Thread: Post Your UI

Oh, you're the guy I got the positioning of the UI from lol.

Yup, gathered that :P

I modified mine a bit more now with the ideas I had in mind earlier. I did make a new vengeance weak aura, but I'm still not sure what, if anything, i can put in my lower right hand corner to balance the UI out more.

Clean: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215252.jpg
    Everything Open: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215015.jpg

Personally I'm pretty happy with the changes, but let me know what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post

I modified mine a bit more now with the ideas I had in mind earlier. I did make a new vengeance weak aura, but I'm still not sure what, if anything, i can put in my lower right hand corner to balance the UI out more.

Clean: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215252.jpg
    Everything Open: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215015.jpg

Personally I'm pretty happy with the changes, but let me know what you guys think.
    is that the elvui (addonskin) border for WA or a seperate?
    Empty Drinking Horn is just a myth, I no longer believe in its existence.

Pretty happy with this now. Comments?

Is it possible to have to many weakauras?

Last edited by Treeston; 2014-01-05 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    In response to the people after the DM3 texture...
    https://github.com/Coolkids/s_Core/b.../Media/dM3.tga

To download it click on "Raw".
    Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post
    Alrite, the thing with bartender, im not sure how to fix that 0.5px but i will check lua.
    i think if i crunch my skada, maybe i wont be able to see the text so well.
    It's worth looking into removing the info in the paranthesis, and use the shortest abbreviation possible. Mine is about the size of your minimap and I have loads of space for more text, even with a pretty long name (8 characters)

Looking at it again, is your Skada font the same as your font on the unitframes? The M looks a lot wider, if it isn't you should try it with the more narrow font and see if you can crunch the width down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Nope.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Thanks a bunch!

It's worth looking into removing the info in the paranthesis, and use the shortest abbreviation possible. Mine is about the size of your minimap and I have loads of space for more text, even with a pretty long name (8 characters)

Looking at it again, is your Skada font the same as your font on the unitframes? The M looks a lot wider, if it isn't you should try it with the more narrow font and see if you can crunch the width down a bit.

Nope.
    Not so sure how to remove that text in Skada tbh, the text in skada was different but its changed now.

About bartender i have no clue where in lua to change the position from 0 to 0.5

Not so sure how to remove that text in Skada tbh, the text in skada was different but its changed now.

About bartender i have no clue where in lua to change the position from 0 to 0.5
    Mine's formatted like this:

Interface -> AddOns -> Skada -> Columns -> Damage, check which ones you want to show. I use Damage and DPS, cause I don't care about the % of damage someone does. I've been thinking of hiding DPS aswell, because there's a separate window for that anyway. I can just right click Skada, choose DPS and it'll show me that information. It feels redundant showing it on two tabs but I'm too lazy to fix it.

You can move them via your SavedVariables, if you go in your Bartender.lua inside your SavedVariables folder, you'll see a table containing all your settings. They'll probably be sorted by profiles first, so find which one you use, under that you'll see your settings for that profile. You'll want to find the bars in question. Chances are they're called "bar1" and "bar2" etc.
    There'll be position settings in there somewhere, and you can just increase the value by 1. You don't want to move it by 0.5 pixels, that can cause problems with border thickness and blurry textures. DBM, for example, is notorious for screwing up borders because of this. Try moving it a full pixel and see how it looks. It's worth trying atleast.

Unless that's what you meant by "in lua", if you've already gone through the SavedVariables I can't help you because I don't use Bartender, my advice follows the "shoot and hope it sticks"-logic.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Mine's formatted like this:

Interface -> AddOns -> Skada -> Columns -> Damage, check which ones you want to show. I use Damage and DPS, cause I don't care about the % of damage someone does. I've been thinking of hiding DPS aswell, because there's a separate window for that anyway. I can just right click Skada, choose DPS and it'll show me that information. It feels redundant showing it on two tabs but I'm too lazy to fix it.

You can move them via your SavedVariables, if you go in your Bartender.lua inside your SavedVariables folder, you'll see a table containing all your settings. They'll probably be sorted by profiles first, so find which one you use, under that you'll see your settings for that profile. You'll want to find the bars in question. Chances are they're called "bar1" and "bar2" etc.
    There'll be position settings in there somewhere, and you can just increase the value by 1. You don't want to move it by 0.5 pixels, that can cause problems with border thickness and blurry textures. DBM, for example, is notorious for screwing up borders because of this. Try moving it a full pixel and see how it looks. It's worth trying atleast.

Unless that's what you meant by "in lua", if you've already gone through the SavedVariables I can't help you because I don't use Bartender, my advice follows the "shoot and hope it sticks"-logic.
    Alrite Skada seems to work fine, but changing any value in the Savedvariables, nothing changes, and after reload it wanna go back to the default numbers in the savedvariables file. so im not sure , and also when i move my bars i always have to add like 0.4 to one side, like 121.4 otherwise the icons get blurry
    Last edited by Muncken87; 2014-01-05 at 05:37 PM.

Alrite Skada seems to work fine, but changing any value in the Savedvariables, nothing changes, and after reload it wanna go back to the default numbers in the savedvariables file. so im not sure , and also when i move my bars i always have to add like 0.4 to one side, like 121.4 otherwise the icons get blurry
    You can't be ingame when making changes to your SavedVariables, you have to exit the game and then do it for it to work.

The icons getting blurry has to do with UI Scale, I think. But if you've found that adding .4 to whatever value you have, you atleast have a working workaround.
    With some google-fu, you can find some very recent threads about this on WoWInterface. There were some really good posts in a thread about DBM borders suffering from this, I think. I'm not completely sure, I might be mixing my threads up, but I know there was a good discussion about this recently.

EDIT: Good luck! Maybe someone else will swoop in and will be able to help you more. If not, I'll check back tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post

Nope, 343 and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Nope, 343 and counting.
    1100+. You can imagine my reluctance to type /wa. Shit takes forever to load and makes my fps take a dive.

No clue what to do with my Bigwigs.. any suggestion?
    also: want to get rid of the standard raicontrol. how can i do this? i want the frames but not the Control frame thingy

Last edited by Treeston; 2014-01-05 at 07:29 PM.
    Empty Drinking Horn is just a myth, I no longer believe in its existence.

Still rocking this setup right here, it seems it's the only setup I'm actually comfortable playing with :P

However I'm having difficulties adding a monochrome outline to the DBM bars and was wondering if any of you knew how to add one?

Ignore that stuff isn't aligned properly, I forgot to install align and will get to it once I get the annoyance of getting the monochrome outline added to the dbm bars! :P

Also, yes, it is still my own rendition of Care's Cataclysm layout :P
    Just so people don't think I'm taking credit for it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post

Would you mind being able to tell me what font face you are currently using?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    is that the elvui (addonskin) border for WA or a seperate?
    It could be either Clean Icons - Thin or the default skinning from ElvUI/AddOn Skins, I'm not sure as I use both.

Quote Originally Posted by zhr0 View Post
    Would you mind being able to tell me what font face you are currently using?

Thank you
    Gotham Narrow - Black

My UI is based around RealUI.

Combat[the length of the raid frames is fucked up for some reason, I've posted a picture below on how they are supposed to be]:
    i.imgur.com/S34qp1y.jpg

Close up:
    i.imgur.com/CvJiKTv.jpg

Raidframes[FIXED]:
    i.imgur.com/7lEB0Jl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    No clue what to do with my Bigwigs.. any suggestion?
    also: want to get rid of the standard raicontrol. how can i do this? i want the frames but not the Control frame thingy

It appears you are using Elv or Tuk. There is an option in the built in setup menu to turn that off.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.

Sorry for the huge delay. Thank you for the information. I will be looking into doing this starting by the end of the month. It is something I've been wanting to do since it can be fun to make my own personalized UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    However I'm having difficulties adding a monochrome outline to the DBM bars and was wondering if any of you knew how to add one?
    You need to do it for Skada too.
    Look for :SetFont() instances in their respective .lua files and add 'OUTLINE|MONOCHROME' as the third argument.
    An easy way of doing this is downloading notepad++ and then just simply ctrl+f for 'SetFont'.

http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge...stance/SetFont

Skada is fairly simple to change via .lua edits, don't know about DBM though.