Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Hedshodd View Post
    Please do I just noticed: You have two buff bars on the top left and right respectively. Did you do that on purpose, or is it just not 'completed' in that regard?^^ And is the minimap not included yet because you're still working on the art?^^ Love your work tho, can't wait for the beta release
    Thanks.

The right buffs are target buffs, which has a limited use in Healing PvE but is more useful for other things (PvP etc). I have myself targeted in that screenshot.
    The minimap is hidden. I don't find it that useful in a 3rd person game, especially when you spend a lot of the game zoomed out. When it is showing it's pretty close above the target frame, cos i figure if you're lost, you're lost :-)

One of the general concepts of the UI is to have a lot of elements able to be switched on and off with the buttons on the left and right of the main action bar. Currently the plan is to have buttons to toggle: the minimap, skada, all chat frames (I'm antisocial sometimes, I admit it), a huge trade channel panel (very useful on high population servers), and enlarged pet frame, and Raid Frame profile switching, and also toggling a panel with all the action bars with keybinds on them (which you have hidden when playing).

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    @Kaitain - Do you have a screenshot of it being used in-raid? Just curious to see how much real estate the raid frames take up and where you have the located at.
    No screenshots yet, the raid frames are what I'm working on at the moment. I'm using Grid because I like it. The screenshot posted is healer mode and with frames that size the space below will accomodate up to 25man (I think). for 40man they will be vertically smaller but I'm fine with that because there isn't really any serious 40man content. When DPS/Tanking the raid frames go over to be a column on the right of the screen and the space on the middle is for more elaborate DPS bars and timers and stuff.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-10-29 at 01:39 PM.

Had to redo my bars.. had to add alittle more.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    What texture/fonts are you using? I really like that!
    Texture is called HalM and font is cm sans serif 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Aviel Menter View Post
    I tried the alternate suggested fonts, but I did not like Protoype, and while Accidental Presidency was nice, it was so thin as to be nearly unreadable.
    Oh ok, it just your text seems like unsynced and pixelated and it's emphasizes when you outline it :P
    Last edited by sonikmlg; 2014-10-29 at 04:18 PM.
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    Had to redo my bars.. had to add alittle more.. :P

i really like this. Simple easy to understand, and tells important information adding just enough artsy fartsy to it. Im going to make a copy and theres nothing you can do about it! mwhaha just kidding - no it looks good im stealing it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sonikmlg View Post
    Oh ok, it just your text seems like unsynced and pixelated and it's emphasizes when you outline it :P
    What do you mean by "unsynced"?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My UI in action for those that want to see it. Made a couple of changes to the boss frames during the first encounter where I died. Skip halfway through to actually see action, not me dead.

I die a lot, I'm a warrior.

http://www.twitch.tv/carewow/c/5394536

tried a new link, a highlight of a Malk fight.
    Last edited by Hulari; 2014-10-29 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    My UI in action for those that want to see it. Made a couple of changes to the boss frames during the first encounter where I died. Skip halfway through to actually see action, not me dead.

http://www.twitch.tv/carewow/b/583226266
    Dead link for me

Here's my UI's current incarnation on Garrosh.

http://www.twitch.tv/arborus/c/5394234

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Here's my UI's current incarnation on Garrosh.

http://www.twitch.tv/arborus/c/5394234
    what addon or whatever are you using to get that talent thing ? when it shows you and items etc..?

It's kgPanels + WeakAuras and a script to realign all of the item icons.

what addon or whatever are you using to get that talent thing ? when it shows you and items etc..?
    If I had to quess, it's some basic style addon to make the actual Character panel backgroundless and behind that bunch of Weakauras.

E: beaten to it.

Wip

I really do like the simple UI, I always try to do a minimal UI however I always end up putting things back in.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post

http://www.twitch.tv/carewow/c/5394536

tried a new link, a highlight of a Malk fight.
    What nameplates are these?
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    What nameplates are these?
    Headline. 10char

Ever since I started using ElvUI I feel like I've been void from the UI-Game!
    This is what I'm rolling with at the moment, however I'm considering making something brand new in WoD. Seen a lot of nice new UIs on here recently, making me want to start from scratch!

I like it, very similar to my preferred layout and style.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    This is what I'm rolling with at the moment, however I'm considering making something brand new in WoD. Seen a lot of nice new UIs on here recently, making me want to start from scratch!

Beautiful! +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post

*cough* Using something very similar to that *cough*

10+ Year Old Account

This is my current UI setup in WoW when I am in combat.
    Last edited by Riaya; 2014-10-30 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    *cough* Using something very similar to that *cough*
    Ohai there Mr. Copycat! But I can't talk, as this UI is based heavily on Care's old stuff.
    This layout works perfectly in my opinion, which I think is the reason why I haven't changed anything in so long - don't fix what isn't broken!