Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Off topic: But how come I can never post images? I always get the little puzzle piece icon when I try to embed images into my posts
    Because you tried to embed the infopage? Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadrya View Post
    Could you pack&upload your Ui somewhere please, 1650x1050 ress if possible ^^ .
    tldr I've started making a a guide to setting up a UI similar to mine on youtube. It's not done, but I'm adding a video or two every week.

not tldr
    While I appreciate the interest you and many others have shown, I have three objections to just uploading to curse.com or something:
    • Copyright: I didn't write 99% of the code in it, and I don't want to redistribute the work of other programmers/artists/etc without permission. Obtaining that permission would be a complete pain even if they're all willing to give it out.
    • Maintenance: Once you release a UI pack there's a certain expectation that you'll keep it updated with new patches etc. I can't promise I'll be able to live up to that implied promise (or responsibility, if you prefer) so I'd rather not 'trick' people into think I will and then leave them hanging.
    • Specificity: My UI works well because I set it up for what I do: progression 10m raiding on my priest as DPS on a 1080p display with a specific keyboard/mouse. If you're not doing exactly the same thing with exactly the same hardware it'll be less than ideal. I keep multiple UIs around: I have a completely different one for my paladin that tanks 10/25m raids for example, and my notebook computer has another one too optimized for sitting around town chatting with friends and browsing the auction house. As soon as I try to start supporting multiple screen sizes or different roles (casual 25m mage plays very different from heroic 10m priest) the whole thing just gets worse for everybody.

Still, I do get enough questions/comments about my UI that I want to contribute something so that's why I'm doing the video series linked above. I'm working on the "give a man a fish…" school a thought: If I just package up my interface/wtf folders you'll have something that kinda works, maybe, for now. if I show you how I created my UI and talk through my thought process then you'll be able to setup something just as good or better but customized for your own characters/hardware. Maybe you really like how I setup my unit frames but hate Pitbull - if I show how I made the transparent/fill up black box thing then you can do it with sUF or whatever it is you prefer instead. The specific addons that go into a UI aren't that important, it's the way they're put together that makes something useful, interesting, and beautiful.

I'll try to upload one or two a week that show a specific addon or two - by the end of it all you'll have my priest's UI and the thought that went into producing it. Next up will probably be Pitbull.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2011-10-02 at 04:11 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for answering with so many details.
    Now, our guild is 6/7hc atm doing 10's. I play as sp and was interested particularry in the unitframes (I use pitbull also but cant set it up like yours ^^) and the dots tracking using weak auras(I currently use EventHorizon for that wich does the job pretty well -above 95% dots uptime). The rig wich plays Wow is very stable and can take some "punishment".
    I wanted the full package so I can have a base start so to speak, I will not bug you or another artist for updates and things like that.

On the other side I also understand your hesitation in uploading your Ui, the bottom line is that this is your work and you can do whatever you want with it.

I appreciate that you do those vids for the humble mortals ^^-ima keep building from that.

Thx,
    Kadrya.

Quote Originally Posted by Whai View Post
    Combat

I actually love this ;o Any chance for making it download-able? (A)
    Haha, thanks . I have the download up on wowinterface.com as CleanUI, but I have not updated it for 4.2. So...no, I do not support it anymore and here's why. I use a lot of custom borders, over 100 for my UI and the current resolution I play at is 1920x1200. Most people play at 1920x1080 or lower and my UI scales horribly because of the borders, they get severely pixilated. So, until I can make a "pixel-perfect" UI like TukUI or LUI, I won't be uploading it again. Unless you play at 1920x1200, then I can upload it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    Haha, thanks . I have the download up on wowinterface.com as CleanUI, but I have not updated it for 4.2. So...no, I do not support it anymore and here's why. I use a lot of custom borders, over 100 for my UI and the current resolution I play at is 1920x1200. Most people play at 1920x1080 or lower and my UI scales horribly because of the borders, they get severely pixilated. So, until I can make a "pixel-perfect" UI like TukUI or LUI, I won't be uploading it again. Unless you play at 1920x1200, then I can upload it for you.
    It's usually not too hard (if people are willing) to make a bigger reso UI work for yourself. Unless it's like 1920x1200 and you play on a 800x600.. that's just silly. But yeah, I go for the bigger reso ones all the time and just tweak the problem areas. Sometimes the UI looks exactly the same and sometimes it just won't work so I do it my way. But can totally understand where everyone comes from with the updating of UI's.. it definitely isn't a simple thing and your UI is very pretty

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a shot of mine updated since my last post here. It's pretty much as busy/cluttered as it can get.

Download available in my sig.

Deleted
    Is there a reason you have 2 columns of debuffs above your char Care?
    Or are it different categories?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Is there a reason you have 2 columns of debuffs above your char Care?
    Or are it different categories?
    Different filters for different debuffs. Right side monitors all -atkspeed -atkdamage and armour debuffs, left side is for more personal debuffs such as mortal strike, rend, hamstring etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    How come every single one of the worst UIs you will ever see has one addon in common: XPERL?

It's a shame, really. XPERL is pretty nice if you actually bother to configure it.

All of these terrible UIs featuring XPERL has to be the worst advertising for this addon.
    It's kinda like how every single pedophile on Dateline's How to Catch a Predator brings a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade to the kid's house with them.

Worst. Product placement. Ever.
    I'm going to dedicate a day to making a decent X-Perl UI just for you, Thunder. I'll post here and send part directly to you.

Last time I used X-Perl back in Wrath on a 14 inch screen
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2011-10-03 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is mine. It's almost a plain ElvUI, I just added some stuff that helps me press Arcane Blast harder. :3

http://puu.sh/6sPG
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Still need to sort a few of the UF borders, tooltips and I havent touched the minimap yet, but here it is:

In combat:

Out of combat:

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I'm going to dedicate a day to making a decent X-Perl UI just for you, Thunder. I'll post here and send part directly to you.

That is actually pretty sexy. Could use some raid screenshots tho!

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jocasta View Post
    Still need to sort a few of the UF borders, tooltips and I havent touched the minimap yet, but here it is:

In combat:

Out of combat:
    2 things..
    1) what button facade are you using.. it is sexy.
    2) Consider getting a minimap addon to make it blend in more with the square theme you have running through your UI.. consider Chinchilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post

Is that x-perl?! How the hell did you make it so sexy?!?! ;o I've tried alot and never gotten it to look anything like that :c
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alextg94 View Post
    2 things..
    1) what button facade are you using.. it is sexy.
    2) Consider getting a minimap addon to make it blend in more with the square theme you have running through your UI.. consider Chinchilla.
    It's not actually a buttonfacade skin, but a whole icon pack (it's awesome): http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cons-Thin.html. And thanks for the advice about chinchilla, I've had a few people recomend it to me and I love it; I'll edit my screenshots to reflect that soon

Quote Originally Posted by jocasta View Post
    It's not actually a buttonfacade skin, but a whole icon pack (it's awesome): http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cons-Thin.html. And thanks for the advice about chinchilla, I've had a few people recomend it to me and I love it; I'll edit my screenshots to reflect that soon
    Thanks a bunch, cant wait to see em.. and thx ima go download it right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Maori View Post
    In combat:

Out of combat:
    Guessing this is a mod of RealUI?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by alextg94 View Post
    That is actually pretty sexy. Could use some raid screenshots tho![COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 06:39 PM ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Whai View Post
    Is that x-perl?! How the hell did you make it so sexy?!?! ;o I've tried alot and never gotten it to look anything like that :c
    It is X-perl. Screenshot was way back in October last year. Its the only screenshot of the UI I had. If I remember right, I used X-perl, Kgpanels, prat, sexymap, tiptac, and buttonfacade. I used to love using texture skins and all that, though. So I probably spent a lot of time with Kgpanels to get it to look like that.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time on it, but this is what I got with like 10 minutes. Just too tired to really mess with it, and I got raid tomorrow with only one toon.... sooo don't want to raid with X-perl lol

RealUI 7

PS. Thanks for the edits, had just popped in myself to fix up the links
    Last edited by Nibelheim; 2011-10-11 at 05:34 AM.

wow that looks amazing. that really makes me want to rework my ui.