Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Tooter View Post
    LOL, I had no idea how busy my UI got and how much shit I never even notice is going on until I took this screenshot! So many bars! It should look a lot cleaner once I dump Scorchio, some of the truly unused Need To Know bars, and finally cut my last ties with MSBT. Maybe I'll even come back and post an update, and I'm open to suggestions on ways to improve what I'm working with!
    Duplication of information is a major problem there.
    Buffs on your player frame, and up in the corner where only one is needed.
    It looks like you have 4 or more different addons displaying the duration of your debuffs on the targets, and your cooldowns.
    Some degree of redundancy where information is hard to miss can be a good thing, but that is excessive.
    Decide what you can read easier, numbers on icons, or bars and base your display around that.
    You seem to have party frames visible in raid, which arent really necessary either.
    Conflicting addons trying to do the same thing with both Minimap Button Bar and Minimap Button Frame both trying to handle minimap button management, where only one will do just fine.
    A well set up raid frame will replace decursive, or should you not on that character need the information that a raid from provides then decursive may be sufficient on its own.
    Bag and Micro Menu (character, talents etc) don't need to be visible all the time, and should be on mouseover only.
    MSBT since you seem to have reduced it largely to buff annoucements is rather pointless so I do agree with getting rid of that or at least saving it for something not easily covered by another addon.
    What I would assume to be your target of target frame also showing buffs which is totally pointless.
    Mario style graphics are all well and good if they serve a real pupose, though icons or bars could be more appropriate for something with a duration or cooldown or something like the ring in the middle being rather more subtle and where you should be looking instead of over to the side.

10+ Year Old Account

STUF Unitframes: 2D pictures for either character and target. They serve as health bar as well. 33% opacity. Really dislike animated frames, so went for the static ones. STUF also tracks my own debuffs on target (Rake, Rip etc) with timer bars.
    Target frame shows (coloured) combo points, as well as health%.

Bartender w/ ButtonFacade: Skinned it with Renaitre. Goes for the buffs as well.

Aura Frames:
    3 different frames:
    - Buffs (ye olde regular buffs) next to minimap
    - Short duration self buffs (think Tiger's Fury, Savage Roar, Berserk or Slice and Dice) above character frame
    - Debuff Groups for target, next to target frame. This tracks the duration of any +Bleed debuff (e.g. Mangle/Trauma/Hemorrhage), -Armour debuff and -Healing debuff. May look redundant in the current screenshots, but very useful in PvP or Raid situations.

bMinimap: Simple enough, ye olde minimap addon

Lite Stats and Lite Panels: Small overview below minimap with friends/gold/bagslots etc. Responsible for FPS etc. as well.

Coolline: Cooldown tracker

Mik's Scrolling Battle Text: Need to move the damage frame a bit, it's covering the target frame.

Chatter: Chat mod

Kui Platenames: Missing as I probably hit the hotkey by mistake. That or it reset because of patch. At any rate, nice nifty fancy nameplates, class coloured. Shows health% and combo points as well, which may or may not be useful.

nib's Micromenu: Normally have it hidden, but I kinda like this version. Goes well with the FPS etc in the upper right corner

Viewporter: The, you guessed it, view port.

Additional mods: TinyRaidhider (hides Blizzard's raid frames), TipTop (tooltip mod), Deadly Boss Mods (basically only use it for PvP timers), sThreatmeter2

Party / Raid frames -> still STUF and oUF Freedbgrid. Haven't set up Freedbgrid completely to my satisfaction yet, but quite pleased with the basic form of it.

Target frame shows Target's Target and TTT as well.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-04 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    ui post
    clicking on your thumbnails made my browser crash and open wild popups. imageshack fail again?

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nelchan View Post
    well, How? I love the UF but dont want anything else from the UI.
    First: it's probably done with STUF or shadowed unit frames. Sorry.

Anyway, the addon used doesn't change anything. You need his addon code or do it by yourself and replicate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    clicking on your thumbnails made my browser crash and open wild popups. imageshack fail again?
    No clue. I use Noscript and imageshack is working just fine for me. Give me an alternative and I'll upload it there.

Deleted
    Fixed the thumbnails already. Link properly.

Here it is, updated for 4.1 - need still to make xp/rep bar but it's a minor thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I ended up figuring that out yesterday. Do you have any clue how to turn off the TukUI party/raid frames so I can use Grid instead like it is shown in the screenshot above?

Deleted
    Coldkil is there anyway to get your UI? it is just so damn clean, and pretty =)

Nearly finished a release :9

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, now that the links work, comments are more than welcome.

Can't decide what your UI reminds me of, Coldkil. Either Led++ or Ishtara.

And it all started with tukui! XD

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 06:24 AM ----------

edit: XP bar is done, reputation should be finished this afternoon. Realized that i still need to do the altpowerbar :/ (and if you raid, you'll need it )

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 06:28 AM ----------

ui post with fixed thumbnails
    Some pointers:
    - configure better msbt; you don't need all the events activated, it's just spammy; also pixelfont at incorrect size and no outline looks ugly
    - too much different fonts through your ui; if you use pixelfonts, monochromeoutline them all! and set shadow offset to 0
    - blizzard auras are overlapping a little with your timers/trackers. fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed MSBT when I moved the incoming/outgoing damage. Just need to find the Finish It event and disable that one now.

Deleted
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=183185

my UI on the Al'Akir heroic vid couldn't post a screenie as that is ofcourse at home on the pc!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanbaru View Post
    http://i52.tinypic.com/20zsmdc.jpg
    http://i56.tinypic.com/90u1q0.jpg

Still trying to find a nice place to put Omen.
    Could you tell me what that addon is in the right side? the one that shows enemy health%. Looks really nice^^

Fixed MSBT when I moved the incoming/outgoing damage. Just need to find the Finish It event and disable that one now.
    /msbt
    Events - Event Category (dropdown) - Notifications.
    Combo Points Full - uncheck the box or adjust as necessary.

Solo

and in raid.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-05 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Off Topic: Can someone PM link/reply me some good UI-pack for warrior/mage/hunter (one of those)? Because i think i wont upgrade all of my addons that are out of date, i just rather download some full ui-pack. Thank you.
    On Topic: Cool UIs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    /msbt
    Events - Event Category (dropdown) - Notifications.
    Combo Points Full - uncheck the box or adjust as necessary.
    Fixt. Cheers.

Current UI I'm working on, still lots to fix/change

Quote Originally Posted by dazzieboo View Post
    Current UI I'm working on, still lots to fix/change
    Not bad I like the strange layout but i want to see raid frames.