Thread: Post Your UI

still small pic for me... /sad panda

I'm surprised many of your guys' huge-picture posts haven't been ninja moderated off the face of the planet yet. There is also a sticky post in the Interface/macros section on image hosting if you guys have trouble with that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2015-06-14 at 03:34 AM. Reason: can't spell

Deleted
    Or just post a link. People can click if they can be arsed.

Guys, guys don't you see. They play on a 320 x 240 resolution =P

But on a serious note, from what I can see it looks really nice. ^^

Deleted
    Working on something that is close to the original ui, not finished yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    Working on something that is close to the original ui, not finished yet

That's a really attractive revision of the default UI.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

MY UI W.I.P it have many Functions for a Raider, Farmer and a Quester doesn't Support PvP Players! I don't like PvP.

Last edited by Atwood; 2015-06-14 at 07:22 PM.

I would love to see less of elvui tukui with just elements moved around. please post something different.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I would love to see less of elvui tukui with just elements moved around. please post something different.
    so where is yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get the castbar in Elvui below 10 height?

Will update with my UI once i'm done with it.

Deleted
    This thread should definitely just be endless variations of UIs like mine instead.

Deleted

Combat

- Addons in use:
    Skada
    Bartender
    Weak Auras
    Prat
    SexyMap
    Shadowed Unit Frames

Any ideas on combat text addons / buff-debuff locations / general improvements?
    (Under my map mid-screen is where my boss frames are, similar length to my target frame with dots growing out left)
    Raid frames are left (Default Blizzard ui ones) above my chat windows.
    Last edited by mmoc61b6ac3228; 2015-06-16 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    For levelling, these interfaces make WoW an entirely better and more beautiful game to play. It suits levelling because all of WoW's depth/complications are close to irrelevant when levelling (you can almost level with no UI at all), so when you remove them from the screen you just have this glorious, immersive world to enjoy. It makes the stories, characters and places more believable.
    Thanks, Kaitain! That is precisely what I was going for. Since I don't have any major interest in end game right now, I decided to just appreciate the environments as much as possible. It's not super different from anything I've done the past ~3 years (other than the player frame and combat text) but I'm pretty happy with the layout, which is flexible enough to work for me for both healing and damage dealing. I recorded a fight in order to evaluate the less polished stuff...might as well share:

Any fans of Zone of the Enders or perfectly looped GIFs?

I've been watching a lot of Gundam/giant mech stuff lately and decided to make this for fun. Though it ended up being not so fun trying to get the paths right.

It's one of the wings from orbital frame Anubis (the best one IMO), but slightly re-purposed. Spent about 1 min on fonts before I realized the outline feature is atrocious. Its like the black just bleeds into the text.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/6352nV7

Changed a few things around with my WAs, feedback welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still fooling around with auras, nothing new worth showing though.

Outside of WoW files, are there any sites or other places you guys look to when you want some art/textures/borders for a more style-over-function UI?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Video games and anime. I either rip it straight from a screenshot or try to recreate something close. You can use almost anything if you have a decent quality image.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2015-06-18 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Video games and anime. I either rip it straight from a screenshot or try to recreate something close. You can use almost anything if you have a decent quality image.
    A while ago I wanted to try my hand at a Witcher UI, but I was completely overwhelmed when it came to clipping out the UI elements carefully. They were sloppy and chunky, like I couldn't stay in the lines. Using PS is hard when you know nothing about it, and after a few days, I gave up. Same with my Order 1886 UI, couldn't figure it out because of PS, left it. I have a folder full of health bars and UI panels from hack & slash games that I simply lack the skill to manipulate.

I've actually considered trying out Lynda.com for some professional tutorials. I know of Colin S' stuff, his WeakAuras tutorials, learned how to make Targas work properly, but a lot of the seemingly finer stuff...selecting the exact outline of stuff. Editing out the health bar parts of a unit frame, and having both as separate TGAs...it's tough to do!

Any specific vids or tutorials you could recommend? There are so so so many that you find when googling for this sort of thing. Half the time, i'm 20 minutes in and I feel like I haven't learned anything. Colin's videos are good though.
    [/url]

I can't recommend any as I don't even use most of the skills I learned from them in the process. You have to come to terms with the fact that it won't always go well with the magic wand. Most of the time I have to erase everything around my target object instead by hand. In this case, the magic wand still helps in selecting chunks at a time to erase. Zooming in to see each pixel and cleaniong up little bits with a 1 px eraser if need be.

As for separate .tgas, if you already have things in different layers, you pretty much already have separate .tgas. At any point in your project, you can just turn off the visibility of individual layers, and only ones that are visible will be saved into the image file you choose. If you've seen Colin's tutorials, then you should know about alpha channels for each layer also. That isn't the only way to do it but its good if you are struggling enough already.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2015-06-19 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this sort of thing isn't widely posted around here since everyone's a pro, but getting response from accomplished UI creators is pretty encouraging.

Just gotta take it slow, be meticulous...maybe at some point I'll stumble across a tidbit in a video here, something useful in a tutorial there. I'll keep trying!
    [/url]