Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by kresky View Post
    I'm amazed at how awesome some of these UI's look. I understand adjusting ElvUI and different addons like that to suit your needs, but some of these screenshots show some crazy additions to the normal UI where it looks just awesome (ex: the very unique ones that people say they have been working on for a long time). Are you guys just adjusting what's already out there to fit your own needs or are you creating your own UI's via Lua/Photoshop or something?

If that's the case, it looks like some serious fun and I'd love to learn how it all works. Keep up the good work everyone. This thread is a serious inspiration to anyone who loves messing around with their interface.
    Since this hasn't been replied to yet:

It really runs the gambit honestly. Some people DO do complete UI reworks all with LUA and photoshop, essentially coding their own addons to overwrite the blizz default. I believe that's what LUI v3 is, for the most part.

Then some people are able to develop entire UI's from Weakauras like this guy does (and his shit is amazing).

And then some UI's are no more than a tasteful combinations of various addons and tinkering with their settings to make them visually cohesive, much like Caith UI

Finally some UI's are a combination of all of the above, some LUI coding, some external addon settings and photoshop, like RealUI.

Anyone is free to correct me on these examples, but that's pretty much how it works. I used to spend up to 5hrs at a time developing my own UI before I just started using RealUI cause I don't got time for that anymore lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Since this hasn't been replied to yet:

It really runs the gambit honestly. Some people DO do complete UI reworks all with LUA and photoshop, essentially coding their own addons to overwrite the blizz default. I believe that's what LUI v3 is, for the most part.

Then some people are able to develop entire UI's from Weakauras like this guy does (and his shit is amazing).

And then some UI's are no more than a tasteful combinations of various addons and tinkering with their settings to make them visually cohesive, much like Caith UI

Finally some UI's are a combination of all of the above, some LUI coding, some external addon settings and photoshop, like RealUI.

Anyone is free to correct me on these examples, but that's pretty much how it works. I used to spend up to 5hrs at a time developing my own UI before I just started using RealUI cause I don't got time for that anymore lol.
    MayronUI is also another good example. He is also working on a "Creating WoW AddOns" YouTube series if you're interested in learning Lua.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    *decent-sized response that I'm not able to quote because it has links in it*
    Thanks for the awesome response! As a new player I'm sitting here deciding whether or not I should deck out my UI before getting started, but I think I'm going to just get started with some simple essentials and do the big stuff when needed. Once again, that response was a huge help in finally understanding how all of this is. I appreciate it a whole lot.
    Last edited by kresky; 2015-08-20 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kresky View Post
    Thanks for the awesome response! As a new player I'm sitting here deciding whether or not I should deck out my UI before getting started, but I think I'm going to just get started with some simple essentials and do the big stuff when needed. Once again, that response was a huge help in finally understanding how all of this is. I appreciate it a whole lot.
    In general, I definitely think it's better to "evolve" your UI, as a new player. Play a bit, see what feels clunky or what information is hard to get as quickly as you'd like and then look for an addon or two to address those issues. Mess around with those couple of addons until they both look nice and get the job done and then look for more things to address as you play more. Over time, you'll start to figure out what you like and a very simple blueprint will emerge for how you want your information arrayed and presented. Once you've played for a while and are pretty much just in the polishing stages, if you're still interested in designing UIs, that would be a good time to try building the whole UI from scratch (on a piece of paper) with the lessons you've learned about your preferences as a guide. Then you can go about implementing it, as casually (get addons, configure them) or as elaborately (learn the ins and outs of WeakAuras, learn Lua) as fits your interests.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    What I have currently set up. Wanted to go with some new ideas I had, pretty happy with it . Maybe will post a raid setup later

fullscreen: http://i.minus.com/i9sjqqYem08kK.png
    Last edited by mmoc8f9b2281f3; 2015-08-20 at 04:33 PM.

I like to keep my battlefield view fairly open

Shadowed Unit Frames
    Grid
    Bartender
    Combuctor (bag mod)

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    My WiP: Once i get used to the center, player and target frames will be incorperated into the same style.
    would u mind to share your weakaura strings?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vuleria View Post
    would u mind to share your weakaura strings?
    Have a lot of different groups, anything in particular you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayru View Post
    What I have currently set up. Wanted to go with some new ideas I had, pretty happy with it . Maybe will post a raid setup later

Damn! Are those CD and energy bar and buff trackers weakauras? If they are can you post them please?

Deleted
    elvui goes tukui WIP

How did you remove the tabs from chat? General, logs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    I use nibChatTabs to accomplish that. They only show up on mouseover

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    I use nibChatTabs to accomplish that. They only show up on mouseover
    works with Elvui then i asume since we speaking of it?

OOC: i.imgur.com/ UXZVt9R.jpg
    IC: i.imgur.com/ dHoy933.jpg

Can't post links yet, bah.

Deleted
    I did a pretty cheesy way of doing it, I simply renamed them with nothing . so essentially just a spacebar. Definitely not the most stylish way to fix it but it's fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KyyaL View Post
    Damn! Are those CD and energy bar and buff trackers weakauras? If they are can you post them please?
    Yes it's weakauras.

With CD I am assuming the bars under the actionbars? Anyways here's the weakauras you wanted. Keep in mind that I use Pixel Perfect mode with Elvui and Skullflower textures, so most likely you'll have to change that and keep in mind its all for rogue, so you'd have to change the setup to suit your class.

http://pastebin.com/rAU39rTK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barleybear View Post
    OOC: i.imgur.com/UXZVt9R.jpg
    IC: i.imgur.com/dHoy933.jpg

Can't post links yet, bah.
    There you go
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I did a pretty cheesy way of doing it, I simply renamed them with nothing . so essentially just a spacebar. Definitely not the most stylish way to fix it but it's fine for me.
    And here i am trying the past 6+months via LUA and whatnot...
    Thanks though will have to do it!

And here i am trying the past 6+months via LUA and whatnot...
    Thanks though will have to do it!
    Chatter must do it too, because they're hidden on most of my UIs, but I don't remember doing it. And I use Chatter, so it must be that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Chatter must do it too, because they're hidden on most of my UIs, but I don't remember doing it. And I use Chatter, so it must be that.
    BasicChatMods does it too.

Thoughts?