Thread: Post Your UI

Here's mine, very much inspired by my fav ui ever. Quse ui. Basicaly I've tried to recreate it as best I can since he stopped supporting it a while ago. Also tried lyns unitframe layout and I really like how it turned out. I haven't gotten around to creating raid frames yet.

Clean : i.imgur.com/ElkRWh1.jpg
    Combat : i.imgur.com/k7ksMJB.jpg
    Party : i.imgur.com/sV1VWcm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Madstrike View Post
    Anyway, that convo on the second pic, are you talking about filtering specific buffs/debuffs? I know that ouf_Lumen did that with CustomFilters but that code is old so not sure if it still works. Might be worth looking at it for an idea.
    Nah, was talking about how to add Anticipation stacks to my combo point display .. so I have 5 orange and 5 grey cp.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiria View Post
    Here's mine, very much inspired by my fav ui ever. Quse ui. Basicaly I've tried to recreate it as best I can since he stopped supporting it a while ago. Also tried lyns unitframe layout and I really like how it turned out. I haven't gotten around to creating raid frames yet.

At first I thought the power bar was next to the name .. that would look so cool - but then I saw that was the ToT
    I like the bright colors on your UFs. I have a thing for that. Also, the ep bar below the minimap is a nice thing.

Yes, a shame she stopped playing. :/
    Last edited by Lyn; 2014-08-11 at 11:28 AM.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Nah, was talking about how to add Anticipation stacks to my combo point display .. so I have 5 orange and 5 grey cp.
    I'm going to assume that's something for rogues cause i got no idea what you're talking about

I'm going to assume that's something for rogues cause i got no idea what you're talking about
    Yep, Anticipation is one of the 90 talents.
    oh, honey.

Yep, Anticipation is one of the 90 talents.
    So it's a passive and not an actual buff?

Hmm, i think you'll have to 'hardcode' it on your layout then. IIRC, Zork usually has a general config file and then another for specific characters on his UIs.

You could put a flag there like

Code:
     if playerName === 'Lyn' then
      renderAnticipation = true

And then on your combo points draw function something like

Code:
     if renderAnticipation then
      renderComboPointsWithAnticipation
     else
      renderComboPoints

p.s: my LUA knowledge is quite limited so that idea might just be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Good point. How about this?

I think the square combo looks much better, looking forward to seeing a full layout

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destiria View Post

I used QuseUI from Dragonsoul to the middle of MoP..I miss the older versions of his/her (not sure which) layout

Good point. How about this?

This is quite lovely The bright white line around the combo points is throwing me off a bit, as well as the flat texture on the health and power bars, but the composition is great...can't wait to see the rest :P

Agreed with the above comments. The rectangles work much better, but the white and texture are throwing me a bit (though I think I'd prefer to apply a simple texture to the unit frames rather than making them all flat). Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Replaced oUF_Skaarj with my own rework of oUF_Lyn, still a lot of WIP, but yeah.

1) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...014_174256.jpg
    2) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...014_110300.jpg

- The blue dot on the power bar means I am in a resting zone, I also have one red dot for in combat status and one greenish for being pvp flagged.
    - The yellow line on the right side of the power bar is the difficulty bar, means it colors grey, green, yellow or red. Based on the level difference between you and the target.
    - The raid frames already changed a bit, I repositioned the raid icons a bit. Same for the size of the party leader icon.
    - Also, I removed the percent hp on the ToT frame, because who the hell cares about text on the ToT frame.

And I hate so much, that you can't make a font size bigger than 38 ...
    I feel like the power bars could all be the same color. With the detailed textures and the healthbars all being different colors, making the powerbars the same color could unify things a little.
    I like the idea of the resting/combat/pvp icons as well as the difficulty indicator. I don't love the current placement of all of them atm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    I feel like the power bars could all be the same color. With the detailed textures and the healthbars all being different colors, making the powerbars the same color could unify things a little.
    I like the idea of the resting/combat/pvp icons as well as the difficulty indicator. I don't love the current placement of all of them atm though.
    I'll try that out with the coloring.

Where would you put the indicators? I am still not sure where to put them.
    oh, honey.

So it's a passive and not an actual buff?

Anticipation the spell is a passive. There's also Anticipation the buff which gets applied in stacks to the player, from the player, as you accumulate Anticipation charges. So to get the current amount of Anticipation charges, you would query UnitAura and check the amount of stacks you have. Eg,

Code:
    local anticip_charges = (select(4,UnitAura('player','Anticipation'))) or 0

The relevant event to listen for to figure for when these charges are applied, removed is CLEU, sub-events SPELL_AURA_*, for which the source and destination are both `player` and the spellname is 'Anticipation'.

Yeah, got that sorted out .. I now have only a visual problem on the frames. But, sadly, beta is down so I can't work on it.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Some more adjustments done. I might still be changing the aura frames a bit, but here's a full screenshot:

(If you were expecting that to be very different from the cropped screenshots: Hi, I'm Constie.)

I don't think I agree about the bar textures. I've been trying out different ones, and I'm finding that anything less flat stands out too much and/or is too much less readable (like, look at this). I don't really want them to "pop" very much; hence the muted colors.

(Also, credit to shanthi for getting me to think about colors and the combo point frame positioning.)
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2014-08-11 at 08:23 PM.

I don't think I agree about the bar textures. I've been trying out different ones, and I'm finding that anything less flat stands out too much and/or is too much less readable (like, look at this). I don't really want them to "pop" very much; hence the muted colors.
    Good, i agree with this too. I think at most you could maybe introduce a very subtle gradient on either side of the sb - but really it looks good as is.

Really though? That texture example is the extreme opposite of flat. I am sure you could find one closer to flat but not 100% flat.

*edit*
    try Ish15
    Last edited by Ishtara; 2014-08-11 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Really though? That texture example is the extreme opposite of flat. I am sure you could find one closer to flat but not 100% flat.

*edit*
    try Ish15
    I've tried just about every bar texture I have, including that one, so I'm afraid we're going to have to agree to disagree here.

Also, it might be harder to notice if you don't already know about it, but only the power bar texture is completely flat, which to my eyes makes the gradient on the player health bar stand out just the right amount.

Some more adjustments done. I might still be changing the aura frames a bit, but here's a full screenshot:

*snip*

Dig it! I agree with you about the bar textures, I think the one on the target health bar is more than enough to add to it, and anything more will definitely take away from that gorgeous frame you have. That being said I don't know if I can get behind your colour pallete- The yellow looks a touch too green.

Top one is yours just to show the green-ness I'm seeing @_@ End of the day though colours are more preference since you're the one that'll be staring at it right ; )?

Regarless, love it.
    -paese

P.S: if only those objective buttons were skinned :>

Edit: It dawned on me that I think the reason I'm seeing them so green might be because of the objective buttons O_o
    Last edited by PinkSquare; 2014-08-12 at 12:26 AM. Reason: epiphany?

Elemental shaman so far, not too excited about it though. Criticism appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Elemental shaman so far, not too excited about it though. Criticism appreciated!
    What exactly do the 3 WA stuffs show? Looks quite awesome, btw.

@ Ishtara
    I asked you something on the last page, maybe you can say something about this.
    oh, honey.