Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Mepp View Post

My current UI, still a work in progress but so far I am very happy with the minimalistic elements.
    So "minimalistic" means "a font that makes your eyes bleed"?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    So "minimalistic" means "a font that makes your eyes bleed"?
    It's actually not that bad as long as you are not blind, but I can see how some people would find it annoying. I have thought of changing it for the chats atleast, but not found anything suitable to my taste.

Also:
    minimalism |ˈminəməˌlizəm|
    noun
    1 a trend in sculpture and painting that arose in the 1950s and used simple, typically massive, forms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Hey people! Thought I'd share my ui

I've tried to keep my interface simple while still having all the information I need displayed in a nice way (playing as a holy paladin in a 10man raiding guild).
    As you'll see in the video (domo HC... pre nerf^^), I've worked a lot with Power Auras and I've tried to integrate some auras into the other elements of my interface.
    Also, to keep it clean, you can see at the start of the fight that some bars with information on them (SLDatatext) on the bottom of the screen are replaced by Forte and Omen when entering combat...

Any question or feedback welcomed ofc!

*to be watched in HD =D*
    I'd really like to know which addon you're using for your holy power bar? I havn't been able to locate which it is, nor find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnina View Post
    I'd really like to know which addon you're using for your holy power bar? I havn't been able to locate which it is, nor find it.
    i will say custom artwork within PowerAuras, but its just a guess from my part.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Here's my current WIP, i constantly change it so some parts are not done yet. but it's getting there.

No sound, it's just a test video i made trying too find a good converter with good quality.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTwinmi.../1/Kpvb2X550Xk

Here's my current WIP, i constantly change it so some parts are not done yet. but it's getting there.

Appreciate any feedback on improvements.

No sound, it's just a test video i made trying too find a good converter with good quality.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTwinmi.../1/Kpvb2X550Xk

10+ Year Old Account
    looks really awesome! I would remove the spark from the damagemeter.
    What is the chat font?
    - be3f

I always wondered why do pure DPS classes, with no healing at all, need grid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Because its a good addon for other things, such as tracking bosses abilities and what not, or just because they wanna use the same addon for more then one class.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Suppose you're a mage doing heroic rag on trap duty. Being able to quickly see the status of the raid:
    • Is there somebody low health likely to get killed if I break the trap now
    • Do the tanks have cooldowns up to handle the burst damage?
    • Are the healers really low mana and unlikely to be able to heal up the damage before transition?
    • Does anybody have the trap damage debuff (maybe you blocked it off or got ressed because you screwed up).

Suppose your a hunter tunneling down exploding spiders on beth, is your healer out of range? If so, which way do you have to move to fix that. Can you call for pain suppression or is the drone tank about to die? Imagine you're a deathknight on the same encounter beating up drones: is the hunter soaking the spiders dead and if so, where do you have to go to res them? Maybe you can't res and nor can anybody else: should you take over their job or has a moonkin already picked up the slack? Maybe they just fell behind and the spiderlings are a bit closer than normal but otherwise everything is fine. Grid gives you information to figure out what the heck is going on so you can act appropriately.

Maybe you're a mage beating up seeds on rag: which players is getting their butt kicked and could probably be helped out with a frost nova before world in flames happens? The low health person might be a good choice. Maybe you're a ret paladin and can save somebody with a hand of sacrifice, or you're doing sinestra and you see somebody dazed by whelps that can be saved from cutters with a hand of freedom. Maybe you're a fury warrior and you see somebody getting low because they herped up tornados on alysrazor: you'll know it's a good time to use rallying cry to save them. Perhaps you're playing a rogue and your normal tricks target is dead or out of range, maybe a warlock or shadow priest just got 150 stacks of stolen power on nefarian: you're much better off tossing tricks on them than on a rogue that just lost their stacks.

Knowledge about the status of your team mates is important. You don't think football players are constantly scanning the field not just for the opposing team but also their buddies even though only the quarterback is going to be tossing the ball? I think a better question is "how can so many pure DPS classes find room in their UI for a damage meter but not for a grid-like addon?" Grid isn't a healing addon: it's an information dense picture of your group's status.That sort of information is valuable for any player: tank, dps, or healer.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2011-09-26 at 08:16 PM.

Just a little something I've been working on for quite some time. Never had any plans on uploading it, until someone asked me when I posted it on another thread.

Dèk UI for a couple more screenies.

Changed mine a little.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-27 at 10:53 AM.

I know... i know... i change to much >.< but.. this time im keeping it for months!! Just need an idea for some nice unit frames.. anyone got any idea's on some that will match? (it can just be a screenshot and i will copy them) this is what i got so far

Last edited by Shyzhi; 2011-09-27 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsa View Post
    Any chance we can download that awesome UI of yours anywhere?
    Thanks for you interest I'm currently facing a few issues with my UI because I played a bit too much with the systems graphic settings but as soon as it's fixed (probably this WE) I'll try to upload my UI on WowInterface (I'll keep you posted in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    That is a really nice set up. I love your power auras. Care to share them?
    Gonna do that this WE too. Any specific aura you'd like to see shared (there's loads of them^^) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnina View Post
    I'm using HolyTrinity (available on Curse I think) for my holy power bar. It's pretty clean and also has the (great) option to play a sound when you have 3 HP which makes it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by eNkHz View Post
    Sup dude, you care to share that UI of yours? It was fucking clean and I love it =) Would be lovley if you put it up for the community, Thanks

Best Regards
    Persephonie
    Hey Persephonie! Thanks for your interest.
    I'm currently fixing a few things on my UI but as soon as I'm done (probably this WE), I'll try to upload it on WowInterface (I'll keep you posted on this thread)

Deleted
    Ty, Kaytemoss, I will look after your UI too

Its the best I seen in this thread

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Hey Persephonie! Thanks for your interest.
    I'm currently fixing a few things on my UI but as soon as I'm done (probably this WE), I'll try to upload it on WowInterface (I'll keep you posted on this thread)
    No, no =) Thanks for YOUR interest =) You've done the work I just liked what you've done.

Thanks bro, have a great day.

Deleted
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...211190944.jpg/

Cant link it to mmo cause im dumb Take a look though
    Last edited by mmoc407a1430e7; 2011-09-27 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Is that Care UI with a few extra addons wakojako?

Quote Originally Posted by Mepp View Post

My current UI, still a work in progress but so far I am very happy with the minimalistic elements.
    Not bad. How have you madet the background panel? Hardcoded or some addon?

Anyway, pixelfonts are sexy, just try to stick with only one through the entire UI and set it to correct size, or it will look ugly. Also, "OUTLINE, MONOCHROME" them all
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.