Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Tried to recreate Fuji UI but in my own way.

Out of combat healing self with focus set:

In combat on training dummy:

In 40 man raid (nameplates hadn't been fixed yet):

The raid frames look different for 10 man and parties, like Fuji UI did.

All I need to do is tweak DBM, fix the class color in my nameplates, and hide the Blizzard raid frame thing on the side. I think I am going to switch to a monochrome outline for the text possibly, but in game it looks a lot better than the screenshots show it, and possibly switch my chat and quest text.
    You should definitely upload your wtf/addon folders for me to use this

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    -snip-
    Elv whore. <3
    Not a massive fan of Target of Target frame, possibly a little too large but then again I've just got a more "convenient" placing for mine, I guess.

Did you actually bother fiddling about with the buff spacings? They do look a tad more compact and neater than traditional Elv.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm more worried about those that hide too much than those that hide too little. And from what I've seen throughout my many many years of making UIs, many minimalistic UI creators that are famous hide too much.
    Not only the minimalistic ones hide much.

@ Tempeste
    Well done remake.

@ Kaitain (about your mage UI)

I am in love with the talent window. Except of the fonts.
    Played too much Borderlands, I guess?

The UFs are fine, too.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Tried to recreate Fuji UI but in my own way.

Out of combat healing self with focus set:
    /snip

In combat on training dummy:
    /snip

In 40 man raid (nameplates hadn't been fixed yet):
    /snip

The raid frames look different for 10 man and parties, like Fuji UI did.

All I need to do is tweak DBM, fix the class color in my nameplates, and hide the Blizzard raid frame thing on the side. I think I am going to switch to a monochrome outline for the text possibly, but in game it looks a lot better than the screenshots show it, and possibly switch my chat and quest text.
    White text on white background? Ouch, my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Looks really good, but i dont understand how people can like Pixil Fonts like this :|
    Pixel* But nice to know I'm on your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Yeah, I would never lose that much convenience and functionality trying to make a minimalistic and eye-pleasing UI. But I guess it comes down to what kind of player you are. Casual players can probably get away with it, but hardcore raiders not so much.
    Actually I can read pixel fonts just as easily as any other font, and it doesn't hinder my raiding ability in the slightest. Just because you have a hard time reading it doesn't mean everyone else does too :\ I agree there is a fine line between a well-crafted minimal UI, and a UI with too much hidden, but if you are knowledgeable about what UI features you need on your screen, then it's not difficult to make a functional, minimalistic UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    @ Kaitain (about your mage UI)

I am in love with the talent window. Except of the fonts.
    Played too much Borderlands, I guess?

The UFs are fine, too.
    Thanks Lyn. I assume you mean the headline font (CoolDog it's called). Nobody could hate Helvetica and Gotham :-)

The original idea with using that font was to add some cartoony sort of flavour to go hand in hand with the ink splat motifs. On the target frame I think it works well, but on the talents panel I don't like it. I might just remove it from there. And ye the whole idea came from the superb UI in Borderlands 2. I played that game a lot after quitting raiding a few months ago, and I remember thinking that Blizzard's UI guys really haven't done a very inspiring job over the years (unlike their other art teams). I certainly wouldn't hire many of their UI designers anyways. Thank god for the UI community, or I'd have quit wow after TBC :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Thanks Lyn. I assume you mean the headline font (CoolDog it's called). Nobody could hate Helvetica and Gotham :-)

The original idea with using that font was to add some cartoony sort of flavour to go hand in hand with the ink splat motifs. On the target frame I think it works well, but on the talents panel I don't like it. I might just remove it from there. And ye the whole idea came from the superb UI in Borderlands 2. I played that game a lot after quitting raiding a few months ago, and I remember thinking that Blizzard's UI guys really haven't done a very inspiring job over the years (unlike their other art teams). I certainly wouldn't hire many of their UI designers anyways. Thank god for the UI community, or I'd have quit wow after TBC :-)
    WTB Kaitain UI release Paying: all ze munnies.

Idle

In combat

Very nice.
    Quick question, how is that font called ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chisu View Post
    Very nice.
    Quick question, how is that font called ?
    It's called Gotham Narrow Black.

I'm getting close to finishing my new mage UI:

The main bit of sparklies around the big thing between player and target frames is dedicated to the bombs. I think the bombs adds a lot of aesthetic flavour to your talents so it's nice to have them really visible. The small circles above that are other rotation stuff (for fire it's heating up and pyro!, and for arcane it's missiles stacks, etc). And ofc on the arcane the big number is arcane stacks. Talents screen is just a version of my resto druid's UI setup.
    love the UI dude

quick question, how do you get the health bubble thingy to follow the healtbar? I imagine it's a kgpanel anchored to the healthbar, but I can't seem to figure out what the actual health bar frame is called so I can't acnhor to it Care to help a dude out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke View Post
    love the UI dude

quick question, how do you get the health bubble thingy to follow the healtbar? I imagine it's a kgpanel anchored to the healthbar, but I can't seem to figure out what the actual health bar frame is called so I can't acnhor to it Care to help a dude out?
    They replied somewhere that it is actually using WeakAuras, animating the aura to move between two points.

I would love to get a list of what addons you're using (and if you're using any attached files(?)). Would be so thankful

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They replied somewhere that it is actually using WeakAuras, animating the aura to move between two points.
    lol

Thx, found the post you were referring to now. Can't belive I missed that earlier :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sayru View Post
    I would love to get a list of what addons you're using (and if you're using any attached files(?)). Would be so thankful
    BigWigs
    CompactRunes
    ElvUI + ElvUI AddonSkins plugin
    LeatrixPlus
    SharedMedia
    Skada
    WeakAuras

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1641/q5gz.jpg

I use Shadowed Unit Frames, Dominoes, Skada, TitanPanel, Carbonite, Bagnon, OQueue, Prat, DBM, MSBT, the wilford brimley addon, OmniCC, WeakAuras, and TidyPlates.

BigWigs
    CompactRunes
    ElvUI + ElvUI AddonSkins plugin
    LeatrixPlus
    SharedMedia
    Skada
    WeakAuras
    Thanks a bunch :-)

'

First of all, hello to a fellow Horde on Ravencrest EU!

Your UI is beautiful and I would love to use it.

Is there any reason why you won't release the whole UI with the config folders and the addons themselves, since I'm very interested in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Botted View Post

Is there any reason why you won't release the whole UI with the config folders and the addons themselves, since I'm very interested in it!
    I don't think it's completely finished. Likely waiting for a complete package to release

Quote Originally Posted by Botted View Post
    '
    First of all, hello to a fellow Horde on Ravencrest EU!
    Your UI is beautiful and I would love to use it.
    I'm Alliance, but hello :-)

I will do a folder dump style release next week or the week after. I'm on holiday at the moment :-)

I'm Alliance, but hello :-)

I will do a folder dump style release next week or the week after. I'm on holiday at the moment :-)
    Are you using one of Hal's textures for your nameplate bars?