Blizzard default buffs not appearing

I use XPerl, though I'm not sure it's the culprit with this issue.

I have my main's UI set up the way I want. I see Blizzard's icons for buffs on myself in the upper right of my screen, and I also see buff icons on my player and target frames.

On my alts, I cannot get Blizzard's icons to appear. There is an option in XPerl (current version) to hide or show those buffs. If I toggle it I can get blizzard's buffs to appear for a moment, but they immediately disappear again. WoW's own interfaces option is set to display them, same as my main.

I'm not using any other buff-related addons. I'd rather not throw away my XPerl SavedVariables on those toons and lose all my customizations, but I'll try that as a last resort if I have to.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Make sure there isn't a different addon hiding them. The behavior you mention (they appear for a split second, then disappear) sounds just like that (xperl shows them, then the other addon realizes and hides them again).
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    I'm not using any other buff-related addons. I'd rather not throw away my XPerl SavedVariables on those toons and lose all my customizations, but I'll try that as a last resort if I have to.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?
    Move the savedvariables file out of the folder(while game is completely closed), see if it works.
    If it does, there is something wrong in that file and you have narrowed it down a lot.
    If it doesn't work, it is not that file and you can move it back.
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻