Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Sooo, everything then? lol

everyone go get oPie
    But then what do I do with all my new keybindings? Ever think of that?

Well I got rid of all the misc buttons on the side, but warriors aren't such a laidback class as most so it didn't really help me get rid of my main 30buttons, the need for new keybindings is offputting as well like shredster said
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2013-12-17 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    For the love of everything cute and fluffy, I wish Blizzard would implement oPie functions directly into the game so everyone would know about it. It is hands down one of my favorite wow addons ever. Everyone go get it. Stop reading this. Go get it.

On another note, your Ui is incredibly well organized, great job.

<3
    Ish

everyone go get oPie
    Opie is absolutely the best thing ever. Here's all the shit I use it for (to convince you incase you are still skeptical)
    - raid markers, world markers
    - mounts
    - stances (warrior, hunter, paladin, death knight, druid)
    - shaman weapon enchants & shields
    - warlock portal, gateway, raid buff, healthstone thingy, demons
    - hunter pets, revive pet, trap launcher toggle
    - random dk spells like death gate, path of frost, runeforging etc
    - paladin raid buffs, res

You can put just about anything into one of the rings. Spells, pets, items, pokemans, macros, equipment sets, addon minimap shortcuts and even other rings! GO GET IT.

PS. Thanks for the kind words Ishtara!

The one thing I don't like is how you need another bind to go into nested rings, if it was possible to just go in them automatically I would use it but I'm short on available bindings as it is.

You should make tons of macros that use modifiers. It won't reduce the number of keybinds you use but it will at least cut down the number of ones you need displayed, giving you space for a less clunkier UI (not that yours is clunky).
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2013-12-18 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    You should make tons of macros that use modifiers. It won't reduce the number of keybinds you use but it will at least cut down the number of ones you need displayed, giving you space for a less clunkier UI (not that yours is clucky).
    If they are simply use x ability or y ability, then why not keybind them.
    You end up with exactly the same result, two different binds but without the macro requirement.
    Look for alternative displays that remove the need to see the bars.
    Something like TellMeWhen if you like the bar/icon format.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

What he means is merging keybinds into one slot, and yeah its a great idea. Instead of having 2 buttons for 1 and shift-1 binds you merge them into one bind. If you track cooldowns separately this doesn't pose an issue but you still have to get used to it. If I get down to standardizing my binds so they aren't so random I'll do it. For cooldown tracking etc i use weakauras so its not a problem.
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2013-12-18 at 12:58 AM.

Buttons are horrible for tracking cooldowns, even with the addition of OmniCC or others.
    You will end up with a lot you don't need to see, making tracking the important stuff way harder.
    Binding them all, hiding them, and then with an addon tracking more selectively will be far more readable and offers better prioritisation and organisation.

What about the limited number of macro slots ?
    Macros should ideally be reserved when a Macro is going to add something better.
    I went along the route you suggested, and am in the process of moving out of it.
    You made a point about reducing the numbers you will be seeing, and yet your whole idea contradicts that since you WILL be seeing stuff you don't need to see.
    By trying to put multiple abilities on a button you wlll end up with some buttons which have a mixture of cooldowns or non-cooldowns or even varying cooldowns.
    How do you track multiple different abilities on a single button ? Press a modifier to change which timer is displayed at a given time ? That is just messy.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

He's already tracking them with weakauras so it doesn't matter what abilities are combined. I just assumed he has some underlying reason to keep his bars visible and wanted to keep it that way. Just trying to minimalize without forcing him to completely change it all. I'll be quiet now : (

How do you track multiple different abilities on a single button ? Press a modifier to change which timer is displayed at a given time ? That is just messy.
    Or you can be smart. like me. just beacuse you're bidning 2 things into 1 doesnt mean both has to be CD based. take me for example.

I got Rushing jade wind (a CD) binded on shift E. on E i got tiger palm. which is a free no cd ability. perect to add together.

same goes with dizzying haze + crackling jade lightning binded into same.

Basically bind a cd ability with a non cd (aka only uses a global cd).

so no its not messy if you just think smart
    Progress, 13/13 top 0.7% | Achievements, top 1.1%
    Warrior | Death Knight | Shaman | Paladin | Mage
    Twitch | Diablo3 profile

I felt it was more intuitive if you bind related abilities on different modifiers of the same button, but if it makes sense for you then go ahead.
    Still somewhat limiting.

A very important thing to do with your keybinds is to arrange them such that you can't accidentally hit a very wrong ability. You want it so that if you fat-finger a key and hit the one next to it, it's not a catastrophe. This also applies to shift modifiers of the same key.

PS - someone post a UI, quick, so this doesn't veer too far off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I felt it was more intuitive if you bind related abilities on different modifiers of the same button, but if it makes sense for you then go ahead.
    Still somewhat limiting.
    This is true if you are learning to play a new character, but for someone who's played the same class for years and is used to binds from before some abilities were even in the game this is much harder. Another thing to consider is that there are some abilities that you very rarely use like vigilance for example as a dps. In this case having a dedicated weak aura would get in the way more than simply having another button your bars would. In any case theres no one solution and the point of this discussion is to explore and find the right one for you (or me in this case).

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Still somewhat limiting.
    im sorry but what exactly is so limiting with it?

This is my UI - http://i.imgur.com/BZzvnSf.jpg
    UI with WA UP - http://i.imgur.com/bxVncmy.jpg

i got 12 bindings visible. within these 12 i have another 24 in total (12x with Shift mod, 12x with ctrl) and then 8x with bindings of some odder kind but is no reason to have visible since i know how to use those abilities/not even useful inside combat

thats 12+12+12+8=44 keybinds. 36 of those are a baseline of 1-2-3-4-5-q-e-mouse button 1. mouse button 2, w, §, f

everything but the 12 visible is tracked via Weak auras or does not have a cd.

NOW: if i know my bindings. what to press and when. why would i show 44+ buttons when 12 is more than enough?
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-12-18 at 12:35 PM.
    Progress, 13/13 top 0.7% | Achievements, top 1.1%
    Warrior | Death Knight | Shaman | Paladin | Mage
    Twitch | Diablo3 profile

I jsut started playing last month so my skills are not that great but here's my UI. Still needs to figure out how to create external addons for ElvUI, got the code needed but can't seem to make it load over ElvUI. Everything is ElvUI (with RothUI textures, they are amazing, period).

And need to set up WeakAuras, wich seems quite complicated for a beginner ^^

Since I'm not 90 yet, haven't got the time to customize Raid Frames, any critics, positive or negative (especially negatives one) are welcome

image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/51/1387376177-wowscrnshot-121813-150629.jpg

[not allowed to post links, yet!]
    Last edited by KhiosBe; 2013-12-18 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    NOW: if i know my bindings. what to press and when. why would i show 44+ buttons when 12 is more than enough?
    I never said anything about showing 44 buttons, but since this discussion is going nowhere i'll end my input on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by KhiosBe View Post
    I jsut started playing last month so my skills are not that great but here's my UI. Still needs to figure out how to create external addons for ElvUI, got the code needed but can't seem to make it load over ElvUI. Everything is ElvUI (with RothUI textures, they are amazing, period).

And need to set up WeakAuras, wich seems quite complicated for a beginner ^^

Since I'm not 90 yet, haven't got the time to customize Raid Frames, any critics, positive or negative (especially negatives one) are welcome

image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/51/1387376177-wowscrnshot-121813-150629.jpg

[not allowed to post links, yet!]
    Well, welcome to the wonderful world of tinkering with ones UI! The UI looks quite alright actually, and I agree with you, Zork has created some killer textures. I really like your minimalistic approach. I personally feel that your UI would look a lot better without the datatexts, I get that they're functional (I use them myself), but I don't really like the way they pop out at you. But good job!

http://i.imgur.com/utsWNag.jpg

I'm using MayronUI, but I replaced a bunch of his addons. AuraFrame replaced with Raven, Bagnon with Cargbags, added ShieldTracker (not pictured) and a weakaura for tank cloak procs. This screenshot was taken minutes before Thok's first death to our guild (got Siegecrafter and Paragons last night too!).

My main motivation for changing the buff addon is due to the limitations of AF. I couldn't set a focus bar, ToT or anything. With Raven I'm able to see my offtank's stacks in real time. I also make my debuffs larger and vertical so they're front and center.

Next step for me is to add more than boss debuffs to the focus frame, and external cooldowns to my shortbuffs frame, right now I only having it showing my short buffs, weapon procs, enrages, etc. Also going to edit those shown down below out of the main buff frame.

Keyboard Turner
    Hello peoples!
    Been a spectator to this thread for years. I've always wanted to see what people thought of my ui!

tinypic.com/r/259c1uw/5

http://i.imgur.com/Js1LZLc.jpg

Costum self made ui ^.^
    --- Intel Core I7 990x @ 4.5GHZ, Corsair XMS 12 gigs ram ddr3 tripple channel, EVGA GTX690, Intel SSD 80gb, 2x WD 3TB Hdds, tagan 1300W PSU, Asus P6T Deluxe, Thermaltake Armor+ case. ---