Thread: Post Your UI

Wullie:
    Love your UI Wullie. You use a lot of things in your UI which I have in mine like the same button art with Masque and using Prototype font for most if not all of your UI which is my favourite font. Also I like the size of the unit frames; very small and simple which is the way to go.

WoW6000:
    There are many UI's available for you to pick which one you like best, download and try out on WoW Interface: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=28

I would recommend the one I've made but thats incredibly bias of me. I know that TukUI/ElvUI has everything you are looking for and have heard many good things too. LUI is another very popular choice too.
    Last edited by MayronWoW; 2012-04-14 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoW6000 View Post
    Hey All,
    I Was Wondering if anyone could put me together a UI, I'm not sure wether this is the best thread for it,
    ut it convinced me enough to ask.
    A Few things to note(If someone could help me out)
    1)I'm a DPS/Tank Warrior
    2)I like to have alot of buttons Available
    3)I Dont Like it 'Cluttered'
    4)I'd like raid frames that You can target people with

I would be more than greatful if anyone could make me one
    Thanks so much
    WoW6000
    I would advise looking through those people have made already.
    At best it should be inspiration, from which you can ask us for specifics such as individual addons.

You are providing way too little information to really go on.
    You say you want lots of buttons, but dislike clutter. Sounds contradictory to me.
    You give no preferences as to how you can read cooldowns/durations, be it bars, countdowns etc.
    Your screen resolution and any "essential" or preferred addons that you can't do without.

There is never a simple answer to someone wanting a UI, but people typically suggesting the likes of ElvUI are often too blind to see that because a UI suits them that it will everyone else.
    In fact I would go as far as to suggest most such users had to compromise in the first place and simply put it down to "getting used to it".
    A UI which suits your needs should never be something you need to adjust to.
    You adjust it to your needs, not you to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance View Post
    My new UI:

can u share your ui looks nice

my current raiding UI

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-04-15 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyScout View Post
    Right before Cataclysm launched, I did a Cata themed UI with assets pulled from the Cata website. So with MoP on the horizon, I decided to do another one for panda land.

I empathized looks and keeping it somewhat faithful to Blizzard's artstyle, with enough information for me to get by. But yeah, obviously I got the assets from the MoP site, with some Photoshopping done. Mostly built around DPS and tanking, as I've never healed anything more advanced than normal five mans. Although you could easily set it up for healing if you'd move the player and target frames to the sides and getting the Grid inbetween.
    That is amazing!
    Some things I would change though:
    -Disable combat texts from the unit frames (miss on your target frame)
    -Maybe move the chat back down and get rid of the strings holding it. It's a great idea but looks a bit busy for an UI IMO.
    -Change timestamp color to white/channel color.
    -Get Raven buff/debuff addon so you can use masque(button facade) on your buffs as well.
    -You could propably put the micro menu above your right action bars similiar to how your pet bar is placed
    -If you have extra time on your hads, you can make similiar borders for your party/raid frames with kgpanels using the show/hide functions. (Or can you add borders like you have on player and target in some unit frame addon?)

Again, I'm only speaking my mind because I think your UI looks phenomenal!

Video (LFR): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cl8jGEQ-b8

I'll upload it next weekend.

Last edited by Senathor; 2012-04-15 at 05:06 PM.

I've been making some changes to my UI, any critique is welcome.

I've already fixed the cast bar border to match the unit frames, but I still need to style the boss timers to match the rest of the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoXV8 View Post
    This is my new UI:

Just changed around a lot of things and this is the first instance I've done since fixing the UI up. Its in a 5 Man instance as a DPS.
    Tell me what you think
    This is amazing - i need to have it. Do you have any details, config etc. PM is fine

Thanks

The cast bar that is being used in this video for his cobra shots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uADJF...hannel&list=UL what is it called?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YUMP View Post
    The cast bar that is being used in this video for his cobra shots what is it called?
    AzCastbar wowinterface.com/downloads/info7458-AzCastBar.html

It's nearly impossible to name a single castbar doing that job. But basing on the fact that it has (what seems like) a GCD bar, that it would be Quartz - not ACB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    This is amazing - i need to have it. Do you have any details, config etc. PM is fine

Thanks
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ingandDPS.html
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Started WoW few weeks ago, started making a new UI (Nowhere near finished... this is it so far)

http://i.imgur.com/I30CP.jpg
    I looks nice so far, simple and clean, they way i like it!

Deleted
    Any idea's that can help me make this look better are more then welcome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    It's nearly impossible to name a single castbar doing that job. But basing on the fact that it has (what seems like) a GCD bar, that it would be Quartz - not ACB.
    It is Azcastbar, cause this is KrippUI and he listed Azcastbar not quartz

10+ Year Old Account

This is the most recent image I could find, there are custom nameplates and combat text. Sorry about the size, been trying to figure out how to shrink it.

See this.
    ~Treeston
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-04-16 at 02:41 PM.

I made some minor layout modifications - posting a screen as soon as i get home.

For the rest i feel that my UI is in a good shape, and cannot wait to get my hands on mop beta so i can start the update for the next expansion.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Decided to change up my UI just a teensy little bit today. Basically just trying Skada over Recount (so I can have both Damage and Healing windows up simultaneously) and I'm giving SexyMap a try. I went a little nuts with the map, but I love it

My pet peeves about my UI right now:
    - Dislike the coordinates & zone appearance. I'm at least glad I can change the colors, but I don't like the border around it and such.
    - Is there a way to have the addon buttons detached from the map?
    - I have ForteXorcist to track dots and buffs and such below my raid frame, but when multidotting it will get cut off the screen because there's too many dots up and such. Any way to have it shift to the side once it reaches the bottom of the screen? Never could think of a solution to this other than moving the position of where I keep track of my dots, but I like this position.
    - Enemy cast bars - I use Quartz for my cast bars and it works wonderfully. I dislike the enemy cast bar that comes with it though, and it's nothing like the regular cast bars. Is there a decent addon for enemy cast bars?

A two week old screenshot of my previous UI: http://i.imgur.com/RJSoQ.jpg
    Last edited by Ellumina; 2012-04-16 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    - Dislike the coordinates & zone appearance. I'm at least glad I can change the colors, but I don't like the border around it and such.
    I don't have any experience with SexyMap (that's the minimap you're running with, right?). But other minimap addons usually give you the option to hide the border/background for the zone and coordinates text. Chinchilla and PocketPlot do, at least.

- Is there a way to have the addon buttons detached from the map?
    I know of a few addons which will attempt to "gather" the minimap icons into one expandable and movable icon, but I would recommend getting a DataBroker display-bar (such as ChocolateBar or DockingStation), since most addons these days will support DataBroker and give you the option to hide their minimap icon. DataBroker display-bars are very similar to titanpanel, but you can customize the looks quite a bit more. You could easily make DataBroker blend in with the theme you've got going.

- I have ForteXorcist to track dots and buffs and such below my raid frame, but when multidotting it will get cut off the screen because there's too many dots up and such. Any way to have it shift to the side once it reaches the bottom of the screen? Never could think of a solution to this other than moving the position of where I keep track of my dots, but I like this position.
    I wouldn't wanna play WoW without my ForteXorcist. To my knowledge, it's not possible for FX to shift the DoT-bars to one side. I usually set an upper limit on how many maximum bars I want FX to display, at any given time. You can also blacklist buffs/debuffs, if your FX-bars are filling up with random stuff (typically in a raid setting).

- Enemy cast bars - I use Quartz for my cast bars and it works wonderfully. I dislike the enemy cast bar that comes with it though, and it's nothing like the regular cast bars. Is there a decent addon for enemy cast bars?
    Open the Quartz config window by using "/quartz" and look for the option, in the left side of the config window, called "Target". Target = enemy cast bars, and you can customize every last bit of it, in this section of the Quartz config. There's also "Focus" for the focus enemy cast bar.