Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    I could but it would overwrite all their existing auras. It would also add in the extra 1500 auras I have for the other classes that some people don't want.
    True, however there are players like myself that don't have any existing auras, if you could take the time to upload it I myself would highly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    I could but it would overwrite all their existing auras. It would also add in the extra 1500 auras I have for the other classes that some people don't want.
    I think this is very well worth it and I would absolutely LOVE it if you decided to go through with it.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Question: Does anyone have any experience with portraits in stuf? I tried to add a border but the right and bottom sides of the portrait seem to cover up the border half the time. Sometimes the border is ok and other times, the portrait animates and moves over the border. I tried to get around this by using the frame border instead of the portrait border but the same issue exists. I can't find where in the Stuf code, the settings for the portraits are either.
    I've had trouble with stuf's portrait as well; the portrait itself goes over the specified dimensions by 1px on the bottom and right sides. You can use one of the texts and make it just a backdrop texture with a fixed size instead of using the portrait's backdrop.

Well in the meantime, I shaved it down to only have the DK stuff and uploaded it to wowinterface. After having to clean up the rest, I don't recommend having them all. Its a pain in the ass when you open up the config window and have to wait a whole minute or so for them to load up. And if you ever needed to change anything, you wouldn't even know where to start. I was sloppy and left little bits and pieces of unfinished auras everywhere.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=22856

Just keep in mind, this will only work for people that don't have existing auras, or don't mind wiping them all out. I guess if you don't have that many, or they aren't that complex, you could just export and re-import them after. But that's if you REALLY wanted the DK stuff. I recommend this method for now.

If you need to move things around to adjust it for your own unitframes, here's how you should go about it. Once you open up weakauras. Click on the group aura name. A gray box will appear around all the assets attached. Hold Left-click anywhere inside the box until you see coordinates above the gray box and just drag it where ever it needs to go. DON'T try to move stuff by manually setting the x and y values. WA is retarded and will think you want to set those same coordinates for every asset in the group, as opposed to the group as a whole. Resizing stuff is more of a hassle and you would need to adjust each one individually.

I'll think of something for those that want to keep their own auras. Maybe theres an alternative if someone can clarify what the Export to Lua Table function does. I'll post in the ask it! thread and see what pops.

Remember to back up your stuff beforehand, like always.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-05-18 at 05:24 AM.

Mr Dandruff: I have been messing with wow model viewer as of late. Every once in a while, I'm stumble upon something that I like in the model viewer but when I try to put that model in an aura, I get nada. (see Battlestance_impact_head.m2) What gives?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Got bored with my old layout, going with this for a while..

New -- http://i5.minus.com/ib2gpxBeAX7nMQ.jpg

Old -- http://i4.minus.com/iGmOjU4VwheB0.jpg
    What are the numbers/letters for that shade of blue? Loving that color.

Also what fonts are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    What are the numbers/letters for that shade of blue? Loving that color.

Also what fonts are you using?
    ["r"] = 0.1019607843137255,
    ["g"] = 0.4117647058823529,
    ["b"] = 0.6941176470588235,

or

1a69b1

or

26, 105, 177

The font is Accidental Presidency.

Slightly more satisfied with this one. Will have to play around some more first.
    I really like both for different reasons, although Im not sure about that combat text, or its positioning. Is it really that important to have combat text within eye range in PvP? Personally I just have a GCD indicator so I know the spell/ability I have just hit actually registered.

But the UIs look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    I really like both for different reasons, although Im not sure about that combat text, or its positioning. Is it really that important to have combat text within eye range in PvP? Personally I just have a GCD indicator so I know the spell/ability I have just hit actually registered.

But the UIs look really good.
    I was thinking about this and really, the only time I look at the combat text is when I need to make sure my position is good for sweeping strikes' cleave to register. For instance, I ported the ui to my hunter and probably didn't look at it once all night during the alt raid. I tried using msbt instead with a frame just to show the cleaves but that just feels weird and empty :X Not quite sure what to do lol (open to suggestions!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Got bored with my old layout, going with this for a while..

New -- http://i5.minus.com/ib2gpxBeAX7nMQ.jpg

Old -- http://i4.minus.com/iGmOjU4VwheB0.jpg
    Could you list the addons used in the new one?

I was thinking about this and really, the only time I look at the combat text is when I need to make sure my position is good for sweeping strikes' cleave to register. For instance, I ported the ui to my hunter and probably didn't look at it once all night during the alt raid. I tried using msbt instead with a frame just to show the cleaves but that just feels weird and empty :X Not quite sure what to do lol (open to suggestions!)
    I must admit I do like to see numbers fly across the screen, especially when AOE damaging or healing, which is why I stick with the default combat text (albeit with a better font). I know, it serves no purpose and MSBT etc are better for screen real estate but having a nice neat line of numbers is nothing compared to the visceral recognition of seeing a shit load of numbers on screen depicting your awesomeness.....!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    I must admit I do like to see numbers fly across the screen, especially when AOE damaging or healing, which is why I stick with the default combat text (albeit with a better font). I know, it serves no purpose and MSBT etc are better for screen real estate but having a nice neat line of numbers is nothing compared to the visceral recognition of seeing a shit load of numbers on screen depicting your awesomeness.....!
    I agree. I don't use floating combat text (or scrolling combat text except for misses/immunes) on my main for "raiding efficiency," but I generally enable floating combat text on my alts for the fun of lots of numbers "blooming."

I don't think using either is a terrible idea even if you're a heroic raider, but I just don't find it useful in terms of changing my behavior/making decisions (maybe if I played a fire mage, I'd want to see crits) so my philosophy is generally to cut things that I don't need to know to make decisions in combat.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Yeah I've said exactly that before, hell I even used the same word (visceral). I decided to play Arms for the last 2 weeks and covering my screen in deep wounds ticks, sweeping strikes and bladestorm damage is pretty annoying though lol. I think, ideally, I'd use floating combat text with some kind of filter to weed out the little ticks and then some kind of scrolling text for the events that I want to pay attention to. Will have to mess with settings some more and see if it's even possible to have both. Either way though, it's not particularly impactful on my performance.

If only Blizzard would open their API to allow changes to the default combat text (if this is even possible). If they did I might not have quite so many floating numbers, but I would still have some as even now sub-consciously I note how many people my aoe heals hit and who in range as a result so linking the number to the individual as opposed to having it as a random list does have some use other than aesthetics for me.

Anyway, bit off topic here

I use xCT to keep the essence of the default combat text whilst cleaning it up a bunch. Damage taken on the left, healing taken on the right, any important events above. Simple enough:

i4.minus.com/iYnSTiBKA3Hay.png

Though i've turned it off, I think it has simple strings to customise combat text for damage done. You could potentially mess around with it to do the above.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually now I think about it, it comes with a 'spam merger' right out of the box:

Quote Originally Posted by xCT on wowinterface
    xCT has a nice spam merger, so damage from your AOE spell is displayed like 100500 [Gouge Icon] x20 instead of 20 lines of spammy sh*t. Same for healing spells.
    Last edited by modernist; 2014-05-19 at 05:12 PM.

I was complaining about the spam you see when you don't use an addon; the 2 videos I posted above both feature xct :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    Could you list the addons used in the new one?
    the visible/main ones are:

ElvUI
    Weakauras
    Bigwigs
    xct+
    Skada
    hermes
    quse map
    lyn stats
    trufigcd
    tiptac

I will come to WOW and make my WoW UI like it was in RIFT

My Rift UI

My WOW UI
    Last edited by Lifeismystery; 2014-05-20 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    About a month ago I posted some screenshots of a UI that I was working on, but I had to abandon that little project due to my old computer dying on me.

I decided to scrap the old one completely, but since the servers are down currently, I made a quick mock-up in photoshop.
    I'm hoping to make it look like this in-game:

The red lines with text on one end of them is there just to show some information about what you're looking at.

Also, don't mind the screenshots showing Orgrimmar on the minimap. I copied the minimap from another screenshot.
    In the first picture the target frame is a lot further down than it should be, I forgot to fix that.

Would love to hear some feedback on how I could improve it.
    I'm thinking about putting boss timers below the target frame, quite wide and high just so I can tell what's about to happen with a quick glance.
    I haven't really decided where to put scrolling combat text, since I would really like to have that displayed somewhere on the screen.
    Last edited by mmoce4be3bec3f; 2014-05-21 at 02:37 AM.