Thread: Post Your UI

@ Quse

Much, much better. Stretched icons doesn't look right. And I wouldn't change the chat font. Pixel fonts as chat are sh*t.
    I like it!
    oh, honey.

Here's my current UI:

(a bit newer SS: http://i.imgur.com/p4JAw.jpg)
    It's made for Razer Naga in mind. The four actionbars imitate keyboard and the Naga (for easier keybind memorisation).

Also, here's my Panda-Proof UI that I'm working on for MoP:

Besides minimap, only things that are shown are (probably) done.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-08-21 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notalive View Post
    Here's my current UI:
    *snip*
    (a bit newer SS: http://i.imgur.com/p4JAw.jpg)
    It's made for Razer Naga in mind. The four actionbars imitate keyboard and the Naga (for easier keybind memorisation).

Also, here's my Panda-Proof UI that I'm working on for MoP:
    *snip*
    Besides minimap, only things that are shown are (probably) done.
    Whats with all the empty buttons? Isnt it a bit of a waste of space if your only using the ones with an ability in?

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post
    Whats with all the empty buttons? Isnt it a bit of a waste of space if your only using the ones with an ability in?
    from the looks of it, hes a level 1 on beta... doesn't have a lot of abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    from the looks of it, hes a level 1 on beta... doesn't have a lot of abilities.
    I think he ment the pitcure above which is his main. And there is indeed much space!

Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    I think he ment the pitcure above which is his main. And there is indeed much space!
    Did see that, though for some reason, maybe because of how its quoted, I thought he was referring to the bottom picture. Though what you said does make more sense when I look at the top picture- though a simple answer for that would be that the base UI was completed and doing it for testing while "filling" the buttons as he went along.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    @ Quse

Much, much better. Stretched icons doesn't look right. And I wouldn't change the chat font. Pixel fonts as chat are sh*t.
    I like it!
    I hate the hell out of a pixel font in my chat font and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Where is the threat bar? i cannot find it :*(
    It's right above the target frame under the buffs. I had the font hidden last night, but I added it back in, still not sure how I feel about it yet. I still need to edit the threat colors to make them match the overall "brightness" of the other colors and make it stand out more.

forgot to up the screenshot quality on beta =/
    Last edited by Quse; 2012-08-21 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    Only shot I have from tonight with the threat bar (Tribes called my name instead):
    1. You have two sets of combat texts.
    2. Your tool tip text is minimal enough to be able to use your pixel font imo.
    3. Your warrior class color is quite...orange. It's not a design flaw, but it could stand to be a bit more tan-ish. Tan can still be vibrant
    4. The top left corner of the Ui seems very very heavy.
    5. The Target's and ToT's name texts are the only texts that drop below their respective frames. Any particular reason why? All other texts (excluding nameplates) are contained within their frame. The choice to exclude only the name texts on the target and tot frame seems rather random.
    6. I assume the frame on the right is a boss frame. Imo you don't need level text or exact hp text on this frame. Also, put the name inside the frame
    7. The outline on your chat text could be not quite so thick imo.
    8. Get rid of the error text imo.
    9. The party role indicator on your group frames could be bumped up a few pixels.
    10. Your stack count text on your auras could also be bumped inwards a few pixels. It looks messy sitting right on the edge of the icons.
    11. Do you need debuff type coloration for your debuff icons on the target frame?
    12. Your buff frame could use a flow scheme. Also, don't love the yellow time text. No other time text in the Ui is yellow.

GL
    <3
    Ish
    Last edited by Ishtara; 2012-08-21 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

How do you up your screenshot quality? One way I know of doesnt work!

Looking to upload my UI with my new unitframes, its a huge improvement.

When a wild forum troll appears

http://www.wowwiki.com/Changing_the_screenshot_format

/console screenshotQuality 10 -> /console screenshotFormat tga -> photoshop export .png

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    How do you up your screenshot quality? One way I know of doesnt work!

Looking to upload my UI with my new unitframes, its a huge improvement.
    /console screenshotFormat tga -- changes the format to a higher quality one
    /console screenshotQuality 10 -- ups the .jpg quality.

@ish
    1 - I got rid of Eavesdrop/cascade and wanted a way to still see inc dmg/heals. I tried using xCT as an outgoing dmg/healing replacement but hated it too much (I need to reduce the number of visible lines and font size of the inc text, though).
    2- Pretty sure I swapped in the pixel text for the tooltip sometime forever ago, don't really know why I didn't keep it. I'll give it a try again.
    3 - Haven't been happy with the warrior class color... ever ever.
    4 - The top left of the UI is just, dumb (and with dps frames, it'll be even heavier). Boss mod timers aren't normally there, it was just a quick and temporary placement, still not sure where to place them.
    5 - Name placement is just what came with the oUF layout, I think it looks good. I'll try fooling around with dropping the raid frame name to below the HP bar and see how it looks, but aside from that I don't see what else I'd really change.
    6 - I'll drop it to just the % value. I'll probably still keep the name below the frame to match the UF style, in addition, the boss castbar is the HP bar and I've dropped the castbar text inside the frame.
    7 - I think it's the shadow or something, that outline is the plain-jane "OUTLINE" and I didn't notice a difference when I set "THINOUTLINE" (are they even a different outline?).
    8 - Error text is gone, I haven't gone through and added in the monk texts (like not enough chi, etc...).
    9 - Forgot to bump them up with the latest changes!
    10 - Same as above, forgot about them.
    11 - I'm still working on buff/debuff junk on the target frame, but no probably not. Really only look at it when targeting a friendly unit.
    12 - Buff frame is about as default as it can get apart from skinning/size/placement. Outside of getting a new buff styling addon, I don't think there's much I can do about it. Come to think of it, I can probably just add a SetColor somewhere and change it. Rest of the timer texts (tullercc and UF's) just need to be changed manually.

Thanks for the feedback - time to mess around with junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    How do you up your screenshot quality?
    You can also just paste it in MSPaint, or Photoshop, or any other image software, and save as whatever format you'd like.

I use .png when I want quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by James4444 View Post
    Trying to go with a very clean yet nice looking UI.
    I'm thinking of changing my unit frame and I'm open to suggestions.
    Have you even read any of the posts in this thread?
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Small update, had a busy day so didnt get nearly as much as I would of liked to get done, but fixed some MSBT, Runes, Bagnon, OPie, VuhDo and Raven. I am really pleased with how Raven turned out as well as my WeakAuras.

Still to do for tomorrow; Fix TidyPlates and try work on the issue I was having with Enraged Regeneration in WA. Hoping to have fixed those before raid tomorrow so I can post a raid screenshot
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Looking for feedback on the current setup of my unit frame area.

http://i.imgur.com/CaBqI.png

Serenity when active matches my cast bar color.

Focus Target -- Pet -- Player -- Target
    Focus -- Personal Cast Bar -- Target of Target
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-08-22 at 06:00 AM.

Looks decent , only think i would do is eventualy adding some border to unitframes similar to that used on your runic powerbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post

Small update, had a busy day so didnt get nearly as much as I would of liked to get done, but fixed some MSBT, Runes, Bagnon, OPie, VuhDo and Raven. I am really pleased with how Raven turned out as well as my WeakAuras.

Still to do for tomorrow; Fix TidyPlates and try work on the issue I was having with Enraged Regeneration in WA. Hoping to have fixed those before raid tomorrow so I can post a raid screenshot
    Two things:

1. I like it. Simple, informative.

2. What's that ICD monitor addon?

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Two things:

1. I like it. Simple, informative.

2. What's that ICD monitor addon?
    1. Thanks, any critisism is welcome!

2. ExtraCD
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

It's right above the target frame under the buffs. I had the font hidden last night, but I added it back in, still not sure how I feel about it yet. I still need to edit the threat colors to make them match the overall "brightness" of the other colors and make it stand out more.

Knowing that, and looking back at the screenshot, still i don't see it well (maybe bacuse it's mostly transparent). Imho look for a better place there it gets lost.

EDIT: as for threat colors and overall colors i use 1,0,0 - 1,1,0 - 0,1,0.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-08-22 at 03:10 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

displaying pretty much everything except debuffs in that one.

I also took to move and minimize the realid polishbox ala elv style

edit: @Jeremypwnz: I would change the title bar color on skada to something that matches a bit more than just a thick black line.
    Last edited by Xintic; 2012-08-22 at 06:08 PM.

armory - retired