Thread: Post Your UI

I wasn't quite happy with how what I was doing was turning out, so I'm back to being boring.

Come on, die young.

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post

WeakAuras used for unitframes, cooldowns, castbars.
    mother of god :O pls post it...
    infractions about small signatures made me lol here...

Quote Originally Posted by TheShade View Post
    Just thought I would check in and share what I have been working on. It is an ElvUI setup.
    You need to set blank 2nd triggers for those little green flames behind your embers to trigger on ANY TRIGGER to stop the animation from resetting. And maybe its just me but damn that scrolling text is split so far I would forget its there in combat. Good to see some people are utilizing the in-game models though.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-01-03 at 12:53 AM.

Right on. I've been playing this character since BC so I have all my keybinds memorized so there is no reason to see them lol. I hide my chat and dps meter during combat to free up space.

Go Tarheels!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    You need to set blank 2nd triggers for those little green flames behind your embers to trigger on ANY TRIGGER to stop the animation from resetting. And maybe its just me but damn that scrolling text is split so far I would forget its there in combat. Good to see some people are utilizing the in-game models though.
    Thank you! I didn't know about the 2nd trigger. I will try that. Thank you very much. The green flames that are behind the embers sink up with the amount of embers I have. 1 ember has 2 flames and so on.
    V A N Q U I S H | US-Sargeras | 14/14HM 25man Siege of Orgrimmar

- Recruiting for Mythic Raiding in WoD -

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    @Bryce

Couple of things to consider:

- Do you really need auras to track the other tank's debuffs? Focus debuffs would achieve the same thing and you wouldn't need to keep making auras each tier.
    - I feel like the dynamic group showing tank cds would be better placed elsewhere. Odds are, you're only going to have one of those cds up at any time right? Yet it feels like that entire row of icons is "reserved" space.
    - Should you decide to move that group, your debuffs would be better suited for that spot. That would solve your problem of needing a place to put your stagger debuff (and all the others).
    - Additionally, considering you have icons for everything else, why not an icon for shuffle? On the same line of thought, I'm assuming that the line between your shuffle bar and your energy bar is where your combo points go. Wait for it. Have you considered merging the 2?! (look below).
    - Last thing, the place above the target frame seems underused. All you have is that expel harm aura when you could do a lot more with the real estate.

Those raid auras and tank debuff auras are mine. I dont see the difference between those and making ones to track your focus target except having to refocus your OT every single fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Those raid auras and tank debuff auras are mine. I dont see the difference between those and making ones to track your focus target except having to refocus your OT every single fight.
    It depends on the user and their play.

I like the idea of the auras but as a LFR/Flex Hero I never know who the other tank is. So setting a focus is way easier then fiddling with auras. Also more reliable.

Its just a different use case really.

Talking

Latest thing I have been working on. NeavUI as a base and modded it out as much as possible.

Last edited by Kkthnxbye; 2014-01-03 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye View Post
    Latest thing I have been working on. NeavUI as a base and modded it out as much as possible.
    Very interested in the various nAddOns not included in NeavUI's download. nTweaks, nScripts, nSkins, and nInfo in particular. Any chance of an upload for these?

Which addon is it that skins your guild pane?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I've got it set up the same way as Gliff and Bryce (copied the idea from Gliff's interface - kudos to you, sir!) and I think it's a very good idea: I track my important debuffs at that place anyway, because you can see them at a glance. And since I track my debuffs there anyway it's the perfect place to track my ot's debuffs.
    Hard coding this into wa is more work to set it up once, but frees up your focus for the rest of the patch plus you can never forget to focus your ot (which may have been a big part of why I've done it :P).
    I did however set it up for focus as well, so I still have a working interface when doing flex on one of my twinks and setting all this up is mosty copy and paste anyway.

So, here my interface (few month old the video, a minor things since then like chaning the combat text font to outline from monochrome outline etc.):

Amazing Sig and Avatar by Visenna!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Very interested in the various nAddOns not included in NeavUI's download. nTweaks, nScripts, nSkins, and nInfo in particular. Any chance of an upload for these?

Which addon is it that skins your guild pane?
    Aurora.

Some of these addons still need to be adjusted to achieve my goal of it being module based UI setup (Like a pure clean NeavUI setup). This way people can disable what they want on the fly. We will see how things go in the next few days to weeks. Depending on time spent on this.

I have to rename one addon before I do release this as he requests this so people will not go to them for bugs / issues. I do need to PM 1 or 2 people to let the know I plan to release this and if it is okay with them. My goal here is to give a UI that does simply everything and giving a blizzard feel at the same time. I have a ton of people to thank along the way. Some people being P3lim, Nib, Azilroka, Neal, Phanx, and other people as well. Once I talk with others and get the green light I will share
    Last edited by Kkthnxbye; 2014-01-03 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye View Post
    Aurora.
    Aurora is not the addon that adds those category buttons at the top of the pane.

The Patient
    Does anyone have a UI pack either already configured or easily configured they'd recommend? Mine right now is such a clusterf*** that I'm not entirely happy with it. The aspects I like for a UI are clean real estate in the middle area and as minimal as possible around the edges. I want raid frames that are the addon (blanking on the name) that are small boxes or rectangles inside a larger box (STUF or something?). I'm not a fan of the huge rectangular box that covers up a 1/4 or 1/5 of the bottom.

Any suggestions? I ask about the configuration aspect because I don't have a huge amount of time to tweak a UI (nor the patience - it's not laziness, just time constraints).

** WoW (Aggramar - The Committed) **
    Signature by Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    I want raid frames that are the addon (blanking on the name) that are small boxes or rectangles inside a larger box (STUF or something?). I'm not a fan of the huge rectangular box that covers up a 1/4 or 1/5 of the bottom.
    I think all raid frames can be re-sized to your desire. The most common ones, I'd say, are (in no particular order) Grid, Vuhdo and Healbot.

Stuf is primarily a unit frames addon, but has a raid frames module if you want to use that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    I'm sorry, do you not have any faith in your off tank? Are you so surrounded my incompetents that you have to do every last thing yourself? Tanks not calling for taunts doesn't happen anywhere other than lfr does it?
    Actually once you get in a good guild you know when to taunt and call when you taunt - your off tank doesn't call for you to taunt (unless there's something else going on that calls for it). Having these kind of debuffs makes it easier.

And the reason we don't use (just) focus auras is that you have to have him as focus target to use those and you sometimes want to focus other stuff.

Damn you Frantik and everyone else, I have 72hr game time and I spent most of it redoing my UI, curse your creativity!

Currently fidgeting around in photoshop/ingame trying different things, will come back when I have something close to done.

The Patient
    Shanthi - thanks for the response. How difficult is Grid to configure to a personal preference level? I've heard of it but never have used it.

** WoW (Aggramar - The Committed) **
    Signature by Yoni

High Overlord
    Shanthi - thanks for the response. How difficult is Grid to configure to a personal preference level? I've heard of it but never have used it.
    Hope you don't mind if I jump in.

I use Grid for my raid frames and find it pretty easy to set up, simple in-game config menu and you can add custom buff/debuff really easily with options to show how they are displayed on the frames. I like it, but I've never really used anything else.

I've generally used Grid, and I haven't found it a problem to set up. Some feel it's more of a pain to set up, but I think it's relatively logical in how it's organized and once you understand the concept of statuses (information you want to know, like time left on Regrowth or whether Power Word: Shield is on a player) and indicators (ways to display that information, like with a square in a corner or text at the top of the frame), the flow to set stuff up is pretty straight-forward.

The main thing you should know is that Grid was designed with modularity in mind, so the basic package has less functionality than Vuhdo or Healbot out of the box. You add features you want via plugins, so that there's less wasted overhead.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Please could someone kindly tell me which Ui this guy is using... Thank you very much in advance.