Thread: Post Your UI

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Piroshiki View Post
    I'm really liking this UI, is that a grid that has everything together (package) with the minimap in the middle and junk? what addon is it?
    It's spartan UI, that post is nearly 2 years old though so I don't know if it still works.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    It's spartan UI, that post is nearly 2 years old though so I don't know if it still works.
    Ah thanks, go figure. I started with a few of the first posts and jumped around looking, but I couldn't find anything similar.

High Overlord
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-03-30 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninelol View Post
    http://hostingd.imagecross.com/image...913_175255.jpg

So I decided to make myself a new UI from scratch and this is the result. There is still much room for improvements, so any comments are welcome. (Raid frames are above action bars)

Funny thing is that I ran dungeon afterwards and had like no idea what's going on around me
    ooh nice UI! I really like that font, mind if I ask what it is called?
    also, are you using pitbull for the unit frames?

Well, Emery posted their UI in the Warlock UI thread a few days ago and I fell in love with the setup so I decided to recreate it. It's made specifically for my Shadow Priest, so if anyone else is a Shadow Priest, you'll be able to install the UI and use it without making any changes to it as long as you are using 1920x1080. If you're a Warlock, or any other class really, you'll have to add some Weak Aura strings in yourself and make a few changes. Below are a few screenshots of the UI both in a raiding atmosphere and not in combat. You can also find the link to download the UI if you're interested.

Raid 01: http://tinyurl.com/cksyy7z
    Raid 02: http://tinyurl.com/cmlxpbs
    Raid 03: http://tinyurl.com/cr5etxw

Out of Combat 01: http://tinyurl.com/cku72b5
    Out of Combat 02: http://tinyurl.com/cvpa7ke

You can probably find all you need to know at the wowinterface page located here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5-LyserUI.html

But if anyone has any questions about a specific aspect, let me know and I'll get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    ooh nice UI! I really like that font, mind if I ask what it is called?
    also, are you using pitbull for the unit frames?
    The font is called "Hedge", it comes with a XCT addon and the unit frames are indeed Pitbull.

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Well, Emery posted their UI in the Warlock UI thread a few days ago and I fell in love with the setup so I decided to recreate it. It's made specifically for my Shadow Priest, so if anyone else is a Shadow Priest, you'll be able to install the UI and use it without making any changes to it as long as you are using 1920x1080. If you're a Warlock, or any other class really, you'll have to add some Weak Aura strings in yourself and make a few changes. Below are a few screenshots of the UI both in a raiding atmosphere and not in combat. You can also find the link to download the UI if you're interested.
    Love that font. I use Expressway Free everywhere, and this is the first font I've seen that makes me think I can spruce some things up. Not sure I could do the unit frames that way you have them, but is certainly an interesting idea.

Grunt
    Out of combat:

In combat:

Raid enviroment:

Here is a test i did in LFR to find any spots of improvement

I really like to have my screen as empty as possible so i try to have all the info i need using less addons. In the process i deleted most of the addons i used to have and ended with ElvUI, Skada, Vuhdo, Bigwigs and MSBT. Power Auras Classic to track Healing rain and Healing Stream Totem as Resto and Elemental Blast/Shocks as Elemental. Needtoknow was used for Flame Shock duration and Purify Spirit cooldown but i deleted that too replacing it with auras. Any criticism is more than welcome
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-03-30 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Love that font. I use Expressway Free everywhere, and this is the first font I've seen that makes me think I can spruce some things up. Not sure I could do the unit frames that way you have them, but is certainly an interesting idea.
    Yeah the unit frames are definitely unique, but after adjusting to them, it's rather nice. The blue dots on top of the player frame disappear as my HP goes down too, so that helps to see if I need to pop a defensive CD or something.

awesome, ty!

edit: This was in response to Ninelol

Hey guys,

So I decided I want to go back to a more 'default' looking UI, I just think that the addons I used were only superficial and didn't really make me play better. And since my PC doesn't have that good of a CPU / hardrive / graphics card I decided it would be best to have a more clean, UI free UI.

Anyways, I came across an awful problem: The look of my timer bars next to my portraits are awful now.

Previous:
    Now:

They just look out of place! And yes I'm aware the colours of the bars have slightly changed, the addon reset randomly so had to re-do all my settings for it. My question is simple: Does anyone have a quick fix for this problem? Or a different addon that would fit in a bit better? (Looks wise).

I don't really like the Idea of having 1 Icon to track SnD and have a timer on it, I prefer bars but that option isn't totally out of the window given the current situation.

Many thanks,

Mutix
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-03-31 at 09:20 AM.

Looking for some critique.

Idle

Combat

Raid

Doesn't seem as messy when i'm playing :P
    Meters are bottom right, i don't have them displayed most of the time.

I don't know what addon is causing the yellow thing on the right edge of the screen

Thought I'd post, quite tight about how my UI looks and especially it's functionality!
    Ganaza
    RETURNING IN MAY LADS
    ScrubBusters

#Acherus (storm.coldront.net) - Death Knight IRC

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    The base is oUF_Qulight, I have been editing it over and over for about 18months now.
    I agree with you about pixel fonts. When I first moved away I felt that I didn't get the 'crisp' look I was looking for but you get used to it, especially if you move away from pixel borders too.
    How "difficult" is editing / creating oUF layouts?
    Or would I be better using Stuf/Shadowed?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-03-31 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    How "difficult" is editing / creating oUF layouts?
    Or would I be better using Stuf/Shadowed?
    Editing oUF layouts isn't terribly hard as long as you know where to look for the changes you want to make. Just sometimes you make a change and the entire layout doesn't work so you have to revert the change. Sometimes it's a trial and error (for me at least, I'm terrible at lua).

I think changing tags and creating tags in the oUF layouts are the hardest thing to do.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || BTag:Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Editing oUF layouts isn't terribly hard as long as you know where to look for the changes you want to make. Just sometimes you make a change and the entire layout doesn't work so you have to revert the change. Sometimes it's a trial and error (for me at least, I'm terrible at lua).

I think changing tags and creating tags in the oUF layouts are the hardest thing to do.
    I am pure suck at LUA hence asking, most of the "sexy" unitframes seem to be oUF layouts

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post

I don't know what addon is causing the yellow thing on the right edge of the screen
    Norganna slidebar

my comments on your ui : why do you have both normal blizz combat numbers, and a scrolling combat text?

Anyone know a good simplistic bar addon that isn't Bartender?

I'm currently using rActionbarstyler and I can't get rid of those damn borders around the buttons, maybe cause I'm bad at LUA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    Anyone know a good simplistic bar addon that isn't Bartender?

I'm currently using rActionbarstyler and I can't get rid of those damn borders around the buttons, maybe cause I'm bad at LUA.
    Try and use Masque with it, if that doesn't work use Dominos as another bar addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganaza View Post

Thought I'd post, quite tight about how my UI looks and especially it's functionality!
    Can't really point out anything from a performance-enhancing standpoint since you are Ganaza, and you are one of the best DK's in the world IMHO. My only advice would be to possibly look at streamlining the aesthetics of the UI by adding matching borders to everything to mirror the borders created by Masque on your actionbuttons. It wouldn't detract anything, but it would create a sense of a complete interface. Overall a well laid out UI, and hope you finish strong this tier.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!