Thread: Post Your UI

Out of Combat:

Quick Combat snap:

Weakauras:

Tweaked some things and some stuff.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Completely gone off the pixel font so I got rid of it again. Found an old font I had in wrath that has no capital letters in it so went with it instead of pixel fonts.

I like it much more now.
    Agreed, much nicer font especially for chat. Pixel fonts are fine for 'static' text (quest watcher/unit frames) but for chat... not so much. The whole no-caps thing is a clever style. Not sure I could use it personally, but a very unique look.

Looks clean and simple, there is just one thing that get's my OCD spinning! and that is that most of your texts has an outline, but your datatexts and coolline does not, I'd give those an outline to hold the consistency going!

Looks way better than mine

Wished I could get something that looked way better.

With the unitframe text changes.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-05-27 at 06:01 AM.
    Internet Sucks at New House so no more live streaming/video uploading

I've always believed video is the best way to show the full functionality of a UI.
    A darkened version of default UI with added functionality.

Looking for suggestions on minimalization.

I honestly don't understand how so many of you can live with such little information on your screens. This is my UI as stripped as possible.
    In combat DPS, annotated.
    If you have any suggestions for removing things, I'd love to hear them.

OOC DPS

Healing UI

@Bryce: Idk if it's imgur giving you shit quality, but it looks like you have monochrome on for your combattext whilst you're not using a pixelfont, I'd try and change that and it should be easier to decipher.

Asking here - has anyone problems woth nameplates? The castbar name/time thing; probably Blizzard has added some new regions i don't manage in my addon

Yes, I did have monochrome on. Turned it off and put no outline and it looks 100x better.
    Internet Sucks at New House so no more live streaming/video uploading

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7b4483cf.jpg

My UI is basically just Xperl (pretty ouddated addon but i like the looks) Bartender, omnicc and Bagnon. The small row of bars under my 1 - 6 binds was meant for my Logitech mouse buttons but i really dont have much need for too many binds, only bound 6 buttons to the mouse.

I dont like having my UI too complicated, i like want it clean and compact, obviously my Skada window is out of place in the picture but you get the idea
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-05-27 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Asking here - has anyone problems woth nameplates? The castbar name/time thing; probably Blizzard has added some new regions i don't manage in my addon
    They probably changed the identifiers, because of the 5.3 changes:
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.3 Patch Notes
    UI:
    When using name plates, castbars will now display for all creatures and players in the area.

Arghh - This is the thing I hate about X-Perl. Why do you need to have your class & level shown? Have you forgotten what you are, and at what level? I've no idea why, but it just angers me so much to see that on peoples User Interfaces...

Quote Originally Posted by drglenn View Post
    They probably changed the identifiers, because of the 5.3 changes
    Yeah, i noticed that too - but my castbars are just working fine. It's just the name and the shadows - i need a reference to get their names, handling them will be easy.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help
    No worries, have fun with the tweaking.

Any criticism welcome.
    Zevoa; Warlock // <Nightmare Asylum> US-Mugthol / Youtube - Kargath - Twin Ogron
    [Zaphikel]: Oh, you mean you're not a firm believer of the "DUMP DEMONBOLT AS SOON AS THE DEBUFF WEARS OFF" club

Quote Originally Posted by drglenn View Post
    No worries, have fun with the tweaking.
    Managed to get the handle of it - a nice GetRegions did the trick. If everything goes well i'll replicate it on my pc and post an image - trying to keep the spell text and look if it's good.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 04:09 PM ----------

Ok tweaked out the new 5.3 additions to nameplates. Hidden the ugly shadow and thought to use the spell text as a "kickable" indicator - the text is green if the spell is interruptable, turns red if it's not.

Here's a screenshot:

I am not entirely sure of the text disposition anyway, the name + spell makes the nameplate look a little cluttered, isn't it? Suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: video quality (especially colors) are a little messed up. Anyway it does the job.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-05-27 at 04:15 PM.

The stance bar looks weird there.

Maybe move it below your AB or in the top left.

I just asked the following in the UI mod thread but i will give it a try in here aswell.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get pixelperfect borders on my bigwigs timers that i have cusomized with QuseBossStyles (Qusewigs)?
    As you see in the picture below the borders looks like shit, its the same thing if i use 1px black borders.
    It looks all smeared out here and there

Pit Lord
    -cut-
    you could simply remove the spell name (icons are much more intuitive) and color the statusbar instead of the name
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: XFX Radeon HD 6990
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14