Thread: Post Your UI

Ok fixed some things since the last time I posted: http://i.imgur.com/Somkiqr.jpg

Now just need to find something that matches elvui unit frames.. probably gonna have to go over the OuF library even though I've seen them all 100 times.

-Anyone got suggestions for unit frames? (I've seen SUF already, may have to mess with options)
    -Is there an actual addon that displays gold, guild, repair and stuff under your chatbox or is that exlusive to packaged UIs?

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Ok fixed some things since the last time I posted: http://i.imgur.com/Somkiqr.jpg

Now just need to find something that matches elvui unit frames.. probably gonna have to go over the OuF library even though I've seen them all 100 times.

-Anyone got suggestions for unit frames? (I've seen SUF already, may have to mess with options)
    -Is there an actual addon that displays gold, guild, repair and stuff under your chatbox or is that exlusive to packaged UIs?
    For unit frames I would suggest Stuf unit frames. You can make it look any way you want as everything can be freely moved anywhere you like. (Most other unit frame addons restrict many things in the frames to anchor to a point, where Stuf is completely free and uses x, y to position everything)

It's very light weight (not as light as say oUF) but 1/3rd the memory usage of SuF, Pitbull, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    For unit frames I would suggest Stuf unit frames. You can make it look any way you want as everything can be freely moved anywhere you like. (Most other unit frame addons restrict many things in the frames to anchor to a point, where Stuf is completely free and uses x, y to position everything)

It's very light weight (not as light as say oUF) but 1/3rd the memory usage of SuF, Pitbull, ect.
    Sweet, thanks will look into Stuf. Is there such addon that displays a bar like titan panel but short and under your chatbox?

Sweet, thanks will look into Stuf. Is there such addon that displays a bar like titan panel but short and under your chatbox?
    Only one I know of that might be able to recreate the same look would be Chocolatebar. There's quite a few others but I don't know their names since I've never looked at using any. I think another one was mentioned in the top half of the last page. (226)

I went with SLDT data text, very nice. Gonna start messing with Stuf unit frames and try to give it a nice dark look.

Deleted
    Is that Weakauras or what is it?
    Kinda interested!

edit: was meant for Shyzhi's Eclipsebar.

Only one I know of that might be able to recreate the same look would be Chocolatebar. There's quite a few others but I don't know their names since I've never looked at using any. I think another one was mentioned in the top half of the last page. (226)
    Bourns, for stuf, do you know why text like HP & name of target in target frame won't "stick" and always changes? For example, if I target a mob with 300k hp, the bar makes up for the extra "k letter" and move the text more to the left, if I target a mob with only 30,000 hp, it will shift the text slightly to the left or right. Same thing with target names, the text won't shorten. Here's a pic to better understand:

screenshot 1: http://gyazo.com/b017f8b2a10c6b2bdf3245035e8fb830
    screenshot 2: http://gyazo.com/7d2744662b673c4039e3ddb2cceac8ac

It's as if they're just free, and not anchoring to anything.
    Last edited by Icycoldd; 2013-01-27 at 07:54 AM.

Bourns, for stuf, do you know why text like HP & name of target in target frame won't "stick" and always changes? For example, if I target a mob with 300k hp, the bar makes up for the extra "k letter" and move the text more to the left, if I target a mob with only 30,000 hp, it will shift the text slightly to the left or right. Same thing with target names, the text won't shorten. Here's a pic to better understand:

screenshot 1: http://gyazo.com/b017f8b2a10c6b2bdf3245035e8fb830
    screenshot 2: http://gyazo.com/7d2744662b673c4039e3ddb2cceac8ac

It's as if they're just free, and not anchoring to anything.
    Looks like you have the H justify option set on "right", try setting it to the "left" (you will have to shift it back into place after changing this setting).
    That way it will always stay put on the left side and grow to the right as the hp values get larger.

Same for the name text. Check what it's H justify is set to and set it to how you want it to "expand"
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-27 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted
    A kgpanel + sldatatext and your set

Hi, guys!

I'm not here to post my UI but to ask some help!

I'm looking for some minimal UI, for healer. I playing as a resto/balance druid and a resto/elem shaman if that matters. That would be important to run smoothly on my bad laptop. I was using ElvUI but i had 3 FPS in raids. I have 30+ with addons disabled tho.

I was browsing wowinterface.com, but I can't choose. Hopefully you guys can suggest something.

Thanks

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TyrickEU View Post
    Hi, guys!

I'm not here to post my UI but to ask some help!

I'm looking for some minimal UI, for healer. I playing as a resto/balance druid and a resto/elem shaman if that matters. That would be important to run smoothly on my bad laptop. I was using ElvUI but i had 3 FPS in raids. I have 30+ with addons disabled tho.

I was browsing wowinterface.com, but I can't choose. Hopefully you guys can suggest something.

Thanks
    Can I ask what version of ElvUI where you using? Where did you download it from?
    I ask because I don't think ElvUI would effect fps even close to that much or any effect at all. Which makes me think you had some very outdated version and was tossing out errors (which will effect performance like fps)

Yeah, I used ElvUI. I'm not good with coding or Lua in general, so I went for the easier option.

Also when it comes to the recount, I've tried changing the main windows font size, but I just can't seem to get it to work.
    Last edited by tobben; 2013-01-27 at 11:35 AM.

I'm using the newest version, the FPS problems only occurs when I'm in raids. I still use it for leveling alts and it's fine.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Is that Weakauras or what is it?
    Kinda interested!

edit: was meant for Shyzhi's Eclipsebar.
    Yeah the Eclipse bar is made from Weakauras, Once i went to the addon i never looked back :P

Deleted
    Here's my UI.

It's basically an old version of ColdUI that I've modified a bit. Also made some changes for the latest patch when some things borked.
    The font combination ain't the best but it works for now.

Looks like you have the H justify option set on "right", try setting it to the "left" (you will have to shift it back into place after changing this setting).
    That way it will always stay put on the left side and grow to the right as the hp values get larger.

Same for the name text. Check what it's H justify is set to and set it to how you want it to "expand"
    Ok, as for the name, I've changed the h justify, but is there a way to control when it shortens? Right now, it just glitches through the portrait like in this screenshot:
    http://gyazo.com/10d0fd8ddb90a4143a96bbfe851dd18b

You were right, stuf is vast in options lol.

Could someone help me out with placement of my pet and pet bar? Normally play WW so have no need for that, but leveling up my hunter to raid with, and I'm not sure what to do.

Combat screenie:

Config shown:

Ok, as for the name, I've changed the h justify, but is there a way to control when it shortens? Right now, it just glitches through the portrait like in this screenshot:
    You can set the Width of the text layer at the top of its individual options.

If you check the 'Highlight' box at the top, you can visually see the borders of the layer.

As you're new to Stuf; a clever way of making your Unitframes look a specific way, is to abuse empty text layers. You can set the background and border of a text layer, without having any actual text show. This way, you can use them for graphics rather than text display, to get around some of the restrictions other frame layers impose.

Go make something awesome.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2013-01-27 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Pretty sure his base is ElvUI but you can get that without it with sldatatext
    It's TukUI, not ElvUI.

You were right, stuf is vast in options lol.
    On top of what Cowt said about changing the width of the text layer, you can also add a custom lua to shorten long names.

Code:
    function(unit)
    	local name = UnitName(unit) or unit
    	name = name:gsub('(%S+) ',function(t) return t:sub(1,1)..'.' end)
    	return name
    end
    This will make long names such as Raider's Training Dummy show as R. T. Dummy

Also since you have the name on the right side, I would maybe set the name's H justify to right, so that regardless of the name it will always be aligned perfectly on the right side (cause shorter names will leave a gap between the name end and right frame edge the way you have it now)
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-27 at 11:22 PM.