Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Ohai Ish

I'll bring you music since the post limit is 10 characters.

... okey...
    You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

So I'm not doing that either, well John Butler - Ocean (Studio Version) then!

Success! Had a little "play-around" with KuiNameplates and managed to edit the font and texture.

Now all I need to do is sort out some nice looking raid frames and figure out how to change the font on my Power Aura timers. Making the transition to Weak Auras has been suggested but that could be fairly time-consuming. (I have a lot of Power Auras on a lot of characters :P)
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-10 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Success! Had a little "play-around" with KuiNameplates and managed to edit the font and texture.

Now all I need to do is sort out some nice looking raid frames and figure out how to change the font on my Power Aura timers. Making the transition to Weak Auras has been suggested but that could be fairly time-consuming. (I have a lot of Power Auras on a lot of characters :P)
    I use Weak auras and it's amazing.
    I got A LOT of help from this video by Touchymcfeel where he goes through most of the features. He's got an entire series about UI. Try that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA5MgSeSj3s

Deleted
    Using the Tukui layout, because I suck at making stuff look nice.

Took a screenshot just now, because I don't really have any. Sitting on a new computer. Basically, only power auras, battle text font, and clcinfo are tweaked by myself.

(how in hell do i link a smaller picture, that goes enlarged in a new window when you click it?)

Here's a link.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-11 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Looks beautiful!

im so clever and innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Celticmoon
    please upload this.
    its exactly what im looking for, and im too stupid to actually be able to create it.

/beg
    Look for KaitUI on WOW Interface ! (:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia View Post
    So I'm not doing that either, well John Butler - Ocean (Studio Version) then!
    Good choice of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Do you really need 2 holy power bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    3. More of a 2a but, can I make one profile for all my addons? So I can just do something like "Hunter UI" or "Healing UI" and it changes all the addon profiles at once.
    Reflux, maybe.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc36ab626ca9; 2012-09-11 at 10:19 AM.

A thumbnail would be lovely.

And what exactly are your tweaks? It looks like ElvUI with Affinitis position of Vuhdo/Grid/whateverframesthatare.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    A thumbnail would be lovely.

And what exactly are your tweaks? It looks like ElvUI with Affinitis position of Vuhdo/Grid/whateverframesthatare.
    Minor tweaks, many of them not visible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Minor tweaks, many of them not visible at all.
    No one wants to see your carbon copy of ElvUI.
    Honestly.

Post something original, not something that is posted every 4th UI.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    No one wants to see your carbon copy of ElvUI.
    Honestly.

Post something original, not something that is posted every 4th UI.
    That's wrong, even if I don't like ElvUI or TukUI. The thread is about posting your UI, nowhere it says "post something special or so".

If we would go the "post only original UI"-route we would only see 2 UIs in a year.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-09-11 at 12:15 PM.
    oh, honey.

That's wrong, even if I don't like ElvUI or TukUI. The thread is about posting your UI, nowhere it says "post something special or so".

If we would go the "post only original UI"-route we would only see 2 UIs in a year.
    It's a literal copy of UIs we've seen 100s of times.
    No visual differences.

Deleted

Amen <3
    if every author that made a ui (not addons) only posted unique ui's there would be hardly any, as you ask anyone thats made anything,
    even Tuk that made tukui
    Everyone has elements or has taken inspiration from someone else's creation
    Elv, Tukui took "Alot" of inspiration from Caith ui,
    it even says in the credits inspired by Caith,
    and if you look through all 333 pages here, you can see many people have taken insipration from other peoples ui's this does not make them copy's as there are different they just took a good idea and tailored it to there own liking,

other examples
    Armani t-shirt,
    Nike T-Shirt,
    there both the same only difference is the design of the logo. there still based off the same thing and they are not unique yet they are both available on the shelf to buy,
    100% agree with Lyn here

I'm ol' school I'm classic! I use the WoW default ui baby! I can't stand addon ui's too many buttons and icons are too small. I'm one of a kind lol

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Amen <3
    if every author that made a ui (not addons) only posted unique ui's there would be hardly any, as you ask anyone thats made anything,
    even Tuk that made tukui
    Everyone has elements or has taken inspiration from someone else's creation
    Elv, Tukui took "Alot" of inspiration from Caith ui,
    it even says in the credits inspired by Caith,
    and if you look through all 333 pages here, you can see many people have taken insipration from other peoples ui's this does not make them copy's as there are different they just took a good idea and tailored it to there own liking,

other examples
    Armani t-shirt,
    Nike T-Shirt,
    there both the same only difference is the design of the logo. there still based off the same thing and they are not unique yet they are both available on the shelf to buy,
    100% agree with Lyn here
    Lol, you should decide what your point is before posting.

You say you agree with Lyn, but then agree with my point.
    I said people shouldnt upload exact copies of other peoples UIs.
    Which you seem to agree with by sighting inspiration.

My point was no wants to see the EXACT same UI posted by 100 different people.
    Inspiration does not mean 100% the same.

The poster I mentioned even said their UI was graphically exactly the same, no changes.

I don't think it really matters. The thread is about posting what your current UI is, isn't it?

Can we discuss this in a different thread? ;D
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    I'm ol' school I'm classic! I use the WoW default ui baby! I can't stand addon ui's too many buttons and icons are too small. I'm one of a kind lol
    Customization is exactly for that purpose. Choosing how many buttons, how big etc. It seems you don't quite understand it.