Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Real nice UI Speedtrax, good job

I love the look of these type of UI's but find them not very functional for anything other than looking awesome :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post

I love the look of these type of UI's but find them not very functional for anything other than looking awesome :P
    That's not true, I find them to be just as functional or even more functional as any other UI. I guess it all depends on the user and how you use it. I always try and keep it as simplistic as possible, while still carrying out all the relevant information

But thanks !

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Some of the power auras (including the entire bottom-right) aren't active, but shows my in-raid UI.

Gotta say, a minimalstic centered ui, with nice auras can be just as functional as a fairly big cluttered ui with every single little piece of information you can have. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Looks very nice. Small wonder when it's carebear's, but still.
    Aye all the credit on the unitframes, buffs and stExperiencebar config go to care. All I did with the two first was remove the glow border.

Allthough, the elements I swapped out (raidframes, tooltips, minimap, chat) or re-did from scratch with the same addon (actionbars), still look like his for the most part, since it's the same font and fontflag =) so credit on the overall font goes to him as well xD

Edit: And since we've had some old icc pictures turning up, here's one of my messier ones. That combat text.. ugh.

And my first tier of cata one.
    Last edited by Andosup; 2012-01-08 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I don't need to bother anymore

ElvUI
    TellMeWhen
    MicScrollBattleText
    BigWigs
    Ora3
    BOLT
    Skada
    Omen
    PallyPower.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-09 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitz View Post

ElvUI
    TellMeWhen
    MicScrollBattleText
    BigWigs
    Ora3
    BOLT
    Skada
    Omen
    PallyPower.
    what raid frames are those? are those the ElvUI frames? i've not used the raid frames from ElvUI since i had grid
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-01-09 at 06:42 AM.

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    what raid frames are those? are those the ElvUI frames? i've not used the raid frames from ElvUI since i had grid
    Yeah, those are Elv raid frames.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Once you get used to using minimal UIs and design them to be functional you might actually be surprised. Just the smallest bit of a UI could show a huge amount of information.

This screenshot here shows pretty much everything you'd need to know as a shadow priest, buffs, debuffs on both you and your target in a nice minimal way: http://www.wowuigallery.com/bb-galle...510_141726.jpg

and again here: http://www.wowuigallery.com/bb-galle...710_114311.jpg

as a tank. I could see my threat on the target (the small red bar above my player frame), I am tracking my own buffs above my frame and I am able to see my debuffs on the target as well as any buffs they may gain for taunt rotations. Then the ToT frame shows the ToT debuff so I am able to taunt from them if they receive a debuff.

One improvement I did make to the above UI was placing my own debuffs under my player frame so I knew if I was standing in something or had a nasty debuff I was able to ask for a taunt if my co-tank was too slow.

15+ Year Old Account
    My UI in action on Heroic Zon'ozz:

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    That's not true, I find them to be just as functional or even more functional as any other UI. I guess it all depends on the user and how you use it. I always try and keep it as simplistic as possible, while still carrying out all the relevant information

But thanks !
    Look's awesome the UI you put together there, Feel like `Sharing ? ^^
    Last edited by Dready; 2012-01-09 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dready View Post
    Look's awesome the UI you put together there, Feel like `Sharing ? ^^
    hehe, thanks. I don't know about uploading, I seem to be changing my UI more often then I change my own underwear, no idea how the upkeep would be :P

Arhhh, okay. Well maybe u could list witch addons u are using then, if u have time ect .

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Indeed, I can play with this.
    Pretty easily actually.
    I think its to messy for me, but if you like it messy its your call!
    Also, I think you can try change the resolution, i think that would help out alot!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Dready View Post
    Arhhh, okay. Well maybe u could list witch addons u are using then, if u have time ect .
    Sure, that I can do!

Unitframes: Pitbull 4.0
    Action bars: Dominos - with pHisir's buttonfacade skin
    Minimap: qminimap
    Bossmod: DXE - skinned with Ishtara's border and bar textures
    Damagemeter: Skada
    Battletext: Mik's scrolling battletext
    Castbars: Azcastbar
    Chatmod: Chatter
    Raidframes: Grid
    Buff/debuffs: Raven
    Nameplates: Shnameplates
    Tooltips: Tiptac
    Sharedmedia: Ishtara's mediapack for statusbar textures, borders and fonts

Edit: We play on the same server

Deleted

If a minimal UI isn't functional, you just didn't design it well. It's about showing the exact information you need, in the place it's most easy to use. And in most cases, people need to ask themselves WHAT they actually have to know and when. Threat-meters showing 9 people etc. is just plain useless and only takes up places. Combat text in a lot of cases is useless too as you won't even see most of it. It's all in the small things.

But also things like the use of colors, textures, fonts, sizes, positioning, ... truly everything.

This is the only picture I still have of an UI I used, it's my last and in my opinion the best. Pleasing to the eye, very minimal and so easy to use.
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...jpg?w=a769a065

It looked the exact same in a raiding environment (just 10 grid boxes instead of 5 of course) and I really wouldn't know what it needed to show more. A shame I don't have another picture in a raid environment.

p.s. Oh the nostalgia Carebear. All the WIP's, in the end they made some damn fine UI's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    Sure, that I can do!

Unitframes: Pitbull 4.0
    Action bars: Dominos - with pHisir's buttonfacade skin
    Minimap: qminimap
    Bossmod: DXE - skinned with Ishtara's border and bar textures
    Damagemeter: Skada
    Battletext: Mik's scrolling battletext
    Castbars: Azcastbar
    Chatmod: Chatter
    Raidframes: Grid
    Buff/debuffs: Raven
    Nameplates: Shnameplates
    Tooltips: Tiptac
    Sharedmedia: Ishtara's mediapack for statusbar textures, borders and fonts

Edit: We play on the same server
    Hehe what's the chance, playing one the same realm

Thanks alot for the list, will try to copi it if i can

10+ Year Old Account

The one with all the Power Auras in the middle of the screen... I just have those active so you can see some of the ones I use. That's not all of them, and they don't all clutter up my screen at the same time like that under normal circumstances.

Edit: Got em, thanks Treeston!
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2012-01-10 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    Beautiful! No excuse available at all for standing in the fire with that UI, I love it :]

As I mentioned a few posts above, I just can't help myself playing around with UI's.

Got some inspiration watching Andosoup's (spelling?) "version" of Care's UI, so I decided to play with it myself, keep in mind it's not much that has changed. simply just added a few things to the mix.

You can say it's a lot of CareUI, some Andosoup inspiration and a little dash of Ishtara

Anyway

For some reason I have some faded black border around the upper actionbar, can't seem to get rid of it. Anyone that have any idea? (Ractionbuttonstyler/Ractionbarstyler)