Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Attempted a more "flashy" UI
    How can I make these lightning and fire effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedshodd View Post
    I think your Totem Timers are slightly off
    Oh, didn't notice. Thanks for pointing it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I love it! But then I would, right? :-P One thing you could try (not because I think it needs it, but just as an idea
    Haha, it may have been slightly inspired by your work And yeah I was going to do that initially but lost the motivation halfway through and just went with the lazy version.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Make me want to try and come up with something super minimal but flashy at the same time
    Go for it! So much easier to do with a class that uses magic tho so beware if you're gonna try it on say, a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVanir View Post
    So freakin cool again! What's the name of the font?
    Imagine. Doesn't have all letters though so it's kind of annoying when people use letters like åäö as they won't show. I really should get a new one.. any recommendations? Do want one in all caps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Is it me, or are your pixelfonts always at the wrong size?
    What do you mean??
    Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    How can I make these lightning and fire effects?
    By using an addon called WeakAuras and choosing the Models option. There are tutorials out there if you do a bit of searching.

Quote Originally Posted by eflow View Post
    snip
    Yeh, it's pretty much elvUI with textures made by me, all those fancy "fantasy" stuff are custom made, then I imported them with KGpanels. Those "HUDs" in the middle are made with weak auras. They are basically the tracking of important monk stuff like Chi, energy, procs, brew stacks, brew buff durations etc.
    I am always amazed by people with artistic gifts since I have zero. If you could find a way to share your textures and maybe even some of your KG Panel scripting / Weak Aura stings that would be amazing.

That's a lot of work though and I understand if you cannot - thank you very much for sharing.

Imagine. Doesn't have all letters though so it's kind of annoying when people use letters like åäö as they won't show. I really should get a new one.. any recommendations? Do want one in all caps!
    Among pixel fonts, I really like PF Tempesta Five. Though I find it only looks good small, like around 9 pt. If you wanted to use a pixel font but at large sizes, it may not work.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Try this: imagine_kait.ttf

I replaced all the weird accented letters with copies of the un-accented versions. I can't promise it will work (I didn't try it in-game), but I'm 78.354% sure it will. Also - Æ and æ might look fuzzy. I never made a pixel font before so I've no clue how to get the editor to snap to pixels.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-03-06 at 03:54 PM.

What do you mean??
    You've set your fonts at a size that make them look fuzzy. It's likely they're supposed to be set to 8. Also, a fontflag of "MONOCHROMEOUTLINE" wouldn't go amiss.

Using Tukui+flying ui, weakauras, DBM and tukui addonskins (was disabled for that fight)

Quote Originally Posted by Zipdisk View Post
    My current UI. I would love some outside perspective on it.
    It is heavily inspired by Jelloslock's ui.
    Your crits overlap your normal shots, which looks kinda bad. Otherwise it's pretty cool I guess.
    Humanity will not be happy until the day the last aristocrat has been hung with the guts of the last priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipdisk View Post
    My current UI. I would love some outside perspective on it.
    It is heavily inspired by Jelloslock's ui.
    Isnt this just default ElvUI? If not, looks like a million other Elv UIs I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Isnt this just default ElvUI? If not, looks like a million other Elv UIs I have seen.
    threads name is "post your UI".

Not "post something none else uses"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die.

WIP

combat:

bossframes shown:

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    threads name is "post your UI".

Not "post something none else uses"
    True, but if you know tons of people use it, why post it? You know they've seen it before. Just say "I use ElvUI" and post no picture. We'll all get it from that.

If you know the edits you made to vanilla Elv are pretty minor and think that makes it a borderline case, maybe mention your changes explicitly and why you made them.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-03-07 at 01:15 PM.

Humanity will not be happy until the day the last aristocrat has been hung with the guts of the last priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    True, but if you know tons of people use it, why post it? You know they've seen it before. Just say "I use ElvUI" and post no picture. We'll all get it from that.

If you know the edits you made to vanilla Elv are pretty minor and think that makes it a borderline case, maybe mention your changes explicitly and why you made them.
    I'd rather see people post default/stock blizzard UI than that stupid elv skin and layout ever again

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    I'd rather see people post default/stock blizzard UI than that stupid elv skin and layout ever again
    Post your ui.

You guys are seriously anal about truly trivial things that don't impact you in the least bit. Your hatred for Elv is like me saying, "I'd rather people just not post UIs with horizontal or vertical health bars. Those are totally overdone. Better yet, let's just restrict any UI that uses weak auras, it's overplayed." These same "hate" trends with UIs have come up repeatedly as far back as I can remember (Cosmo, Gradients, Transparency, etc. etc.).

The game has been out for 9 years, short of insanely creative UIs you're not going to see anything unique or amazing. It's all going to be the same addons with slightly different skins and texts in slightly different arrangements displaying too much or too little information for your personal use.

Please stop with the ElvUI hate and let people do what this thread is about: posting your UI (whether it be elv, some concoction of addons left in their default state, or people who have clearly invested time to assure their UI is creative, clean, usable, and attractive).

Let's just hate on xperl instead!

http://imgur.com/Ml2DZn1

I do what I can to always improve it. I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.
    Let me know what you think.

EDIT: http://youtu.be/R_lLOdfyOOY - I've uploaded a clip of it in action.
    Since this video was recorded I have already removed Omen, so dont worry about the wierd position of that.
    Last edited by Rakhyt; 2014-03-07 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added video