Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    You did not receive Hal's textures from that link.
    The stock SharedMedia does not supply his texture pack.
    My SharedMedia, however, does contain Hal's textures along with many many others.
    <3
    Mine, too! And the old rainboooooooow I used in one of my old UIs xD
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Mine, too! And the old rainboooooooow I used in one of my old UIs xD
    Ohmahgahd, mine has a rainbow tex too!
    Let's be rainbow pals

Ohmahgahd, mine has a rainbow tex too!
    Let's be rainbow pals
    Rainbooooooooooooooooooooooowwwws!! :'D

Oh, I'll add a new screenshot tonight (don't want to spam all day here)
    oh, honey.

Here's mine. I just spent the past couple days working on it, since I trashed my old one when I stopped playing a while ago.
    Last edited by Zairia; 2012-09-13 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted

Anyone know what line in quartz LUA (and file) to change to remove the big gap between the casting bar and the edge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zairia View Post
    <snip> .
    Loving it!

Deleted
    Ish or Lyn,
    any chance any of your shared media files are hosted anywhere for download? im at work at the moment so dont have the bandwidth to download ish ui and check if its there

on a side note. how the hell would you impliment a rainbow into a ui? that i have to see?

You did not receive Hal's textures from that link.
    The stock SharedMedia does not supply his texture pack.
    My SharedMedia, however, does contain Hal's textures along with many many others.
    <3
    To be honest with you, I could not fully remember where I got the textures from :P It was a close guess though

In other news; here is a combat screenshot I said I would supply

Considering moving the castbar closer to the centre of the screen (Above the actionbar) as it's not as easy to notice as it used to be.
    Will most likely put portraits back on the unitframes because let's face it; they look dull.

EDIT: The font on my Skada is being annoyingly ugly. Don't know what is causing the font to mess up :\
    And I need to remove the blizzard boss frames :P
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-13 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Ish or Lyn,
    any chance any of your shared media files are hosted anywhere for download? im at work at the moment so dont have the bandwidth to download ish ui and check if its there

on a side note. how the hell would you impliment a rainbow into a ui? that i have to see?
    My media folder:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/eRP7KKfT/...l?refurl=d1url

Put it in your addons folder along side whatever SharedMedia folder you use.

<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    To be honest with you, I could not fully remember where I got the textures from :P It was a close guess though

<snip>

Considering moving the castbar closer to the centre of the screen (Above the actionbar) as it's not as easy to notice as it used to be.
    Will most likely put portraits back on the unitframes because let's face it; they look dull.

EDIT: The font on my Skada is being annoyingly ugly. Don't know what is causing the font to mess up :\
    i love it. but theres one thing thats triggering my OCD
    the space between the bottom of the screen and the minimap, and the space between the top of the screen and the buffs. should be the same. at least in my opinion, also weres the rest of the raid frames :P
    overall tho its damn good

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 04:50 PM ----------

My media folder:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/eRP7KKfT/...l?refurl=d1url

Put it in your addons folder along side whatever SharedMedia folder you use.

<3
    I knew there was a reason i worshiped you <3 xxx thank you
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-13 at 08:01 PM.

Zairia... I really like your grid and unit frame setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post

<snip>

1. I am slowly getting use to that elongated minimap. I would never get use to the elongated button skin that ppl use sometimes, but the minimap is growing on me.
    2. I would shove the clock text into one of the corners of the minimap and also bump it away from the edge of the minimap by another pixel or two.
    3. I am confident that you can come up with a more creative solution to notifying yourself that you are in combat. (The swords are ugly)
    4. The numbers on your cooldown bar between your unitframes need to be bumped to the right 1 px.
    5. I do not enjoy the placement of your count numbers on your aura frames. (kinda on the edge but not really & being overlapped by time text)
    6. I hate when people use a " | " symbol to separate health text. With stuf I would use the following for my health text:
    [curhp] [hpthreshold:Perchp]
    That will give you separation between health texts while increasing function and removing unnecessary symbols and freeing up some pixels. You also don't need the " % " symbol either if you use color to differentiate the health texts as I suggest.

An example of what I mean:
    Some old unitframes of mine

Lastly,
    Please don't add the portraits back, you should definitely be able to find a more creative way to add spice and flavor to your unit frames without using something so unnecessary and distracting.

<3
    Ish

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    I knew there was a reason i worshiped you <3 xxx thank you
    I will be expecting images in my inbox tonight of the shrine that you have built in my honor.
    hehe
    <3
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-13 at 08:02 PM.

Deleted
    Just updated my UI (MayronUI Gen2). Now you can safely replace Grid with another Raid Frame addon or just disable it. Also created more KgPanel layouts and much more.

- Out of Combat
    - Questing on a Mage
    - 10 player Raid with 2 Bars open at the bottom
    - You can have the Chat Box in the Bottom Left hand Corner
    Addon to setup UI automatically.

You can download this if you want or to find out more information go to the link in my signature below.

1. I am slowly getting use to that elongated minimap. I would never get use to the elongated button skin that ppl use sometimes, but the minimap is growing on me.
    2. I would shove the clock text into one of the corners of the minimap and also bump it away from the edge of the minimap by another pixel or two.
    3. I am confident that you can come up with a more creative solution to notifying yourself that you are in combat. (The swords are ugly)
    4. The numbers on your cooldown bar between your unitframes need to be bumped to the right 1 px.
    5. I do not enjoy the placement of your count numbers on your aura frames. (kinda on the edge but not really & being overlapped by time text)
    6. I hate when people use a " | " symbol to separate health text. With stuf I would use the following for my health text:

That will give you separation between health texts while increasing function and removing unnecessary symbols and freeing up some pixels. You also don't need the " % " symbol either if you use color to differentiate the health texts as I suggest.
    An example of what I mean:
    Some old unitframes of mine
    /snip

Lastly,
    Please don't add the portraits back, you should definitely be able to find a more creative way to add spice and flavor to your unit frames without using something so unnecessary and distracting.
    <3
    1. As soon as I saw that Quse had made a rectangle minimap, I wanted one. :P

2. Putting the clock in the corner of the map looks silly in my opinion, I like it in the middle. However, I did bump it up by one pixel and it looks a bit cleaner.

3. I agree. Removed it completely. It's obvious when I'm resting, and it's obvious when I'm being chased by a bear. (See picture below)

4. Done.

5. I am so used to having the timer text in the middle of the buff and the count text on the outside. I have no intention to change that I'm afraid. However I did move the count text a little bit to avoid it being overlapped by the timer text.

6. Hmm, I thought it was a good idea :P I have changed it now though so there is no " | ". (See picture from #4) I tested the 'colour by threshold' way of showing percentages and did not like it at all. Made the unitframe look like a clown had got his bright, colourful hands all over it. I prefer the font being white. :P Also removed the % symbol because I don't need to be told that the particular number is a percentage every time I look at it.

As for making the unitframe look less boring without adding the portraits back, all I did was add my player's name back to the player unitframe. Of course I don't need it, but at least it breaks up the plain, boring health bar a bit.

Finally, I placed my player castbar above the actionbars again so I can cast spells and have it sitting on the edge of my vision. (More specifically, I don't have to look at my castbar to know that I'm casting a spell)

2.Yep, clock looks good in the middle now.
    4. Much better!
    5. Looks so much better just moving it over like that, nice
    6. I didn't mention this before because I forgot you just switched to Stuf. You can change each color of the hpthreshold in the general options panel all the way at the bottom so you could start with white text for instance and have it fade directly to red as the target is dying. Rather than fading from green to yellow to red. Just something to play around with. But the unitframe texts do look mucho better now!

Regarding the display of your player name, why can't you put your mana text there? (or your health text if the text on the right is already your mana text.) If you don't want to do that you could replace the name text with status text so that it displays "resting" or "in combat" etc. Any of that would be more useful than your name

Lastly, have you tried using different textures since removing the portrait? That can add flavor to your health bars

<3
    Ish

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting my UI ready for a 4 day marathon for MoP. I just need to work on the power auras and get rid of the super mile long list of buffs/debuffs on the unitframes.

Out of Combat

In Combat

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-13 at 08:02 PM.

1. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...312_210545.jpg
    2. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...312_211232.jpg

I am still not sure about the loot frame (these are the ones of Quse UI, bit modified).. money loot overlaps second item sometimes.. and such. :/
    Meh.. can't decide..
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-09-13 at 07:13 PM. Reason: second screenshot
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Pixil, your UI possible for a DL? Or just used for own purposes? Either way, I like the way your going with it!.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Using the Tukui layout, because I suck at making stuff look nice.

Took a screenshot just now, because I don't really have any. Sitting on a new computer. Basically, only power auras, battle text font, and clcinfo are tweaked by myself.

http://i.imgur.com/1wlF1.jpg

(how in hell do i link a smaller picture, that goes enlarged in a new window when you click it?)

Here's a link.
    That button just below your holy power (the big hammer) is that an addon? I'd love something like that so I can keep track of Mangle and Blood Boil easier

Deleted

This one is mine! Could use some more tweaks tho...
    Last edited by mmoc3a6f0665cb; 2012-09-13 at 08:38 PM.