Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #6821
    I'll look up dynamic groups with WA then, sounds interesting. I will miss POWA though, love that addon just wished I could get em all to show at once to line em up, etc.

  2. #6822
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    I'll look up dynamic groups with WA then, sounds interesting. I will miss POWA though, love that addon just wished I could get em all to show at once to line em up, etc.
    ATM weak auras can do all that PowerAuras cand do and even more. Example of Cooldowns as dinamic group you can see here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uHzdjSLuDY <- right side of player unitframe.

  3. #6823
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post

    I've still got 10 days to get this all sorted but hopefully I can contribute something interesting.

    Ignore the text - I just finished making layouts work and haven't connected it back to the class that drives the display.
    I want so bad!

  4. #6824
    The Patient Kanegasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    309
    http://i.imgur.com/OGPQO.jpg

    This was my pre-5.0.4 UI. I'm still working on my current UI and it basically looks the same. I start with a clean slate every major patch.

  5. #6825
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I've still got 10 days to get this all sorted but hopefully I can contribute something interesting.
    Thanks for posting this screenshot. i am spending from now till mop release cloning this ui for my mage..
    its awesome.

  6. #6826
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    At the moment it's just for personal usage, but I am happy to say that a lot of people are showing an interest in it.
    I may consider making it available for download in the near future.
    Do it pretty please

  7. #6827
    This is still in it's really crude stages but I thought I'd post what I have so far while the servers are down.

    Idle:


    5man Combat:


    Raid:


    Auras:


    A quick rundown on auras:
    • White / Red Skulls are HP
    • The blue bracket around my main 6 spells - Inquisition tracker
    • White / Blue / Pink Diamonds - DPS CD's
    • White / Blue/ Yellow/ Red Squares - Protection CD's
    • Blue / White / Pink Squares - CD Durations
    • The blue skull (behind the flame) - Exo tracker
    • The blue flame - Avenger's Shield Tracker
    • The bracket below the blue shield - AS Proc Tracker
    • The circle with all the numbers - Defensive CD's
    • The big red skull - Boss Encounter related, I have two, one tracks Corrupting parasite, the other fading light.
    • The circle next to the big skull - SS tracker.


    AddOns:
    • KGPannels
    • Grid
    • SUF
    • PowerAuras
    • Dominos
    • Masque
    • Skada


    To do list:
    • I plan on switching from grid completely to VD because I'm tired of mouseover macros and like the utlity in VD.
    • I plan on reworking the overall theme from plain blue to a more "tech" like blue, I'm currently working on custom borders and pannels in photoshop.
    • Adding a Buff / Debuff addon that is to my liking. Not sure if SBF is working, haven't tried.



    Please comment! <3

    P.S. I hope I posted the images correctly. ._.
    Last edited by iPraxys; 2012-09-18 at 12:21 PM.

  8. #6828
    Thanks for posting this screenshot. i am spending from now till mop release cloning this ui for my mage..
    I've started asking addon authors for permission to distribute their work as a collection. No promises yet…

    My video card melted down (literally, black smoke and everything) the other day so I fell behind schedule. I installed a replacement late last night but need to buy a bunch of adapters to get my screens plugged in. Hopefully late tonight I can find a couple of hours to finish off the gcd/cs/holy power bar. I think I might steal Kait's idea for using cropped auras as bars. I had used them behind unit frames to highlight states like no seal/no righteous fury, need cleanse, etc. His bar idea is very clever and I think it's the kind of animation that improves a UI rather than being needless noise.

    Writing my own threat meter has been more work than I thought. It's quite a boring bit of code to write…maybe I'll just use weak auras for that.
    Last edited by evn; 2012-09-18 at 02:47 PM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

  9. #6829
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I've started asking addon authors for permission to distribute their work as a collection. No promises yet…

    My video card melted down (literally, black smoke and everything) the other day so I fell behind schedule. I installed a replacement late last night but need to buy a bunch of adapters to get my screens plugged in. Hopefully late tonight I can find a couple of hours to finish off the gcd/cs/holy power bar. I think I might steal Kait's idea for using cropped auras as bars. I had used them behind unit frames to highlight states like no seal/no righteous fury, need cleanse, etc. His bar idea is very clever and I think it's the kind of animation that improves a UI rather than being needless noise.

    Writing my own threat meter has been more work than I thought. It's quite a boring bit of code to write…maybe I'll just use weak auras for that.
    Fingers crossed, can't wait to try it out if it comes to fruition.

  10. #6830
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I've started asking addon authors for permission to distribute their work as a collection. No promises yet…

    My video card melted down (literally, black smoke and everything) the other day so I fell behind schedule. I installed a replacement late last night but need to buy a bunch of adapters to get my screens plugged in. Hopefully late tonight I can find a couple of hours to finish off the gcd/cs/holy power bar. I think I might steal Kait's idea for using cropped auras as bars. I had used them behind unit frames to highlight states like no seal/no righteous fury, need cleanse, etc. His bar idea is very clever and I think it's the kind of animation that improves a UI rather than being needless noise.

    Writing my own threat meter has been more work than I thought. It's quite a boring bit of code to write…maybe I'll just use weak auras for that.
    Oh, that would be so awesome..
    and i did not know Weak Aura's could be used as a threat bar? you think it could make a cast bar ?

  11. #6831
    and i did not know Weak Aura's could be used as a threat bar? you think it could make a cast bar ?
    That's how I did it for my tank classes. I think kait's moonkin ui did that too and it has some interesting features.
    Mine does it for the combination GCD/holy power/cast bar. I use the cast bar color to indicate status like a proc for 3 holy power and to color code my enemies casts (most cast bars give interupt/not interupt, but with a little lua you can make weak auras have interupt, not interupt/you could interupt but it's not important/you can't interrupt and you'd better pop shieldwall too) based on spell names/ids/health/the status of your interrupt ability/etc and have it shout "I kicked something I shouldn't have" when you screw up (like on maloriak) or make a special alert when you have to cover somebody elses kick (like heroic nefarian).

    I think I might have even made a very basic cast bar tutorial video about it early on but I don't recall for certain. If not, just set the trigger to status -> cast and then tweak it from there.

    It's not great for casters who will micro-manage channeled spells (warlock, priest mostly) but it's perfectly fine for a mage or melee class who would only really use it to show trade skills, mounting, or enemy cast bars.
    Last edited by evn; 2012-09-18 at 06:31 PM.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

  12. #6832
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    That's how I did it for my tank classes. I think kait's moonkin ui did that too and it has some interesting features.
    Mine does it for the combination GCD/holy power/cast bar. I use the cast bar color to indicate status like a proc for 3 holy power and to color code my enemies casts (most cast bars give interupt/not interupt, but with a little lua you can make weak auras have interupt, not interupt/you could interupt but it's not important/you can't interrupt and you'd better pop shieldwall too) based on spell names/ids/health/the status of your interrupt ability/etc and have it shout "I kicked something I shouldn't have" when you screw up (like on maloriak) or make a special alert when you have to cover somebody elses kick (like heroic nefarian).

    I think I might have even made a very basic cast bar tutorial video about it early on but I don't recall for certain. If not, just set the trigger to status -> cast and then tweak it from there.

    It's not great for casters who will micro-manage channeled spells (warlock, priest mostly) but it's perfectly fine for a mage or melee class who would only really use it to show trade skills, mounting, or enemy cast bars.
    Thanks for the info,
    for now i just wanna steal your unit frames.
    il work with Weak Aura's once i get chance to properly sit down and play with it. right now il be happy with just the unit frames and the font. the rest i can put together rather quickly. seen as i have a lock / priest and mage i think il stick to gnosis / quarts for cast bar,

    one favour i will ask of you tho. could you please for the love of god post me the custom lua you have for your Target frame,
    <3 Thanks

  13. #6833
    Another idea of DeeUi pls Feedback!!

    Resting


    Combat

  14. #6834
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    Another idea of DeeUi pls Feedback!!

    Resting


    Combat
    I cannot express just how much I like the chat box at the bottom. Brilliant idea. Could you share how you did this please because I am so stealing this!

  15. #6835
    there are 4 chatboxes (you can creat as many you want).
    Chat 1 = trade spam
    Chat 2= Guild+officer
    Chat 3= personal/social stuff (whisper/realid conv)
    Chat 4= raid/party/bg

  16. #6836
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    Another idea of DeeUi pls Feedback!!

    Resting


    Combat
    InB4 Led tells you almost all your pixel fonts are incorrect sizes.

    Also, I assume that is the target's portrait behind those debuff icons.
    A portrait is practically useless as it is, but becomes even more useless when covered up...
    I don't understand why there is a portrait there to begin with.

  17. #6837
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    112


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    sorry if its too big, ima noob at uploading pictures.
    Last edited by tyran; 2012-09-18 at 07:44 PM.

  18. #6838
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    InB4 Led tells you almost all your pixel fonts are incorrect sizes.

    Also, I assume that is the target's portrait behind those debuff icons.
    A portrait is practically useless as it is, but becomes even more useless when covered up...
    I don't understand why there is a portrait there to begin with.
    Pixel Fonts: Cant get it that font size stuff is making me insane ( Al fonts used are size 10 (which is their optimum size-visitor font). Only exception is clock which is size 20 also optimum. May it be related to UI scale? System-> Advanced

    Portrait : used it in the idea to have a continuous group of elements while out of combat (when buffs/debuffs are less important/visible) -> will think about a better alternative here.

    Ty verry much for feedback!!! <3

  19. #6839
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    Pixel Fonts: Cant get it that font size stuff is making me insane ( Al fonts used are size 10 (which is their optimum size-visitor font). Only exception is clock which is size 20 also optimum. May it be related to UI scale? System-> Advanced
    Yeah, you're gonna have to go ahead and not do that, that would be great.
    Last edited by tordenflesk; 2012-09-18 at 08:05 PM.

  20. #6840
    May it be related to UI scale? System-> Advanced

    Ty verry much for feedback!!! <3
    Run the following and see:

    /run SetCVar("useUiScale", 1) SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)")) SetMultisampleFormat(1)

    *edit*
    Also, sometimes certain addons will modify the actual scale of certain elements.
    If you still have the problem after running that command, check that the addons are using a scale of 1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •