Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #11241
    Pandaren Monk Sunnydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lamp?
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Didnt know that was possible. I'm really interested in doing this if someone could help me out. How is it done?
    Im gonna guess its 3 copies of the bar and each one shows in a different place depending on how many in raid it is. example: 10 in raid> copy of frame nr1. 15>nr2. and so on

  2. #11242
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Or lazy.
    Also a possibility

  3. #11243
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Im gonna guess its 3 copies of the bar and each one shows in a different place depending on how many in raid it is. example: 10 in raid> copy of frame nr1. 15>nr2. and so on
    This was my first guess. I got excited that there was a way to have 1 bar move.

  4. #11244
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Work on the layout. Vertical bars, text string like i'm experimenting, different positioning and such.
    That's something I don't think I can change. The layout I have works absolute wonders and I'm so used to it now I don't want to play with a different layout.

    What I'd like to do is change the general theme of the UI as a whole but I have no idea what I want to do.

    Lyn has a nice scratchy theme in LynUI 15 and Neal sticks to a default theme with Neav UI.

    I'm sure I'll think of something soon, just need a little bit of inspiration.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  5. #11245
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Hey Pwnasaurus Rex,
    Unfortunately I have not uploaded my UI for external usage
    But to answer your question; it is mainly made through the ElvUI config options in-game. The only LUA editing that has been done is to change the Chat to the way I want, to change the font size in the chat bubbles above player's heads, and the addition of the font used in all aspects of the UI. There are 2 more Addons you'll need to add which are ElvUI_AddOnSkins and ElvUI_VisualAuraTimers. If you'd like the LUA codes I would happily give them to you. I believe they're posted in this thread too, in response to Drayarr

    Finally, indeed that pesky Carebear was a huge influence on the theme of the UI :P
    Cheers for the info Pixil. I've managed to get it looking pretty similar to how my old ui was, there's still a few features from elvui that i'm not keen on, but could be pretty easily replaced, i like to use msbt for example, and the aura's that come with elv i tend to use forte exorcist for, just seems like i can configure it all perfectly to my needs a bit better.

    Only thing i've not managed to find is if there's any way of turning the player debuffs off in the (default) top right as i tend to have all debuffs shown on player frame to make them easier to see, and i don't see the point of displaying the same information twice.

    Oh, managed to change the font size for the chat bubbles, pretty straight forward. Did have massive issues with font's, as my 'skurri' font was the font of choice (it is infact identical to the font you're using) I think i must have overwritten it at some point in the past to look like a pixel font.. everything was going fine with the elvui editing, but as soon as i installed skada, the font reverted to what it should actually look like. 5 mins later i figured out how to actually install a font into elv though, so no biggie!

    Anyway, couple more days getting used to this (re-mapped all my abilities, as they were a little... all over the place) and finilasing each addon and i'll get some shots up!

    Cheers again!

  6. #11246
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Here's an update and more extensive preview of the UI I'm working on currently!!
    C&C more than welcome (knowing it's designed with raiding / heroic raiding in mind).



    Huge thanks to Kait + Touchy for the WeakAuras inspiration and Jhazrun@Paragon for the combat text layout which I pretty much copied
    That looks awesome, those totem weak auras are slick.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That's something I don't think I can change. The layout I have works absolute wonders and I'm so used to it now I don't want to play with a different layout.

    What I'd like to do is change the general theme of the UI as a whole but I have no idea what I want to do.

    Lyn has a nice scratchy theme in LynUI 15 and Neal sticks to a default theme with Neav UI.

    I'm sure I'll think of something soon, just need a little bit of inspiration.
    Move boss frame to above minimap, looks so odd to me that its all on its own just floating at the side

  7. #11247
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Same old, same old! I'm struggling with my UI this time around because it works so well and I don't know how to improve it. Yes, it may not work for others but for me it's perfect. Which is why my UIs have looked the same for over 2 years!

    The only things that need to change are the aesthetics. It'd be nice to do a UI like this but with a different theme but I suck at designing and adding different borders.



    PS. If anybody knows of regular flex runs or a guild that raids weekends then hit me up. I'd love to get back into proper raiding again!
    Why change what is imo the best UI around? Does it have tons of 'original' ideas? Perhaps not. Does it have fancy graphics like Roth? Perhaps not. But it's the best at what a UI is meant to do, provide critical information in a way that's easy to process as a human.

    But still, mine was prettier! :P

  8. #11248
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Why change what is imo the best UI around? Does it have tons of 'original' ideas? Perhaps not. Does it have fancy graphics like Roth? Perhaps not. But it's the best at what a UI is meant to do, provide critical information in a way that's easy to process as a human.
    It... I mean, not that it's a bad UI by any stretch of the imagination, but that's perhaps a little hugboxy. The placement of the action bar, the encounter-related texts by the top of the screen, and the boss frames clearly favors form over function, as does the combat text that doesn't have enough information to be useful (so why is it there at all?) and the all-lower-case font (which makes it harder to pick out proper nouns at a glance).
    Come on, die young.

  9. #11249
    Warchief mrgummage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    2,084
    How do you people survive without 30 actionbar slots to show all your cooldowns and none-keybound abilities?

    Super awesome screenshot of me derping on the Iron Star:
    Too big to fit on screen (that's what she said)

  10. #11250
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    It... I mean, not that it's a bad UI by any stretch of the imagination, but that's perhaps a little hugboxy. The placement of the action bar, the encounter-related texts by the top of the screen, and the boss frames clearly favors form over function, as does the combat text that doesn't have enough information to be useful (so why is it there at all?) and the all-lower-case font (which makes it harder to pick out proper nouns at a glance).
    Knowing care, he probably doesn't even use the actionbar. The encounter text is pretty standard I reckon, and what exactly is wrong with it? Boss-frame provides whatever you need, quick overview of their stats. Combat text is the most overused thing in any UI imo, in any raid environment this goes so fast you'll barely receive any information whatsoever about it.

    His older UI was perhaps a tad more polished, but the core is the exact same, because it simply works.

  11. #11251
    High Overlord Kyuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Knowing care, he probably doesn't even use the actionbar. The encounter text is pretty standard I reckon, and what exactly is wrong with it? Boss-frame provides whatever you need, quick overview of their stats. Combat text is the most overused thing in any UI imo, in any raid environment this goes so fast you'll barely receive any information whatsoever about it.

    His older UI was perhaps a tad more polished, but the core is the exact same, because it simply works.
    A lot of the things you state are arguments in Constie's favor, I feel. If he doesn't use the action bar, why show it? If the combat text is useless, why show it?
    I feel he can move the BossFrame to a more central position, or line it up with something like the minimap to make it prettier if he insists on it giving it the functionality he needs off to the side.
    I absolutely love the UI, but I don't think it's the best out there and I don't think it's anywhere near as flawless as you make it out to be.

    Also, your UI was indeed prettier!

  12. #11252
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    How do you people survive without 30 actionbar slots to show all your cooldowns and none-keybound abilities?
    Every ability used in combat should be keybound, which means the few abilities that are not keybound can be hidden on an actionbar to the side that shows on mouse-over or is visible when not in combat. Any ability that is keybound and does not need tracking, does not need to be shown either unless you're still new to your own binds (in any case it can eventually be hidden). Then you're left with something like 8-15 abilities depending on class. I prefer to have these shown at all times but you can minimalize this even further by only showing the abilities that are currently on cooldown since you then know that any ability not shown is available, this leaves you with only 0-8 abilities shown without any loss in functionality.

  13. #11253
    Here's my UI. Very minimal IMO, very clean. In combat it's the same except Grid and Weak Auras pop up and flesh out.

    http://imageshack.com/a/img818/1773/crvj.jpg
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB DDR5 Superclocked | Ripjaws 8GD3 (2x4GB) RAM
    Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.3GHz CPU | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling System
    Corsair HX 650W Gold+ Certified PSU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Intel MOBO
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor
    Cobra Series R Gaming Keyboard | Razer Deathadder Chroma Gaming Mouse

  14. #11254
    Stood in the Fire Xenlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post


    Trying out these transparent icons I saw.

    Not sure how much I like them yet.

    I'm finding that certain aspects of ElvUI have backdrops behind certain elements (Actionbars, Buffs) that I can't seem to configure and it makes those darker than my WA. Not sure if I'll keep these much longer.

    (I can but only rgb and not a)
    CTx or MSBT? Also what font and size? :P

  15. #11255

  16. #11256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Here's an update and more extensive preview of the UI I'm working on currently!!
    C&C more than welcome (knowing it's designed with raiding / heroic raiding in mind).



    Huge thanks to Kait + Touchy for the WeakAuras inspiration and for the combat text layout which I pretty much copied
    it is a great ui, well done.

    care to share the weak aura strings?

  17. #11257
    I wrote some more code for my mini UI project "ZorkUI".



    http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour.../wow5.0/ZorkUI

    The intention behind that is to give me a simple function set that allows me to create an overlay border on any frame. The border will look the same independent on frame size. It will only be affected by scale but that scale will affect anything in the same way.

    It is even possible to hook specific color calls on certain textures and then add the same color to the new overlay border aswell.

    What I learned from BeautyCase is how to add new object calls into the object metatable. That way I was able to add 2 new calls.
    object:SetZUIBackgroundColor(r,g,b,a)
    object:SetZUIBorderColor (r,g,b,a)

    Those become available once a zui background or border is applied to the object.

    Those functions can be found here:
    http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour...ore/lib.lua#84

    The final intention is to create a border that is the same for anything. Sort of what BeautyCase does but I want to add that to ActionButtons aswell. We will see. Still fiddling with the backdrop border textures.

    Currently testing 16px backdrop borders set to edgesize of 8. They seem to turn out quite nicely. Since the edgesize is a parameter any value between 1 and 16 would be possible.
    Last edited by zorker; 2013-11-28 at 08:35 PM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  18. #11258
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    How do you people survive without 30 actionbar slots to show all your cooldowns and none-keybound abilities?

    Super awesome screenshot of me derping on the Iron Star:
    Too big to fit on screen (that's what she said)
    Every skill is keybinded. :P As if any any spells unkeybinded.

  19. #11259
    I agree that all skills used in combat should be keybound, that being said I can certainly see the argument for having some actionbar's visible for your cooldowns. Or....weak auras but that may be getting a bit too cute.

  20. #11260
    Mechagnome Ryas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    I agree that all skills used in combat should be keybound, that being said I can certainly see the argument for having some actionbar's visible for your cooldowns. Or....weak auras but that may be getting a bit too cute.
    This is offtopic but I'll post my 2 cents anyway. The actionbars in my UI are there purely for OmniCC use. I don't click on any of them. But As a DPS I like seeing the fractions of seconds on CD's so I keep there there as a visual tool. Abilities like Cobra Shot (ones without a CD that i use in combat) are keybound but not shown.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •