Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Pyyhekumi View Post
    I'm not a big fan of fancy shit, I just make an UI that I like from scratch and adjust along the way when I use it if I want something different. Been using the below for this expansion now. You can click on the pics to make them full size

Out of combat fillfillfillll In combat
    I don't know how you can see anything with that UI...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    I don't know how you can see anything with that UI...
    What do you mean, I can see EVERYTHING with my UI. That might be the problem.

I frown upon using any minimalistic addons/UI packs simply because if I want to see something, it better be there without any "in combat"/"out of combat"/"has a target-"modifiers (like Omen/Recount/Skada/etc addons have).

Suppose I could hide some clutter from my UI, but I can play just fine with that so I don't see the problem.

I guess Mesima means that your Ui setup covers a hug part of your screen. You use loots of info that you actualy dont rly need as ex.:

For what you need to have party frames when raidframes out? since they dont give ya much more info or are not more important then raid;

Tooltip in middle of screen ;
    Minimap at a good vizibility position when you rarely look at it especialy while in raid etc.

Your Ui elements take a big part of screen so you might have problems with the perception of different game encounters/mechanics. But still its all up to you playstyle and graphic wise it seems to be somehow balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    I guess Mesima means that your Ui setup covers a hug part of your screen. You use loots of info that you actualy dont rly need as ex.:

For what you need to have party frames when raidframes out? since they dont give ya much more info or are not more important then raid;

Tooltip in middle of screen ;
    Minimap at a good vizibility position when you rarely look at it especialy while in raid etc.

Your Ui elements take a big part of screen so you might have problems with the perception of different game encounters/mechanics. But still its all up to you playstyle and graphic wise it seems to be somehow balanced.
    Actually tooltip is anchored to my cursor and it just happened to be hovering the rogue and made it pop when I took the screenshot.

I usually don't have my Skada enabled, it's a memory hog and if I needed to, I could check World of Logs for better DPS meters. And the only reason I keep party frames visible is because I have OCD and I have hard time grasping such an empty space otherwise, it needs to be symmetrical.

2x boss HP frames is only because I forgot to disable them when I switched back to DBM from BigWigs.

I just might be bored enough some day to make a new UI from scratch, most of my addons/modules in that UI are outdated anyways.

I'm not a big fan of fancy shit, I just make an UI that I like from scratch and adjust along the way when I use it if I want something different. Been using the below for this expansion now. You can click on the pics to make them full size

Yea.. so a few comments... God... Please God move the minimap OUT of the middle.. It obstructs your view of the fire you may be standing in.. Also, I would move every thing from the horizontal middle of your screen (your action bars and unitframes and raidframes and chat) DOWN... reduces clutter and increases visibility.
    =D just suggestions.. everyone has thier own playstyle and I am by no means telling you what to do.. just a suggestion is all...

What is the timer above your action bars called

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsthegrizzly View Post
    Pretty sure that'd be CoolLine.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerv View Post
    Other than the huge unnecessary portrait, I quite like this Ui.
    A couple suggestions:
    1. Tweak the color for your holy power, that yellow color is nauseating :P Perhaps use a more saturated version of your class color, go pink go!
    2. All your data texts could be bumped up 1 px.
    3. Swap the performance texts (the ones under your chat frame) with the texts under your action bars. The amount of space each grouping takes up will be better balanced with the smaller texts in the middle of the screen.
    4. I would swap the buff flow. Currently you have it flowing right to left on duration remaining, I would swap that to flow left to right.

<3
    Ish

ps. hai treeston /wave

Here goes mine doing 5man.. ill add a raid one later.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-10-31 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Then you can maybe properly link that one yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Other than the huge unnecessary portrait, I quite like this Ui.
    A couple suggestions:
    1. Tweak the color for your holy power, that yellow color is nauseating :P Perhaps use a more saturated version of your class color, go pink go!
    2. All your data texts could be bumped up 1 px.
    3. Swap the performance texts (the ones under your chat frame) with the texts under your action bars. The amount of space each grouping takes up will be better balanced with the smaller texts in the middle of the screen.
    4. I would swap the buff flow. Currently you have it flowing right to left on duration remaining, I would swap that to flow left to right.

<3
    Ish

ps. hai treeston /wave
    True that the holy power looks kinda off, will take a look into it, data texts are pixel font(derp) so if i switch up 1 px they will look off also.
    Buff flow! i didnt even notice it, thanks<3 datatext would also look better the way you're telling us. thx :Pp
    --Almost Heroes is recruiting exceptional players--
    EN 7/7 M - ToV 3/3 M - NH 10/10 M - ToS 6/9 M

--Sig by Shyama--

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsthegrizzly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Pretty sure that'd be CoolLine.
    Actually it's good old ForteXorcist. It also has spell timer module which is really awesome but I only use the cooldown-module.

Quote Originally Posted by alextg94 View Post
    Yea.. so a few comments... God... Please God move the minimap OUT of the middle.. It obstructs your view of the fire you may be standing in.. Also, I would move every thing from the horizontal middle of your screen (your action bars and unitframes and raidframes and chat) DOWN... reduces clutter and increases visibility.
    =D just suggestions.. everyone has thier own playstyle and I am by no means telling you what to do.. just a suggestion is all...
    I will take that into consideration when I rebuild my UI, but so far my feet aren't hurting (standing in fire).

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Right off the bat.. get http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/az-cast-bar
    Seperate your cast bar/enemy cast bar/focus cast bar.. will make for more effective silencing shots and what not...
    Also, consider http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/satrina-buff-frame... redesign your buffs/debuffs...

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, just wasn't sure where to put it. I'd put it where CoolLine is but.. CoolLine is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerv View Post
    True that the holy power looks kinda off, will take a look into it, data texts are pixel font(derp) so if i switch up 1 px they will look off also.
    Buff flow! i didnt even notice it, thanks<3 datatext would also look better the way you're telling us. thx :Pp
    Happy to help, however, I meant that the data texts should have their positions adjusted by 1px, not their size. They should all be moved up by 1 px.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not.

In combat. I don't raid until tomorrow so I'll take a screenshot then.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-11-01 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

My UI pretty much looks liek this but I added Icehud to the mix.

This is how it looks while in raid: http://www.youtube.com/user/eqbobybo.../0/lN8wBQjWJ5A

Can some one help me in tryign to figure out how to hide the blizzard boss frame in raids? It use to be gone with the pitbull hide blizz addon but for a while now the stretched out default one pops up on fights like ryolith showing him and the 2 legs. I really would rather not see the default one as the DBM one is much nicer but can't seem to find how to make it go away! I have hideblizz, the addon for pitbull etc ... I's starting to think its an error caused by Sexymap but can't find any updated minimap addon that is similar >.<

Any help would really be apreciated.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-11-01 at 03:46 PM.

if you can't find an option in your unit frames add-on (which there likely is an option to disable it) download MoveAnything. It will let you do just about anything you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
    if you can't find an option in your unit frames add-on (which there likely is an option to disable it) download MoveAnything. It will let you do just about anything you want.
    that is just the thing I have it dissabled in pitbull but it still pops up... it was an issue that was happening with Sexymap I believe a while back and was fixed. However the author is n longer updating it and the Pitbull option does not remove it, Hideblizz addon does nto remove it etc. I can move it off the screen already have that option but you still see a clipping of it on the side as it is not "dissabled"

Deleted

my new ui , made it myself. few off the addons :

Bartender
    Shadow Unit Frames ( SUF )
    Omen
    Skada
    Mage mana bar
    Mage nuggets
    Forte Xorcist
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-11-01 at 03:47 PM.