /kb
    bind your macro's to that bar only

type /dom lock Disable bar 6 and you have your macro's working fine.

you possibly put them on the toolbar thats held with Shift meaning the KB can be funny and would be Shift mousewheel up etc..
    anyways that how i got round it.
    as for destro its easy to configure,
    just go into weak aura's and view the soul shards section just duplicate and instead track burning embers you only need to know when you have a full ember bar or not. thats how i did it. lydude awesome interface

Update on changes

-lightened the class colors
    -cleaned up questlog layout
    -added black lines to separate the skada bars
    -moved buff bars up because designing this on a rogue made me forget that there would normally be spell text right above the cast bar for the player frame and the bars were covering it up hehe
    -took out the spacing between the buff bars so that they would mimic the skada bars
    -worked out the raidframes (will post a pic of a raidshot tom)

Getting closer to "release"

<3
    Ish

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Update on changes

Getting closer to "release"

<3
    Ish
    I'm not normally a big fan of that font, but your UI pulls it off quite well. I like it Simple and elegant.