Some people have asked about what my UI will look like in Mists. It's not terribly different though I'm going to be using something a little different for unit frames. For tanking/healing I like centered unit frames. I'll probably go back to leading the 25m alt run horde side so I shrunk UI elements a bit to make room for additional information (though what that'll be has to wait until I see what raid content is like).
I've still got 10 days to get this all sorted but hopefully I can contribute something interesting.
Ignore the text - I just finished making layouts work and haven't connected it back to the class that drives the display.
My priest is going to look similar to how it used to but I'll be using the more 'precise' visual style you see in the screenshot. Thin boarders, consistent spacing everywhere. I can't see doing 25m content on my priest next expansion (I like the individual responsibility you get in the smaller size so I prefer that as my 'main' raiding experience). The basic layout will be fairly similar to what it's always been from previous videos because that proved to work well.
EDIT: Never mind. After a lot of searching I think I found that it is Prototype. One question though, how did you get the Bartender font for keybindings to change? I couldn't find that option anywhere in Bartender's settings.
Last edited by lineofire; 2012-09-16 at 01:45 AM.
Hi guys! I've been working a complete rebuild and would really appreciate some feedback. Here's a few shots for you guys to take a look at.
The first shot is just to show raid frames. I used touchy's (best guy on the internet) tutorial to set them up and plan to go back to customize them a little. The 2nd is in combat and shows all the important stuff. The last is a customary idle shot for no good reason.
A couple of things before you tear it apart:
- Rather than shoot for perfect pixel alignment, I've tried to align in broader strokes. Pixel perfect will come once everything else is done and I feel like I can sit and nitpick.
- The target frame is ultra boring and I would love some ideas as to how to make it more interesting looking and relevant.
- The bar right above Hp is a Weakauras dynamic group that functions a bit like a rotation helper.
- There is some redundancy between my proc filter and the buff bar in the top left corner that is currently low on the priority list of things to do (but I will get there eventually).
Alrighty, have at it!
Last edited by tempest420; 2012-09-16 at 12:26 AM.
I'm always tweaking things, but I'm pretty happy with the way it looks right now. Suggestions welcomed, though.
Last edited by Squirl; 2012-09-17 at 02:16 AM.
I'll look up dynamic groups with WA then, sounds interesting. I will miss POWA though, love that addon just wished I could get em all to show at once to line em up, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uHzdjSLuDY <- right side of player unitframe.
This is still in it's really crude stages but I thought I'd post what I have so far while the servers are down.
A quick rundown on auras:
- White / Red Skulls are HP
- The blue bracket around my main 6 spells - Inquisition tracker
- White / Blue / Pink Diamonds - DPS CD's
- White / Blue/ Yellow/ Red Squares - Protection CD's
- Blue / White / Pink Squares - CD Durations
- The blue skull (behind the flame) - Exo tracker
- The blue flame - Avenger's Shield Tracker
- The bracket below the blue shield - AS Proc Tracker
- The circle with all the numbers - Defensive CD's
- The big red skull - Boss Encounter related, I have two, one tracks Corrupting parasite, the other fading light.
- The circle next to the big skull - SS tracker.
To do list:
- I plan on switching from grid completely to VD because I'm tired of mouseover macros and like the utlity in VD.
- I plan on reworking the overall theme from plain blue to a more "tech" like blue, I'm currently working on custom borders and pannels in photoshop.
- Adding a Buff / Debuff addon that is to my liking. Not sure if SBF is working, haven't tried.
Please comment! <3
P.S. I hope I posted the images correctly. ._.
Last edited by iPraxys; 2012-09-18 at 12:21 PM.