Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    That setup is fairly involved - it's got a one-off addon, a metric crapload of one-off lua, and some pretty hacked up pitbull code to make it all work.
    I thought about adding it as a trick to my weak auras series (because you can do that sort of thing with it) but I decided against it when I realized the topics are fairly complicated to explain to non-programmers.

This time I'm keeping track of where I got fonts/audio/etc, I'm avoiding stuff I wouldn't be able to distribute (like expensive fonts) and planning ahead to have permission to distribute addons with my additions. If all that falls through, I've got git racking my changes to addons so I could just toss up some diffs and you could make my UI in 10 seconds.

No promises yet, but I'm planning ahead for sharing my UI way more than I have in the past. Look for more closer to patch 5.0
    Well GL with that man. Can't wait to see what you're gonna come up with next.

I don't really need more tbh. And it's 5760*1080 as far as I can tell, Joyful.

P.S. Hi Qesh or w/e your priests name is now :d
    Last edited by Xintic; 2014-12-14 at 02:09 PM.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post

I don't really need more tbh. And it's 5760*1080 as far as I can tell, Joyful.

P.S. Hi Qesh or w/e your priests name is now :d
    I see you're still in your default ui phase, eh :P

and yeh. I've had a diablo funded race change AND namechange since you left. Cba with people giving me genital related nicknames man. Srs.

- - - - - -

Added some shiz (better buff/debuff timer text, matching floating combat text, ex/rep bar), swapped tictac with freebtip (managing to keep the look, 'cept for slightly thicker healthbar), leaving me with only stuf, grid and tellmewhen having resolution issues if I plan on uploading the ui. :>

Random alt shots with shiz

Quote Originally Posted by Andosup View Post
    On the discussion of the default ui. It's not as bad as it used to be. Atleast now you can have party frames look like raid frames and the ability to move/unlock the player/target frames. My main problem with the default used to be the frames being so far away up in the corner. Target debuffs, health, spell cd's and your own raidawareness too far away from each other. It's ok now tho :> atleast just to play beta.

--------

Decied to try out a retro wotlk style minimalistic setup. I'm not sure which one is best. :< Help?

What addon do you use for the unit frames? Is it part of a total UI conversion mod?

Quote Originally Posted by transorD View Post
    What addon do you use for the unit frames? Is it part of a total UI conversion mod?
    He is using Stuf for his unit frames

Deleted
    Added some shiz (better buff/debuff timer text, matching floating combat text, ex/rep bar), swapped tictac with freebtip (managing to keep the look, 'cept for slightly thicker healthbar), leaving me with only stuf, grid and tellmewhen having resolution issues if I plan on uploading the ui. :>

Random alt shots with shiz
    what addon do you use for the party frames?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably grid or vuhdo.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    more like a customized oUF/stuf/whatever

Epic quote post inc

Quote Originally Posted by transorD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    He is using Stuf for his unit frames
    Quote Originally Posted by castalya View Post
    what addon do you use for the party frames?
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Probably grid or vuhdo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    more like a customized oUF/stuf/whatever
    Wish I was clever enough to make an ouf that looks like that. But yeh it's just grid (with "GridInvertedColor" plugin) for party/raid and Stuf for every other unitframe xD /luabaddie

I never saw a need for party frames. Allways just used raid frames for it.

On a random note to he guy I talked to about resolutions. Back home for 2 days, gonna see how easy the ui is to transfer to my 1680x1050 screen.
    Last edited by Andosup; 2012-07-03 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    reflux addon can help there

Deleted
    Epic quote post inc

Wish I was clever enough to make an ouf that looks like that. But yeh it's just grid (with "GridInvertedColor" plugin) for party/raid and Stuf for every other unitframe xD /luabaddie

I never saw a need for party frames. Allways just used raid frames for it.

On a random note to he guy I talked to about resolutions. Back home for 2 days, gonna see how easy the ui is to transfer to my 1680x1050 screen.
    oooh i see

and what do you use to make your cast bar? (as i see on your priest) is it Stuf? or a seperate addon like quartz? I've been trying for an hour and I can make neither look right :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lotzadotz View Post
    Nice and simple, Love it. Any chance off a Upload?? (im crap with LUA)
    It's Tukui there are tons of edits that you can choose from here

still just the stuf one. It doesm't seem to have an option for channeled ticks but for anything else it's good yeh.

Deleted
    still just the stuf one. It doesm't seem to have an option for channeled ticks but for anything else it's good yeh.
    aaah thanks i figured out where i was going wrong, i left the transparency of the top color on the cast bar as 0 xD

How do i create these borders arround my bars?
    I'm usig stuf but all that i can do is to set my background to black color and fit my bars in so that is seems i get a 1 px broder.
    I also want my power bars seperated from each other...

[Edit] Thanks for the uplouding the UI I think i'll just mess around with your Unit frames to figure out how to create these borders
    Last edited by Brother; 2012-07-05 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitschi View Post
    reflux addon can help there
    I could have sworn reflux just sorted profiles (most of my addons are only lua) or pretended to be, profiles for addons that don't have then (such as stuf) and does nothing with resolutions. Unless you expect me to make a profile for every possible resolution out there. ^^

If I'm wrong though, thats fantastic. :P

- - - -

Also to those wanting to give my mess of a ui a spin I got it explained and uploaded here, shamelessly uploaded on guild website.

Hell, you guys struggeling with stuf can copy my wtf for that over and modify mine to what you want.

Edit: and before anyone does. Please don't spam this place with comments/bugs/whatever. Just send me pms. There's already been enough messages about my crap ui in the last pages of this thread xD
    Last edited by Andosup; 2012-07-04 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks, I'll borrow some elements for my new UI. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I've picked up some new hardware and have a few ideas for now to make an interesting UI.
    I blew everything out and I'm starting from scratch.

Day 1: make some unit frames that update on events that I've fired rather than on combat log events. That'll let me put a "processor" between the combat log and the things that display data and do "clever tricks".

I've lugged all the televisions into the house to make one giant wall of video-game nerdiness (and to test performance of an eyefinity setup). It's been pretty good so far: I'm probably going to go buy some regular computer monitors and keep it permanently. For now the giant pixels on the tv screens made pixel fonts actually viable - normally I hate those.
    Looking foreward for more youtube video's Touchy!

Anyway, here's mine, ready for MoP.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9416/discoui6.jpg

Build from scratch thanks to TouchyMcFeel and his awesome youtube UI guides!
    Last edited by TomDeBaere; 2012-07-05 at 09:20 PM. Reason: IMG Fix.

oUF is not that hard to grasp - my UI is completely done with it. Worse to use maybe, but it has even more possibilities than STUF.

EDIT: i think i fixed all the bad things with my UI for MoP. Today/tomorrow i'm going to make the elements like shadow orbs, harmony bar and lock bars. After that, AURAS.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-07-06 at 06:39 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    oUF is not that hard to grasp - my UI is completely done with it. Worse to use maybe, but it has even more possibilities than STUF.

EDIT: i think i fixed all the bad things with my UI for MoP. Today/tomorrow i'm going to make the elements like shadow orbs, harmony bar and lock bars. After that, AURAS.
    It has more possibilities, true. But you need a good load of Lua skills (compared to Stuf) to use these possibilities. And thats the biggest problem for the most. Me included, sadly.
    I settled now for Stuf again, I am not happy with it but I have not the time to really make my UI like I "drawed" it in oUF :<

I need a personal oUF slave. :O

(Ah, screenshot coming this evening)
    oh, honey.