Thread: Post Your UI

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    I posted without realizing that there was a whole page of posts after that one lol. Looks like you have your clock figured out for now. Also, definitely ditch elv :P
    I've been thinking of doing that as well. Seeing how I don't currently raid anymore, got tired of looking for a heroic guild after mine disbanded. It's hard finding a guild you mesh with, get along with people, etc.

It's just so much easier to use elvui though. I'm going to try though. I'm looking into OUF or STUF.

Drayarr! You have no idea what that means to me! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementally View Post
    Drayarr! You have no idea what that means to me! Thank you so much!
    You're welcome :P

I must say its working well for my little monk alt. Probably make some minor tweaks here and there to make it fit but its pretty damn good. Thanks for the idea

Might need some tweeks here and there but overall i'm very happy with it.

The orb shines in black and white when the health downs, like the effect in GW2

Last edited by axlkix; 2014-01-24 at 03:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sataraism View Post
    <snip>
    Might need some tweeks here and there but overall i'm very happy with it.
    Rehosted this on imgur for people that want to see full size without clicking 6 times or so: http://i.imgur.com/i6kbb7y.jpg

It's not bad, but you need to fix your fonts. Sizes, outlines, positions, or shadows are not consistent across the entire UI and it drags the quality down a lot.
    You should also consider hiding your minimap buttons.

Also, while a matter of preference, since your unitframes are really big I'd consider using a taller font like Semplice if you want to keep with pixelfonts or a condensed sans serif font. I've always found it awkward to have really small fonts on big elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Rehosted this on imgur for people that want to see full size without clicking 6 times or so: http://i.imgur.com/i6kbb7y.jpg

It's not bad, but you need to fix your fonts. Sizes, outlines, positions, or shadows are not consistent across the entire UI and it drags the quality down a lot.
    You should also consider hiding your minimap buttons.

Also, while a matter of preference, since your unitframes are really big I'd consider using a taller font like Semplice if you want to keep with pixelfonts or a condensed sans serif font. I've always found it awkward to have really small fonts on big elements.
    I'm only using two types of fonts, one is for chatt and tooltip because its way more clean that way, and the other for everything else, the same size outlined. Maybe U havent had a closer look=). I prefer small fonts on big frames because I tend to use weak auras for some ablities in it which unfortunately cant be showed on this image. That way the size of font is not covering the aura.

I'm only using two types of fonts, one is for chatt and tooltip because its way more clean that way, and the other for everything else, the same size outlined. Maybe U havent had a closer look=).
    It's not mainly the font types he's referring to, but the font styles. Take a closer look at these things:

Sans serif fonts:
    Chat: Bottom right font shadow, no outline.
    Tooltip: No shadow, no outline.
    OmniCC: No shadow, thin outline.
    Quest watch frame: Bottom right shadow, no outline.
    Threat bar: Bottom right shadow, no outline.

Pixel fonts:
    Combat text: No shadow, no outline.
    Boss mod texts: No shadow, monochrome outline.
    Cast bar: Bottom right shadow, monochrome outline.
    Unit frames: Top right shadow, monochrome outline.
    Healing text on UFs: Bottom right shadow, no outline.
    Weak Auras: No shadow, monochrome outline.
    Data texts: No shadow, no outline.
    Buff bar: Top right shadow, no outline.

Also note that timers made by OmniCC and WA are mixed together although using a different font.

Using different fonts is fine as long as it's not too many types and there's a clear way of dividing them. Sans serif for chat, quest watch frame and tooltips and then pixel for rest is fine but you still have some additional mix with the icon timers and since the threat bar is made with the same design as data texts they should also use the same font. As with font styles I'd use monochrome with no shadow for pixel fonts and thin outline with consistent shadow (shadow on all or none and if using shadow make them all directed the same way) for sans serif fonts.

Erm, u guys are pushing this far too much. I'm not using omni cc, all u can see there is Elvui with weak auras with ONLY two fonts. I regret posting my ui.

Erm, u guys are pushing this far too much. I'm not using omni cc, all u can see there is Elvui with weak auras with ONLY two fonts. I regret posting my ui.
    Omni CC is the cool down text on your action bars and some other areas. This is baked into ElvUI.

As for your UI, I like it. Do you? That's all that matters. I wouldn't take the font comments to heart and I believe the suggestions were only made in an effort to improve upon the UI and not bash it.

Deleted
    The only thing I'd suggest is putting a border on your combat text font, since it seems it kinda blends out in the rest of the environment without it, kinda rendering it pointless to have shown if you can't really tell what it says.
    Otherwise I really like your UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The only thing I'd suggest is putting a border on your combat text font, since it seems it kinda blends out in the rest of the environment without it, kinda rendering it pointless to have shown if you can't really tell what it says.
    Otherwise I really like your UI.
    Oh right, i totaly forgot about that, normaly i would go with normal floating combat text. I gave it a try a few days ago and didnt set to outline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post

Havent played for 1 year, but came back a week ago, and using this for now.
    Whats that UI

Deleted
    Long time lurker, first time posting.

For the last two expansions I've been using the default UI mostly, and previously used a heavily customised oUF based UI. Started working on a new UI.

Unit Frames WIP

cl.ly/image/3p1e1R43132d (Cannot post links yet).

Inspired by Skullflower's unit frames. They're mostly a work in progress, not finalised what strings I want for the HP/PP/Names yet (I will be hiding my characters name, and possibly HP values on pet/targettarget ). Mainly looking for some more inspiration for positioning and formatting.
    Last edited by mmocdcefebf9bb; 2014-01-24 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Typo

As a melee or tank I'd highly recommend overlapping either your power or name with your cast bar. It saves a lot of space for an element rarely used. In my UI I actually use a very small (2-3 pixel tall) line that covers up my power bar for my cast bar.

You can see it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215015.jpg (black bar with blue progress and white for latency on my player frame)

I also went a step further and covered my targets whole frame with a cast bar (bland/grey when non-int, bright color when interruptable) as it draws my immediate attention. That's more a preference for me specifically though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rippie View Post
    Snip.
    Another Cloud user! Great app. I like the detached power bar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iuris View Post
    Another Cloud user! Great app. I like the detached power bar.
    I kinda liked the detached power bar, it came about with testing the gap between the HP and power, and the detached look kinda stuck!

http://i.imgur.com/nOkyNka.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/k1FqVYc.jpg

Edited Elvui, with Clampys WeakAuras customized to my liking. Works great, no issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    As a melee or tank I'd highly recommend overlapping either your power or name with your cast bar. It saves a lot of space for an element rarely used. In my UI I actually use a very small (2-3 pixel tall) line that covers up my power bar for my cast bar.

You can see it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215015.jpg (black bar with blue progress and white for latency on my player frame)

I also went a step further and covered my targets whole frame with a cast bar (bland/grey when non-int, bright color when interruptable) as it draws my immediate attention. That's more a preference for me specifically though.
    tbh, this is just pure genious, and i've tried doing this through elv ui, but some elements always show on top of others, eg the name on target shows infront of cast bar, and my power bar is completely covering my cast bar :< thus:

any hints?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus Rex View Post
    snip
    Can you edit or add custom LUA to Elv for text etc? I did the same with Stuf and made it so the targets name is the spell text.