Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Why do you need damage down shown twice?
    One is probably used for threat or healing in combat.

Deleted
    Why do you need damage down shown twice?
    One is for healing, no idea why it's set to Damage (See my OP :P)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    My DK layout.
    Don't mind the double damage meter, the second one is usually set to healing.
    How did 2 people miss it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    The top bar is GCD - typically about 1.5s given the gear I have on that character (tanks don't stack haste after all).
    The little bar in the middle is crusader strike's cooldown (typically 4s).

The problem with paladins right now is that CS is 2.75 GCDs worth of cooldown - sometimes you'll want to hold off getting GCD locked to get extra CS/HoRs in. If you look at your abilities there may be no harm in delaying a crusader strike by 1 GCD because you're going to run out of buttons to press in 3 or 4 GCDs anyway. Other times using a proc (like free avengers shield) can bugger things up and you end up with 1 or 2 GCDs in a row with nothing to do.

I'm not exactly sure how this will play at 90. I've done almost nothing since 5.0 came out and this was the first major class change that stood out to me. the old 1,2,1,3,1,4 (repeat) rotation doesn't work - I need to figure out the best way to deal with these changes and the best way I can think of is to carefully watch the interactions for a few weeks.

I would like to get an enemy swing timer involved but I'll worry about that at max level.

tidyplates + threatplates.

You shouldn't need to use the monocrhome option if you get a well hinted font and use it at a "prefect" resolution. I didn't.

EDIT:
    Good news, I can get 90% of my UI uploaded via curse addon packs so my permission issue is solved. The only thing left is cleanicons thin/miirgui which in the worst case I can always just direct people to download and install manually. They're not the sort of addons curse handles anyway so if the authors don't give me permission to distribute them it won't be the end of the world. I might have to create a couple of addons just to add my fonts/textures to shared media but that's pretty trivial.
    sooner the better x x i can wait for MOP i can;t wait for this ui
    seriously since the 1st moment i saw it i was like omg touchy has done it again. and made me /drool over his ui.
    i did copy the last one on youtube. but this one is just so omg awesome. that it deserves beer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Just my thought ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    'cuz edit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    'cuz edit?
    Nope, see the timestamp.

I missed it cause last time I've seen the screenshot the edit wasn't there (on my handy) but didn't post. Now I just posted what I thought last time. :P

Edit: And I am still thinking about my new UFs :< ... just drawin' around in photoshop and such.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-09-21 at 02:29 PM.
    oh, honey.

I combined Touchy / Kait ideas into one nice format and made a nice compilation. I will share a screenie later today. I just wanted to thank Kait and Touch as you are awesome designers with others (Lyn, Quse, etc.) in this community. Thank you guys for helping us!

DeeUi v5

Feedback ploxx

Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    DeeUi v5

Feedback ploxx
    - The long chat-frame looks like it could ALMOST fit another line of text - like there is to much space on the top.
    - Why not use the same font everywhere?
    - WA looks great - i might have chosen different icons, but that's a personal choice.

Overall nice and clean

Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    DeeUi v5

Feedback ploxx
    very cool, I hope you uploaded it somewhere. Would love to try out.

^ where do you plan to put your raid/party frames?

I find in 25m I usually ignore mine (unless I'm tanking) but in 10m I babysit them a lot more. The really minimal/small UIs seem like they always shove raid frames off in a corner and they tend to be demonstrated in 25m raids. I wonder if that's an actual trend that the people who prefer the different sizes follow or just something I'm making up. It makes sense for healers of any size to focus on raid frames but not so much for DPS classes.

Also, it's nice to see somebody else remember Shiny Toy Guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    The texture you're using for pretty much everything; that's Minimalist right?
    I used it for so, so, SO long that I cannot stand to see that flat, boring texture anymore! :P

May I suggest testing out a more "in-depth" texture, maybe containing different gradients of colours? Just for test-sies
    (Keep it grey, just change the texture. See if you can find another texture which you prefer. I'm curious to see what it would look like with different bars)
    Delivered, Litestep.

I liked Xeon for my unit frames but it made it so I couldn't read Skada. Well, I could use an outside but it felt too thick; even with a decrease in font size. It was readable with class-colored fonts, but priests are screwed.

Question for Mayron/Phranax, What was the addon you had that auto turned quests in (looking at daily's)

@Muliercula
    - in 1st version in the bottom there where 4 chat frames (tradespam, guild, whisper and personal messages, raid/bg/party). I did find it a bit to much, but i liked the look of the bar so i remained with 2 chats and a bigger skada in the middle.
    -Im using Visitor and Charriot Deluxe because i wanted a font able to show lowecase. So im using Charrior Deluxe for any place where longer text apears. Im not ready yet to use pixel font in chat didnt find any square-ish pixel font that is so easy to read.
    -top has DBM bars in middle, i prefer top part a bit more light to avoid a heavy Ui.
    @ EVN
    I always need my raidframes in a decent position, need to see when ppl die, when i has to rebuff etc.
    -> they are placed under the WA cooldownbar (under player UF). In healing mode i have two versions:
    1. with the raidframe over the player castbars and the targetframe a bit higher.
    2. target uf placed top of player UF and raid placed to the left of booth.
    I kinda dislike the layout with <<player uf-raid-target uf >> because in nonraid its leaved a huge gap in middle, its not compact which i look for when designing my Ui's
    @ amalgamas - will be update on wowinterface this weekend prolly as soon i sort healer layout.
    @Jeremypwnz i usualy hate Lifestep, i find it the most ugly and annoying texture but no idea what you made it looks nice in your Ui. i like!

Quote Originally Posted by ammor View Post
    Can you please change your signature? I don't want to see a whole interface under every of your posts.
    oh, honey.

Can you please change your signature? I don't want to see a whole interface under every of your posts.
    That won't be lasting long.

Deleted
    I didn't notice it was his signature at first. Then after I read your post I bursted out in laughter