Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #10201
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Where's Coldkil or Care when you need em eh?
    They might have been able to supply a solution to the kgpanels thing.
    Keep it up however, its looking nice.
    Do you have other action bars on mouseover/hidden?
    I'm here reading posts and looking at images.

    Tbh, i used KGPanels for a little while when i used to like textures behind unitframes and i found the same issues of alignement - i ended into hardcoding everything, this way i have direct control on frame sizes and borders.

    Static frames are pretty easy, moving ones (like nameplates) require some tinkering. I would like to know what addons Rusk is using for unitframes.

    EDIT: just FYI, texts are also a pain, especially if you have 1 or 2 px space in panels/frames. When you drag around the unitframes often the text starts to lose its offset; hence i added to the config the text offsets so everyone can fix texts by themselves, and they can be used as single-char variables in the profile file. Just to say that sometimes only manual adjustments work.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-02-25 at 09:28 AM.


  2. #10202
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I would like to know what addons Rusk is using for unitframes.
    It's STUF with the HalM texture and kgpanels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Also, did you parent the kgpanels to stuff so that it scales to other resolutions?
    Yep everything except the actionbar in the middle and the chat + skada windows, will get right on this.
    But as said earlier, i doubt the borders will be pixelperfect when scaled down, you will probably need to unlock each panel and move it to a position where its good then manually drag it in to place and set it to the size it had at the pixel perfect location.

    EDIT: Im afraid that you will need to manually resize the chat and skada window, i can parent/anchor the chat window to "chatframe1" but then it wont be visible if you go in to the combat log since that's a different chat frame named "chatframe2" and i don't want twice as many panels for the chat window
    It's however rather easy to resize them and put them in place, i can give you a screenshot with align showing so you know the exact position
    I will PM you an upload to the UI at it's current state just so you can see that everything works with the scaling etc, there is however nothing in the UI atm that tracks balance druids secondary resource.
    Last edited by Rusk; 2013-02-25 at 10:58 AM.

  3. #10203
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis569 View Post
    UI I made for my Warlock. Since he is Demo/Destro I wanted a sort of Fire theme hence all the red and orange. Most of my spells are done as macros so I could get a "firey" icon for them :P
    Would you mind linking the UI aswell?

  4. #10204
    Thanks, I meant the party frames lol really like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Seriously, this whole crusade against opinions and criticizing Blizzard in general really shows who blindly throws money at corporations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they don't. I have yet to see anyone who raids LFR complain that LFR drops gear of lesser value than normal/heroic (heroic/mythic), but all I hear is raiders in heroic/mythic bitching about people in LFR getting any rewards.

  5. #10205
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    It's STUF with the HalM texture and kgpanels.



    Yep everything except the actionbar in the middle and the chat + skada windows, will get right on this.
    But as said earlier, i doubt the borders will be pixelperfect when scaled down, you will probably need to unlock each panel and move it to a position where its good then manually drag it in to place and set it to the size it had at the pixel perfect location.

    EDIT: Im afraid that you will need to manually resize the chat and skada window, i can parent/anchor the chat window to "chatframe1" but then it wont be visible if you go in to the combat log since that's a different chat frame named "chatframe2" and i don't want twice as many panels for the chat window
    It's however rather easy to resize them and put them in place, i can give you a screenshot with align showing so you know the exact position
    I will PM you an upload to the UI at it's current state just so you can see that everything works with the scaling etc, there is however nothing in the UI atm that tracks balance druids secondary resource.
    I've got your UI up and running, however, because I dont have a MASSIVE FECKING MONITOR its a bit skewed, some of the panels are misaligned etc.
    For balance druids (me being one) you could add in Balance Power Tracker and just reskin it
    Also, holy crap on a cracker thats alot of panels ;P
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-25 at 01:37 PM.

  6. #10206
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    It's STUF with the HalM texture and kgpanels.
    Heh, if it was an oUF layout (tbh also not that difficult to implement) i would have been more of help. So, your borders are textures put over the frames with a panel?


  7. #10207
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Heh, if it was an oUF layout (tbh also not that difficult to implement) i would have been more of help. So, your borders are textures put over the frames with a panel?
    Yep, for the unitframes there's 1 panel with the unitframes background and a 1px black border, then theres a second grey panel that's 2px higher and 2px wider then the first one and lastly a 1px black border panel.
    The first one has a medium strata, the second low and the third high.
    Doing it this way looks much better then just using 1 panel, thanks to Ishtara that gave me the advice<3

  8. #10208

  9. #10209
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I've got your UI up and running, however, because I dont have a MASSIVE FECKING MONITOR its a bit skewed, some of the panels are misaligned etc.
    For balance druids (me being one) you could add in Balance Power Tracker and just reskin it
    Also, holy crap on a cracker thats alot of panels ;P
    Yes it indeed is a shitload of panels haha!
    Luckely KGpanels are incredibly lightweight and yea, im working on all the different power types.

  10. #10210
    The Patient kallekaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    around 60°N 24°E
    Posts
    339
    I would post my UI but
    been using the blizzard default ui since vanilla and I guess u all know what that looks like.
    It is the ui for winners

  11. #10211
    Hey Rusk, Having as play around with scaling options, it appears if I take the "UI Scale" slider up 2 notches stuff snaps back to pixel perfect, just totally out of place, currently moving everything back to where I feel it "should be" based on http://i.imgur.com/tL6lQEH.jpg <-- this pic. It probably wont be as epic as yours is with all that screen "real-estate" but heck its still pretty damn good

    Almost finished with moving stuff back
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-25 at 03:00 PM.

  12. #10212
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    If you have access to the background and border textures, nibPointDisplay may work for you.
    NIB!! I thought you had left me forever
    Hehe, no but really, I didn't know any of your standalone addons had been updated!
    My ui wasn't the same without your point display <3
    Thank you for giving it an update <3<3<3<3

    @ Rusk,
    Def give nibpointdisplay a try for your combo point needs, it should work perfectly for your ui without having to make extra panels.
    This is what mine looked like:

    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3118/combok.jpg

  13. #10213
    Hey Rusk, I think I'm pretty much done with moving stuff around now.
    Slapped Balance Power Tracker into the UI, It needs skinned/Kgpanels for a background at the moment but I will get to that later

    [email protected]
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-25 at 06:57 PM.

  14. #10214
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Hey Rusk, I think I'm pretty much done with moving stuff around now.
    Slapped Balance Power Tracker into the UI, It needs skinned/Kgpanels for a background at the moment but I will get to that later

    [email protected]
    Them borders are a bit smudgy here and there, thats what i feared would happen when it gets scaled down:/

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    @ Rusk,
    Def give nibpointdisplay a try for your combo point needs, it should work perfectly for your ui without having to make extra panels.
    This is what mine looked like:

    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3118/combok.jpg
    I will definately have a look at this
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-25 at 06:58 PM.

  15. #10215
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Them borders are a bit smudgy here and there, thats what i feared would happen when it gets scaled down:/
    They seem ok ingame, mebbe a few blurry bits here and there but overall I think it held up well

    Are you intending on adding nameplates?

  16. #10216
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Are you intending on adding nameplates?
    Maybe, i did try tidyplates not that long ago but there was barely any configuration options in it so it didn't match with the rest of the UI:/

  17. #10217
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Maybe, i did try tidyplates not that long ago but there was barely any configuration options in it so it didn't match with the rest of the UI:/
    Infinty Plates?

  18. #10218
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    His energy bar.
    Seems pretty redundant to have two Resource bars; if that's what it is.

    If he wants to have his Energy bar in the center (which is understandable), he may want to consider removing the one on his Player frame. And then increase the hight of the Player frame to make up for the difference.

    And yes, you made me talk about him in third person. This was awkward.

    (Or as a Moonkin, hawkward. - I'm a bird).

  19. #10219
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    Seems pretty redundant to have two Resource bars; if that's what it is.

    If he wants to have his Energy bar in the center (which is understandable), he may want to consider removing the one on his Player frame. And then increase the hight of the Player frame to make up for the difference.

    And yes, you made me talk about him in third person. This was awkward.

    (Or as a Moonkin, hawkward. - I'm a bird).
    The one on my unitframe is targets target and the one on the target is targets powerbar
    I know it's a bit odd to have the targets target there but i tryed it everywhere but that was the only position it actually looked good at;p

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    @ Rusk,
    Def give nibpointdisplay a try for your combo point needs, it should work perfectly for your ui without having to make extra panels.
    This is what mine looked like:

    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3118/combok.jpg
    This is odd, i got the combopoints set up and it looks great but it doesn't seem to work to parent kgpanels to it.
    I made 2 x 1px grey panels and put them in position so the combopointbar is merged with the actionbar and it works great untill i reload the UI.
    For some odd reason they wont appear after a reload unless i go in to kgpanels and move them 1 px to left/right and then back again.
    The strata and level is higher then the actionbar/combobar and they are anchored/parented with "nibPointDisplay_Frames_cp".
    Is it broken or am i missing something?
    Last edited by Rusk; 2013-02-25 at 06:48 PM.

  20. #10220
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    This is odd, i got the combopoints set up and it looks great but it doesn't seem to work to parent kgpanels to it.
    I made 2 x 1px grey panels and put them in position so the combopointbar is merged with the actionbar and it works great untill i reload the UI.
    For some odd reason they wont appear after a reload unless i go in to kgpanels and move them 1 px to left/right and then back again.
    The strata and level is higher then the actionbar/combobar and they are anchored/parented with "nibPointDisplay_Frames_cp".
    Is it broken or am i missing something?
    Is the Background Panel enabled for the Combo Points display? If not, try enabling it and see what happens. If this option is disabled the _cp panel will be hidden, which may cause the kgPanel frame to hide if it's anchored to it. You can set the Background Panel's colors to transparent to hide it.
    Last edited by Nibelheim; 2013-02-25 at 07:11 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •