Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    Now this is an UI I can get behind... Going to assume its custommade and personal tho

but its amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Azraele61 View Post
    Is that part of the minimap mod that put your menu bar next to the map Devorjak? If so what's the mod called, either way actually.
    It's a combination of Miirgui, Bartender and a custom KgPanels artwork.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Now this is an UI I can get behind... Going to assume its custommade and personal tho

but its amazing!
    Thank you! I appreciate interest. Yes, it is highly customized and I doubt others could use it like I do that is why I hesitate to release it.

Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    Very much a WIP. But I think it's comming along nicely. Nothing fancy, but I like it nonetheless.
    Planning on something similar to that idea myself, going for rather simpler unitframes and tracking bars much like Skullflower.
    Flat textures and simple borders.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aranduh View Post
    Thank you very much mate!

Some of the UI's here so nice x.x, this thread will never cease to be a source of inspiration for me

Anyway, not happy with Skada but I'm actually really happy with the rest right now. I've always been a fan of 2 key addons: Weakauras and ElvUI and I've decided to put a lot of effort in making a UI almost solely with them.

Overall aim is to keep everything in the bottom half of the screen so I can easily see what's going on in the raid. The UI is built exclusively for both boomkin + raiding but can easily be adapted for alts I suppose. Also it had to be done, Starfire/Wrath cast bars are different colours because I couldn't stand them being the same as everything else >_<

Standard Solo Combat:

Most stuff enabled in preview form:

Annotated for clarity on the Weakauras - http://i.imgur.com/uan8fs8.png
    EDIT, changed weakauras around for better readability: http://i.imgur.com/BheLxRd.png

font: rblocks but I'm open to better suggestions for a similar looking font.
    icons: Various from Dota 2 / Guild Wars 2. Still looking around for improvements for a couple
    bar texture: fer35
    Last edited by Akurenia; 2014-12-28 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Planning on something similar to that idea myself, going for rather simpler unitframes and tracking bars much like Skullflower.
    Flat textures and simple borders.
    Yeah.

Even if I do appreciate the effort some people are putting into their ui's, I often feel like they are nowhere near useful in the actual game.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy making fancy stuff (as fancy as I can that is ) in weakauras etc. But to do stuff for the heck of it and to do stuff to raid with is two different things for me atleast.
    I've never been able to play with tiny unit frames and so on. I just stop looking at them. I need something quite bold to even notice I am losing health for instance.

Leveling my rogue now, but when that is done I'm gonna continue with my ui. Need to get the colors to match eachother better!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjai View Post
    Some of the UI's here so nice x.x, this thread will never cease to be a source of inspiration for me

Anyway, not happy with Skada but I'm actually really happy with the rest right now. I've always been a fan of 2 key addons: Weakauras and ElvUI and I've decided to put a lot of effort in making a UI almost solely with them.

Standard Solo Combat:

Most stuff enabled in preview form:

Annotated for clarity on the Weakauras - http://i.imgur.com/uan8fs8.png

font: rblocks but I'm open to better suggestions for a similar looking font.
    icons: Various from Dota 2 / Guild Wars 2. Still looking around for improvements for a couple
    bar texture: fer35

I like it alot! Seems very useful!

I especially like the crispness of the weakauras. What have you done to get that effect? They are so crisp and sharp. And the 1px border is done how?
    I'm guessing everything is imported, and if it is, what textures are you using?

^I'm 99% sure that ElvUI is skinning Weakauras. I don't know of any other way to skin them. I believe CleanIcons can though, so maybe look into that if you don't want ElvUI.

I mentioned the textures/icons at the bottom of the post. It was all painstakingly cropped/imported from Guild Wars 2 and Dota 2 wiki's. The bar textures were taken from a mediapack called "ferous media"

Deleted
    ^I'm 99% sure that ElvUI is skinning Weakauras. I don't know of any other way to skin them. I believe CleanIcons can though, so maybe look into that if you don't want ElvUI.

I mentioned the textures/icons at the bottom of the post. It was all painstakingly cropped/imported from Guild Wars 2 and Dota 2 wiki's. The bar textures were taken from a mediapack called "ferous media"

Hmmm.. Yeah maybe Elvui does that. Haven't gotten around to install the addon skins-thing yet.

Do you mean you imported the actual icons from dota 2? I mean, the actual animation on the icons?

And meh ._. Didn't even see the last part of your post lol

Download
    Curse
    TukUI
    WoWInterface
    Last edited by Skullflower; 2014-12-29 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullflower View Post
    snip
    great. just ruined another pair of underwear..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Getting a weird overlap with the cast bar and health text... Is this fixable?

Hmmm.. Yeah maybe Elvui does that. Haven't gotten around to install the addon skins-thing yet.

Do you mean you imported the actual icons from dota 2? I mean, the actual animation on the icons?

And meh ._. Didn't even see the last part of your post lol
    I didn't know they were animated ^^, you'd have to use weakauras for that I'd imagine. I simply took them from either massive icon images or the wiki's themselves. This was the best source since it sorted by colour: http://i.imgur.com/CPxrBry.jpg

Deleted
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/7HlXdLW.png[img]
    Been a huge fan for a long time and yeah... I'm back with your UI now. Looks amazing as always :-)

Deleted
    I didn't know they were animated ^^, you'd have to use weakauras for that I'd imagine. I simply took them from either massive icon images or the wiki's themselves. This was the best source since it sorted by colour: http://i.imgur.com/CPxrBry.jpg

Nah I don't mean they are animated. I meant duh... Wow this is hard to explain lol.

Anyway, I kind of see how you did it now when you linked that image.

Did you just take a screenshot of one of those tiny icons, open it up in like photoshop and then import that file to WA?

Edit: I guess you could just open that whole image in photoshop, cut out the icon you want, import it to WA

Nah I don't mean they are animated. I meant duh... Wow this is hard to explain lol.

Anyway, I kind of see how you did it now when you linked that image.

Did you just take a screenshot of one of those tiny icons, open it up in like photoshop and then import that file to WA?

Edit: I guess you could just open that whole image in photoshop, cut out the icon you want, import it to WA
    I don't have Photoshop... should probably get it.

Step by step of what I did:
    1. Use gyazo.com to cut out a square from an icon sheet.
    2. Get icon name from wowhead.com by simply searching an ability and clicking the icon on the top left of the page.
    3. Load it into Microsoft Paint (lol) and resize to 64x64. Make sure it's saved in Interface/Icons for making the next step quicker.
    4. Use a program to drag and drop .PNG's to convert them into .BLP's, which are WoW's icon format. This particular program creates a BLP in the folder that the PNG's in.

I got the conversion program by googling "convert png to blp" and using the 2nd link where the guy mentions a jar file. Once I was in the groove it was actually quite quick to cut/add new icons and you can /reload ingame to load up the icons as you go along instead of having to restart the game every time.
    Last edited by Akurenia; 2014-12-28 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifie View Post
    Getting a weird overlap with the cast bar and health text... Is this fixable?
    Try the latest update and let me know what you think!

Try the latest update and let me know what you think!
    Awesome, the overlap no longer occurs! The cast bar sure is difficult to see though...

Is that the intended look?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifie View Post
    Awesome, the overlap no longer occurs! The cast bar sure is difficult to see though...

Is that the intended look?
    Type "/sf" and hit the update button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Mind sharing your addon list and details? Via PM is cool too. I've been happy with the default UI, with some tweaks, however yours so far has caught my eye as one I'd work towards.
    Woops, have been away for a while. I'll update the first post with details. Glad you like it!