Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    So I totally made a derp and meant "power color" not class color. I have a code for that already, but yours might be better!
    Ah, I don't know if it is at all.

Anyway, I don't think modifying it to use power color would be too hard. You can check what type of power you use via UnitPowerType('player') and then compare it to a table I think. But I'm not the best at this either.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Everyone has exactly the same UI's these days. Boring.
    You're going to state this without posting yours? What a tease.

UI aint done yet but was healing LFR and wanted to kinda show how it is going :P

http://i.imgur.com/VT7rv4S.jpg

Trying some different things. Unfortunately the spacing of the font cannot be changed - the SetSpacing() function works for new lines and not horizontal spacing between characters.

Anyway:

First is a monospace font, second is another pixel one which looks kinda cool (and the spaces inside are not that bad).

But i can also do something like this, for the love of Ish (maybe not the best fon choice, but whatever); as i said, now it's all a matter of media choice.

Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-24 at 02:40 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

@ Cold
    That's looking pretty darn awesome! I love the big plus signs and the bottom pic too!

Now here is what we need to do, we need to find a dingbat font or something that has heart symbols in it so we can make a Zelda Ui!

hehe, love the progress so far!

<3
    Ish

Deleted
    @Coldkill
    That last thingy is really cool. What is that? Are there actually fonts that behave like tribals or what?
    Your combination with scrollframes is pretty nice aswell. It allows a smooth transition of 0-100 instead of going in chunks of 10 from 0-100 since you could only color per character basis.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-24 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    This would be more fun if you posted your UI.
    Would add even more fun if his ui was elv/tuk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    UI aint done yet but was healing LFR and wanted to kinda show how it is going :P

http://i.imgur.com/VT7rv4S.jpg
    Those frames look fantastic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    @Coldkill
    That last thingy is really cool. What is that? Are there actually fonts that behave like tribals or what?
    He mentioned this on IRC yesterday, so I guess the answer is "yes".

Reposted from the Paladin UI thread.

Here's what i've done with Spacebubble's UI. NOTE: this was done before he released the UI, i just rebuilt it from some pictures/video

OOC: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3334/vchh.jpg

Weakauras/Vuhdo: http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8427/3sur.jpg

Bigwigs: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8505/ohv6.jpg

Couple minor changes. Minimap addon, FPS tracker, that's about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    @Coldkill
    Your combination with scrollframes is pretty nice aswell. It allows a smooth transition of 0-100 instead of going in chunks of 10 from 0-100 since you could only color per character basis.
    Yeah, that's why I asked previously if this process could function using dingbat fonts

http://www.dafont.com/serangkaian-pattern.font

That one could maybe look pretty cool too!

Hehe, many thanks to Treeston who spent quite a time answering my questions on IRC and zorker which made the basic setup with scrollframes - i just took these and adding the suggestions from Ish i got that result.

Anyway yes, everything you see there is a font. The bad part is that all the good looking ones are not truetype - good part is that there are a lot of converters around Now i'm trying to make the text strings more "animated"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    we need to find a dingbat font or something that has heart symbols in it so we can make a Zelda Ui!
    Like these??? http://www.dafont.com/heart-shapes.font

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah ........... lower case "r" or "t" imo! or "R" & "T" if the capitals have to be used instead

Hehe, many thanks to Treeston who spent quite a time answering my questions on IRC and zorker which made the basic setup with scrollframes - i just took these and adding the suggestions from Ish i got that result.

Anyway yes, everything you see there is a font. The bad part is that all the good looking ones are not truetype - good part is that there are a lot of converters around Now i'm trying to make the text strings more "animated"

- - - Updated - - -

Like these??? http://www.dafont.com/heart-shapes.font

XD
    Actually I think wow does support OpenType fonts.
    At least adding one manually to shared media through SharedMedia_MyMedia did work, and was usable in-game.
    I got one working with an entry like this.
    Code:
    LSM:Register("font", "Prime Regular", [[Interface\Addons\SharedMedia_MyMedia\font\Prime Regular.otf]])
    Will have to try it with more fonts.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-10-24 at 09:06 PM.

Well, this is unexpected - i tried to put the original otf file and didn't load, converted into ttf and ti worked.

Could have possibly been my fault not restarting the game when i added the new file.

Deleted
    Well, this is unexpected - i tried to put the original otf file and didn't load, converted into ttf and ti worked.

Could have possibly been my fault not restarting the game when i added the new file.
    I've had troubles with .otf and SharedMedia before. But I don't know if I was doing it correctly either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Yeah ........... lower case "r" or "t" imo! or "R" & "T" if the capitals have to be used instead
    "T" looks best. You could perhaps use "t" as an outline?

Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    "T" looks best. You could perhaps use "t" as an outline?
    Can try. That would require basically not two strings but 4 ("TTTTT" for red filling, with a "ttttt" white overlapped; then the same for back text); the only problem would be correct font placement, but i assume that if we use the same font through all the strings and more importantly the same characters, it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: i didn't try anymore with .otf files; there are many online free converter so i can get my .ttf and it looks the same.

EDIT2: i'm experimenting with non-fixed character strings. Scrollframes still work, but since they need to be of absolute dimensions, it's very likely i'm forced to use a vertical scrolling since the width of the font string changes, but not the height.

EDIT3: it's been a long time, but my first UI used this font. Definitely getting my hands back on it.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-25 at 04:45 AM.

The reason I went with an OTF file was for the sake of a license where I am not to modify the original.
    If a font was ever something to be distributed as part of an addon or compilation, that would be more of an issue than simply experimenting on it yourself.
    After having seen media removed from other compilations or addons due to licensing issues, I thought I would try to avoid that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-10-25 at 06:46 AM.

Didn't know that. Well, i will keep an eye on it, hoping for .otf file working.

EDIT: the font i'm using is under GPL/OFL license, which lets me do that - still distributing it could be possibly a problem. Very likely going to ditribute the addon with the free font i'm using (homespun) and then people can just download the font they like and change it.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-25 at 08:21 AM.

Cold. I tried your ii an I love it. I just cant seem to get the bars to show. I enabled mouseover but nothing. Any idea?

Deleted

Finally got around to getting myself a square minimap. Still some things left to work on when one day I get the will to.

Quote Originally Posted by veroxify View Post
    Cold. I tried your ii an I love it. I just cant seem to get the bars to show. I enabled mouseover but nothing. Any idea?
    First time you use it the db has to load - just do /bm and click on the red buttons so the bar appear. Then /bl to lock in place.

You can also do a /ch so you have a list of commands always available