Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Type something in custom text like "raidframename". then in the dropdown list it will apear there, from there you just do text format like any other given place like [name:short]
    Just getting around to writing these tips down so I can change my layout up but any suggestions for a font type that fits/works best in your experience?

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Deleted
    I've always been bothered by the WorldStateAlwaysUpFrame, it just seems unbalanced and never want to stay centered. So I decided to create some kind of replacement in WeakAuras. Got the basic layout down, but only have it working in WSG so far. For the rest it's mostly just Tohr UI, need to put some work into modifying that later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Driving my OCD that you quoted 2x OVERSIZED IMAGES!
    Sorry Sunny I thought I'd snipped the content

Quote Originally Posted by Xanna View Post
    I've always been bothered by the WorldStateAlwaysUpFrame, it just seems unbalanced and never want to stay centered. So I decided to create some kind of replacement in WeakAuras. Got the basic layout down, but only have it working in WSG so far. For the rest it's mostly just Tohr UI, need to put some work into modifying that later on.
    Wow! I really love this! Do you plan to do this for all BG's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    Wow! I really love this! Do you plan to do this for all BG's?
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm just doing them one by one. I'm still quite new to writing code and it takes time gathering data and testing, but I'll do all eventually.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    @Xanna: I really dig what you did with the PvP objectives.

I did things with my DK's UI finally, now that I'm actually playing him some.

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    Just getting around to writing these tips down so I can change my layout up but any suggestions for a font type that fits/works best in your experience?
    Pm'd some. no need to clutter the thread with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm just doing them one by one. I'm still quite new to writing code and it takes time gathering data and testing, but I'll do all eventually.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to write a new Add-on just dedicated to recreate the BG-Display?

To Pouncekite:

lovely! I like the way you arranged dmg-meter und Raidframes! Only thing i would change due to personal preference is to mouseover the stuff on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfell View Post
    maybe this set up will fix? just was
    Aw damn, looks like I need to fix Druid elements. Check for an update later this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pouncekite View Post
    @Xanna: I really dig what you did with the PvP objectives.

I did things with my DK's UI finally, now that I'm actually playing him some.
    I love this. Its amazing.

Yo! That's me again, back to giving some love to my UI, right now I'm busy with drawing pet frame T_T
    Need feedback, badly...

Here are four health/power bar position and size combinations. Pet frame on the left, player frame on the right.

Which one is better? Or maybe they are all crappy and I should redraw everything from scratch, eh? T_T

Personally, I'd like to keep same bar order on both player and pet frames, power bar on the right and health bar on the left, but that would exclude topleft and bottomleft variants. But bigger power bar looks a bit awkward... Damn..
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-04-15 at 07:42 PM.

What's the orb? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's just sexy as all hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    What's the orb? :P
    The big orb with two tubes is my player frame

Here's a bit older version in action :3
    https://instagram.com/p/0FyjjZotcj/

Quote Originally Posted by Sabien View Post
    Playing on a laptop so fairly basic looking UI

What's this addon with the little boxes?

to lightspark: didn't the pet frame used to be rounded kinda like the orb but curving around the outside of it in a little half moon? i think i liked it the way it was
    just my opinion
    work of art

Quote Originally Posted by chrrie View Post
    What's this addon with the little boxes?
    That is likely Decursive @ Curse, basically a simplified raid frame focused on dispelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That is likely Decursive @ Curse, basically a simplified raid frame focused on dispelling.
    which im surprised anyone even uses anymore to be honest with the control you have over what debuffs you see on whatever raid frame addon you want to use..

it really just seems redundant. like omen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to write a new Add-on just dedicated to recreate the BG-Display?
    Perhaps. I already put most code outside of WA and just pass variables and trigger the displays with WeakAuras.ScanEvents(). I just feel like writing all the display and animation code might be too much to tackle at once. Maybe later I could.

@lightspark: I'd put the green pet health on the left to kind of balance out and distance it a bit more from the big green player health. Then which of the pet bars to make longer/shorter I'm not sure. I think I'm leaning towards the longer pet health, but they're both pretty different, and it might depend more on the rest of the UI. One is more blocky and the other more round if that makes sense. But, yeah, well, that's just like, um, my opinion, man.

Finally @Thirteen: Thanks. You're sexy man!
    Last edited by mmoc59adf2e86e; 2015-04-16 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the9thresident View Post
    to lightspark: didn't the pet frame used to be rounded kinda like the orb but curving around the outside of it in a little half moon? i think i liked it the way it was
    just my opinion
    work of art
    Thanks!

Well, it used to... But I'm working on v2 now, and one of my goals is to switch from arched bars to something more straight-lined. Although arched status bars looked good, but it was just a curved texture applied to a straight bar. I never liked this approach, because it led to some problems and pain in my ass. For v2 I decided to keep the wow-like style and redraw textures along with complete code overhaul. Best time for big changes, I guess..

- - - Updated - - -

@lightspark: I'd put the green pet health on the left to kind of balance out and distance it a bit more from the big green player health. Then which of the pet bars to make longer/shorter I'm not sure. I think I'm leaning towards the longer pet health, but they're both pretty different, and it might depend more on the rest of the UI. One is more blocky and the other more round if that makes sense. But, yeah, well, that's just like, um, my opinion, man.
    Thanks for your feedback! Well, that's what I asked for. I need others' opinions on this thingy.

I'm aware that they are different, well, not that much though, I kept same style, and it's a bit roundish; tube caps and concave sides to match player frame a bit more, making pet frame as round as player frame is not that good-looking, tried it, hehe. Yesterday I drew ~11 different concepts of pet frame, excluding the one I posted here, this one was the most fitting, but I still have concerns...
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-04-16 at 05:54 AM.

Deleted
    Posting from mobile. Here's what I meant with round and blocky.
    http://imgur.com/j0ppP6p
    Vs
    http://imgur.com/clnBEui