Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's Skullflower. I'm just moving stuff around.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Try this .. "should" work for moving it.

GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton:ClearAllPoints()
    GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton:SetPoint( <your setpoint here> )
    GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton.SetPoint = function() end
    I'm having issues with new Objectives frame - it seems i cannot move it even using code like the above; it simply ignores it. Anyone that managed how to do that?

And thanks Lyn for the garrison button reference, will fix and maybe reskin it when i get home.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I like the idea of placing important buffs next to the portrait.
    Sadly, the font is ... not the best choice. Maybe you should try using your chat font on your UFs?
    Hmmm.. you think this is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm having issues with new Objectives frame - it seems i cannot move it even using code like the above; it simply ignores it. Anyone that managed how to do that?

And thanks Lyn for the garrison button reference, will fix and maybe reskin it when i get home.
    When I am home I could send you how I move my ObjectiveTracker... sadly, I can't recall it without looking at the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesiahh View Post
    Hmmm.. you think this is better?

In my opinion, it looks a lot better. But still, it's yours, so how you like it is more important. It was just a tip from my side.
    oh, honey.

Damn, priests - you guys have some gorgeous UIs, well done.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    How did you manage the Garrison button in ElvUI? Or did Skullflower move it?
    Wasn't this an added option in the last (or one of the newest) ElvUI build? Or maybe I've just dreamt that.
    Not at home to double check for myself but check tha changelog, might be there

aka maybenotquiteasheavy/torgerd

Deleted
    You if anyone should know that something doesn't have to be full of new stuff to look good.

Does oChat still work? I remember having issues with it when I installed it last year. Used to be my favorite chat addon too.
    That's not what I meant, I simply pointed out that the + [Item name thingy]has been around for years, so I just didn't get the sudden hype.

As for oChat, no idea since I haven't played for years. Don't know if Haste still plays and/or updates his addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    That's not what I meant, I simply pointed out that the + [Item name thingy]has been around for years, so I just didn't get the sudden hype.

As for oChat, no idea since I haven't played for years. Don't know if Haste still plays and/or updates his addons.
    Yeah fair enough, I've seen some addons take it a step further and consolidating it all in one line. I might give those a shot.

I know he updates oUF but that's about it. I don't know if he updates the others either.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

oChat still works if you update the .toc from the version on github.

And yeah, the string modification/condense has been around ages. I've used it in my own chat addon for a fair while but i think idChat first introduced it around WOTLK time.
    Last edited by modernist; 2014-11-24 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballzac View Post
    I'd love to get your UI man, really fond of the placement, and got back into wow from a 2 year+ break. Need to get started, but too much stuff to get into setting up a UI from scratch. Also playing a resto shammie, so can prolly make use of every addon.
    I have to warn you though, you will have to reposition most of the addons. The artwork and diablo orbs are the only things I can guarantee will stay in position, since I have manually anchored them to bottom center.

I can PM you a download link if you really want it, but it will need some work to set up on any other resolution than 2560x1440.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosa View Post
    I have to warn you though, you will have to reposition most of the addons. The artwork and diablo orbs are the only things I can guarantee will stay in position, since I have manually anchored them to bottom center.

I can PM you a download link if you really want it, but it will need some work to set up on any other resolution than 2560x1440.
    That would be awesome. Scaling and adjusting positions is cake, it's just the millions of options that I don't want to get started with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Update to my healer layout. Still working on a few WeakAuras to indicate CDs and what not.

How did you get your grid like that? I can't for the life of me figure out how, and the testing feature in grid is horrible so it sucks testing my way forward.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trim down and reposition elements so they're in a more convenient spot.

Some things that stick out to me:

* You have all of your buffs above your character frame, I feel like you should reserve that area for important, short duration buffs and otherwise filter out all of the generic raid buffs.
    This would not be a bad idea. It's worse than usual in a 40 man raid, but I'll take this into consideration.

* Do you really need to see ALL of the debuffs on your target instead of just yours?
    Not really, I suppose.

* Your player frames seem excessively wide.
    To be honest, I just like the way they look at that width.

* Incoming heals combat text doesn't seem useful. Why does it matter how much a spell healed you for?
    I'm a tank, so if my health is dropping, it is useful for me to see whether it's because I'm taking too much damage or getting insufficient healing.

* Threat meters seem obsolete. DPS will never pull aggro and precise threat, tps, etc. amounts seem like overkill otherwise.
    This is also probably true, I started tanking in TBC and old habits die hard. I do usually have omen hidden. Thank you for the advice, I'll take it into account.

I think what I also need is a way to get my bar closer to the center of the screen, because I'm often looking at my cooldowns, but every time I do things seem kind of messy. I think my layout right now looks very good, and is one of the best I've made, but it can sometimes be impractical.

It's VuhDo.
    How does it compare to Grid2?

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    How does it compare to Grid2?
    Vuhdo is a complete heal addon, where grid is frames...hard to compare. Healbot (something comparable) and vuhdo? I think vuhdo is superior once you have it set up. Customizing it can be daunting.

vague new unit frame idea.

looking for ideas on where these might best be positioned, tried a few things but something still feels a little 'off' in terms of an overall harmony. I'm also intending to draw some nice custom textures for these - the first idea actually being based on hearthstone cards.
    Last edited by modernist; 2014-11-24 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    I'm also intending to draw some nice custom textures for these - the first idea actually being based on hearthstone cards.
    I'd really like to see this.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Very cool Obble! The colors on the bars throw it off a bit for me though. They're very stark, atleast I think that's the word I'm looking for.

Are the portraits animated? Also using Hearthstone cards would be super cool I think.

15+ Year Old Account

Still tweaking things.

Can anyone recommend a quest log addon? I specifically want to clean up the ones I'm tracking.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us