I already said what it was, Melli.
    Melli is called your statusbar texture, not your layout. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    This is mine:
    [IMG]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/55/wowscrnshot090511225059.jpg[/IM]

Feel free to ask any questions.
    it is shiny. what are the unitframes?

My Pally's latest UI
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-11 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I needa good chat mod, something that i can condense and expand if there is such a thing out there.

When a wild forum troll appears

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    I needa good chat mod, something that i can condense and expand if there is such a thing out there.
    If by condense and expand you mean the size of the chat window, maybe take a look at Chicchai @ Wowinterface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you ^^^

When a wild forum troll appears

Here's an idea I'm playing with for tracking DOTs/Cooldowns/etc. in a relatively compact way. The Cast bar/icon section is Weak Auras. Some interesting things:
    • Display "duration remaining" on DOTs as the number of ticks remaining rather than seconds. The reasoning is time between ticks varies with haste, but you always want to recast a DOT (at least as a priest) when there is one tick remaining. Simplifying the display in this manner makes the information easier to parse. "On the left hand side? Cast it. On the right hand side? Everything is fine (but you can easily check the status of cooldowns/dots/etc if needed).
    • Display "dependent" information on icons. For example the damage of mind blast is largely determined by the number of shadow orbs that are up. Displaying the count of that buff on the mind blast icon is valuable, it saves space you might waste displaying the number of orbs you have (on their own, shadow orbs are basically useless). See also archangel vs evangelism stacks
    • Prioritize the icons according to when they should be cast. Just because mindblast is off cooldown doesn't mean you want to use it (ie, you'd delay it to recast VT/SWP/DP unless you had a shadow orb and did not have empowered shadow
    I think with a little bit of effort you could probably create of set of auras that guided you towards a "near optimum" play style for any class. There will always be tricks to improve DPS, like delaying the use of a cooldown for a burn phase, but over time you could probably write all of that in. Such a set of aurs would be valuable for new players learning how to play a class or experts who sometimes fail to pay attention to absolutely everything going on in a complex encounter. So far as I can tell I wouldn't be able to create a setup like this using Power Auras Classic 4.x but it may be possible when PAC5 is finally ready for general use.

The above is more of a proof-of-concept than something I'd be switching to right now, but I think there are promising ideas here. Maybe somebody else will take something from it or inspire me to improve the idea.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2011-09-11 at 10:06 PM.

Is this ui available somewhere online? I woud love to have it (the ui from tinyscout) great cata look.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if im not wrong redtusk is using Elvui or some tukui derivative. Looks like a lot like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Here's an idea I'm playing with for tracking DOTs/Cooldowns/etc. in a relatively compact way. The Cast bar/icon section is Weak Auras.
    As I had asked about ticks display in a previous thread then I am very interested in just how you managed to get the ticks displayed as a counter on the icon.
    Would you have an export, or the custom trigger script you used to achieve that ?

Quote Originally Posted by TinyScout View Post

Cataclysm themed UI I've been tinkering on for a day or so. All the art is taken from the official Cata website. Probably not the most streamlined or optimized of UIs, but it's eye candy I'm looking forward to taking into Cataclysm.
    Can anybody tell me how to get this ui? best lookin ui ive ever seen :)

Deleted

NOT DONE YET
    My edit of a ui i ones saw
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-13 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As I had asked about ticks display in a previous thread then I am very interested in just how you managed to get the ticks displayed as a counter on the icon.
    Would you have an export, or the custom trigger script you used to achieve that ?
    I added the details to the video description: pastebin links to import strings. It's a pretty simple combination of a trigger that records haste when an aura is applied and a custom display text that calculates the number of ticks and remaining ticks based on the haste recorded when the dot was cast. It works well enough to prove the idea works but it's not exactly something I'd hold up as a shining example of spectacular lua skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendixs View Post

NOT DONE YET
    My edit of a ui i ones saw
    I actually kind of like this... minimalistic yet displays a lot.. What would this look like in 25/40 mans raids?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alextg94 View Post
    I actually kind of like this... minimalistic yet displays a lot.. What would this look like in 25/40 mans raids?
    25 man the same, just need to trun the raid frams down, have a profil for it
    40 not so sure.

poof

new uf's rockin an epic old school texture.

only workin on uf's atm.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-14 at 06:07 AM.

Feel free to comment/give tips on how I can improve my UI.

I hate the "range check" in the top left corner. I try to hide it, but it keeps showing up the next time I'm in combat.
    I want to permanently get rid of it.
    Last edited by Telys; 2011-09-16 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i55.tinypic.com/fw22ig.jpg

Almost where I want it. I have't figured out a way to get rid of the Aura's on oufSlim and just them set very small. Capping, I can't get outlines to work on that. Phanxchat is fine, mostly, I just can't get the font sizing to work, thus the mismatched font, its the only one that isn't giant or so small I can't read it.

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    poof

new uf's rockin an epic old school texture.

only workin on uf's atm.
    Love the dark colors and actually prefer these UFs to earlier ones
    Last edited by Glittercide; 2011-09-14 at 02:23 PM.