Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'll do dirty things to you if you tell me how you turned the Garrison Report into that yellow square or whatever you turned it into.

edit: #eyyobbygrl
    #eyyobbygrl - was wondering when someone would mention that lol.

I only modded my talent frame. I used kgPanels to do all the heavy lifting. Basically, if you create a new panel in kgPanels, you can attach it to the talent frame using the anchor controls and then put some code in the scripting sections. In the case of modding the talent frame, the anchor and parent frames are PlayerTalentFrame. As for scripting, it's basically 3 lines of code.

PlayerTalentFrame:SetBackdropColor(0,0,0,0) - this makes it transparent

PlayerTalentFrameTab1:SetAlpha(0.5) - this makes the first tab on the bottom left corner a little lighter. You will need to repeat this for each tab. (Tab2, Tab3)

PlayerTalentFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",635, -395) - this changes it's position. You can fiddle with the numbers to move it wherever you want.

This process can be repeated/extended for any frame really. If, for example, you wanted to mod your garrison mission frame, first type in /fstack and hover over the frame to get it's name and then do all the same stuff over.

Lastly, you can do more elaborate things like animation etc such as what Kait and Magicaldandruff have shown before. For that, you should read this:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n+talent+frame

PS. Will upload some of the requested artwork today. (probably just going to edit this post when I do)

Edit: RIP my essay. If you are talking about the tiny yellow square in the corner of the minimap, that is the picomenu from Qusemap (like modernist said). If you are trying to get rid of the icon on your minimap, Broker-Garrison will do that for you.
    Last edited by tempest420; 2015-01-15 at 06:03 PM.

Well, something that gets rid of the Garrison Report then >_<
    GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton:SetAlpha(0)

add it to an addon and it will hide the button :P

I'd like to post mine. But still can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I liked skullflower's font so I stole it. I'd actually use that UI but I hate elvui so just integrated the font and large health text idea into my own.

What's your addon for the player frame ? Suf or Elvui ? I can't display the "Portrait" like that with Elvui.

J'aurai voulu ouvrir ton coeur comme une rose, pour qu'après nos pleurs, un amour éclose.

Deleted
    Made new UI

Need few tweeks though.

@UP Prolly it's SUF.
    Last edited by mmoc882b7ecf8f; 2015-01-15 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil93W View Post
    I totally stole your raidframes lydude, but I'm OK with it.

Looks soooo much better now when I finally found a replacement for my horrible grid raidframes, thanks a bunch!
    very old quote here, but does anyone know what the buff frames hes using are that have the consolidated buff icon? i dont think raven has it, but i could be mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    very old quote here, but does anyone know what the buff frames hes using are that have the consolidated buff icon? i dont think raven has it, but i could be mistaken
    Just a wild guess but Phanx buffs maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Typically I have my objectives hidden, but I forgot because I'm bad. It's also changed a little bit recently, with better weakauras and smaller raid frames.
    Last edited by Banzad; 2015-01-15 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    His burgers might be bland but he can cook up some mean bar textures :P Also, I thought Iron Maiden font would be brutal enough for a WoD inspired UI!

Edit: Better talent frame picture
    Probably could've blocked out the gold spam in your chat, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

After looking at that, it boggles my mind why I play WoW on my small monitor and browse the internet/watch films on the big one meh!
    What font is that? And how did you do like that with the castbar?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvanya View Post
    What's your addon for the player frame ? Suf or Elvui ? I can't display the "Portrait" like that with Elvui.
    Pitbull unit frames 4.0. I don't use elvui, mine is entirely compiled from scratch.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Quote Originally Posted by santera View Post
    GarrisonLandingPageMinimapButton:SetAlpha(0)

add it to an addon and it will hide the button :P
    Yeah but I still need access to it and have no idea how to code a button that doesn't look like shit :C
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

After looking at that, it boggles my mind why I play WoW on my small monitor and browse the internet/watch films on the big one meh!
    What UI is this? Looks nice!

Deleted
    Yeah but I still need access to it and have no idea how to code a button that doesn't look like shit :C
    Alot of addons like Titanpanal and other data text addons, can give access to it via there show of for example resources.

For the people wanting to hide the Garrison Button:

If you aren't attached to the specific minimap addon you are currently using, I have used Chinchilla minimap for years and the WoD version gives you the option to hide the Garrison button until you mouse-over the minimap.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/chinchilla

<3
    Ish

Deleted
    This is the UI that I have been using in this expansion so far:

Last edited by mmoc42b1d4efdb; 2015-01-16 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentrytotem View Post
    Basically a copy of Redtusks excellent UI with a few changes.
    http://a.pomf.se/cqzqfa.png
    What bar texture is that? Player/Target/Rage bar - basically everything..

epic super villain ui

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Small updates to the thing I posted a few weeks ago. I moved the most of the combat relevant stuff down a bit, got a new bar texture and changed the unit frames slightly to make the health bars a little more obvious in peripheral vision.

Out of Combat

In Combat

Bonus; I'm making a talent frame thing!

PS. pHishr is a bamf
    Damn dude, pretty nice, didn't see all those last time

-Killtehnoob-

Hi everyone!

This is kind of off-topic here I think, but seeing how many awesome artists are present here, I have to ask. If I really missed th thread feel free to point to the right one.

So, I always was interested in UI making and I made several ones during WotLK, but I always ended up using ELVUI.
    Now I really want to create my new unique one but I need a little help with this.

How do you start making your UI? What addons you look for?
    I'd like to create a minimalistic yet easy to use Interface for Battlegrounds and Arena.
    I'm playing a hunter and every other caster classes.

I would like to use WeakAuras for sure and create some cool looking graphics with it.

Any help is appreciated.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    Hi everyone!

This is kind of off-topic here I think, but seeing how many awesome artists are present here, I have to ask. If I really missed th thread feel free to point to the right one.

So, I always was interested in UI making and I made several ones during WotLK, but I always ended up using ELVUI.
    Now I really want to create my new unique one but I need a little help with this.

How do you start making your UI? What addons you look for?
    I'd like to create a minimalistic yet easy to use Interface for Battlegrounds and Arena.
    I'm playing a hunter and every other caster classes.

I would like to use WeakAuras for sure and create some cool looking graphics with it.

Any help is appreciated.
    Nothing wrong with using elv as a base framework to make something you like.
    There's some very good ui's with heavy weak aura use in this thread, just browse it pick up bits you like and modify them to suit your needs.
    Work with 1 addon at a time configure it how you want then move on to another, rather than loading up on however many addons and feeling like you're getting nowhere.