Thread: Post Your UI

Here is my newest UI Modification , but it's still in Beta Version , although I must say that I got most of my ideas from Touchymcfeel's UI. (You can find a guide on how to make this UI here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQbQs...0&feature=plcp)
    Any feedback is appreciated. ^^
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-08 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Feedback: Thumbnails.

Been changing and updating this since the start of MoP, pretty happy with it for now.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-08 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzul View Post
    Here is my newest UI Modification , but it's still in Beta Version , although I must say that I got most of my ideas from Touchymcfeel's UI. (You can find a guide on how to make this UI here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQbQs...0&feature=plcp)
    Any feedback is appreciated. ^^
    A few things that can possibly be improved are:

-Matching all the fonts.
    -You can definitely make the damage meter smaller.
    -Tooltip is overlapping the quest tracker
    -You don't need to see Motw on your buffs above your character frame.
    -Top action bar seems to be spaced slightly different from the bottom two.
    -There is a unit frame floating on the right in the quest tracker, not sure what it is but it doesn't seem like it belongs there.

Off-topic note. Treeston, we need someone like you in the Hunter forum "Post your UI" thread stat. So many giant screenshots. It's horrible.

Edit: After looking through here, thought I would adjust my UI a bit.

Epic Guild message of the day.

Mostly a "Which raid frames should I use?" situation. Been Grid for the longest time but I decided to see how SuF raid frames would look like. Now I'm kind of stuck between them. And if I were to take SuF raid frames, should I move the frames elsewhere or are they okay where they are at? (Left center anchor, y=0)
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-11-08 at 10:20 AM.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

Been swamped with my new job lately, but I have found time here and there to make UI's and test out ideas. Here's a few pics of my current UI(we all know I will be using a new one next week, and the week after that, etc.)

Solo:

In-Combat:
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

I really like the sleekness of this UI, very good job .

Just a quick question or 2; what is the font you're using? and the button facade skin? oh and the unit frames!
    reclusion ilariy jelen jellen jelez - dor
    <Cherubim> 10m Outland-EU - 1/13 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    My UI:

I'm pretty comfortable with it right now. Might move the tank frames and get rid of focus frame buffs (or at least reduce the size a lot).
    Your only focus indicator is the text? How do you keep track of a cooldown like Master's Call, Scatter Shot, Snake Trap, etc.? ICD tracking?

While it looks pretty I think you've lost a lot of functionality. ICDs, especially for a BM hunter can really increase your numbers quite a bit. Things like Scatter Shot can help a wild add on Will or Grand Empress, or a Master's Call on Stone Guard or Spirit Kings. While they certainly aren't commonly used abilities in PvE, knowing when they're available can be pretty important (and you may through a not shown CD bar, but in that picture it isn't shown). You're also showing target threat in two places. Not a big problem by any means but it is something that would bother me over time, however I'm not you so that may not matter.

Lastly, you can't see your feet in the picture you're showing. Moving the whole UI down could certainly help. On a similar note why show mana/rage/energy bars on your raid frame? You don't have a raid CD that could help someone. Take away your resource bar on your raid frames, subsequently move the raid frames down by how many pixels you've freed up. Move your action bars and player/target frames down accordingly so you can see your feet.

I hope I didn't come off as rude I just think you've got a pretty awesome base design and a few tweaks here or there could increase the functionality quite a lot.
    Last edited by refire; 2012-11-08 at 02:59 PM.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...41356977_o.jpg

Little bit out of date but it gives the general feel of my UI
    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-08 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    Changed the UI quite a bit ... it was more towards what it was in Firelands right before I quit WoW. Still not 100% done but i dont think any UI will ever be 100% complete.

Lookin' good, Kepi! Any chance on an upload sometime in the near future? (Also, you got an arena setup currently?)
    Last edited by Supernex; 2012-11-08 at 03:26 PM.

I will burn your soul.

Newcomer incoming.

Last edited by Treeston; 2012-11-08 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Fixed image

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    KICKAS UI!!!

I absolutely love this UI. And since I havn't posted 10 times I couldn't PM you.

Do you mind uploading it for the public to use? I don't mind if it very messy folders/profiles etc. I'll be able to work that out!

Thanks alot!

/Tantalos

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Lookin' good, Kepi! Any chance on an upload sometime in the near future? (Also, you got an arena setup currently?)
    thank you, ill most likely not be uploading this one .. uploading in general requires you to give support and such and keep it up to date and it all takes time which i currently do not have much of. to answer your arena question .. no i do not i actually dont even PVP in rbg's or arenas never liked that part of the game personally.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    thank you, ill most likely not be uploading this one .. uploading in general requires you to give support and such and keep it up to date and it all takes time which i currently do not have much of. to answer your arena question .. no i do not i actually dont even PVP in rbg's or arenas never liked that part of the game personally.
    Bummer...well at least I now have some fresh ideas in mind that I can get to work on. (I have been lazy as of late with UIs, thus I have just been using ElvUI.)

I will burn your soul.

LED UI's tend to look amazing when you're not in a group, alone with just the unit frame up but messy when you're in a raid, so I'll post a vid in a raid =D

Pitbull/Grid2/Azcastbar/Bartender4 basically. Am going to do the gradient background seen on the target frame (orange to red gradient) with the player/focus/targets target frames too, when I can be bothered messing with Kgpanels again =D Combat log also needs a kgpanel just like skada has behind it, the chat window has it but I think i need to make a second that anchors to the combat tab So still some small tweaks to go.

Minimap and tooltips are hidden/shown with two macros (minimap is sexymap in the top right, tooltips are tiptac)

Used to use LUI but when in a BG or 25man raid Grid would always annoy me being on the right side, and no space in the middle for a 25 man raid, well now under my unit frame a 25man size grid fits without needing to resize or do a different profile, obviously if you have a smaller grid then it would fit in there even easier, mines quite large cos i raid 10 man and like it. =D so all good.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2012-11-08 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    LED UI's tend to look amazing when you're not in a group, alone with just the unit frame up but messy when you're in a raid, so I'll post a vid in a raid =D

-- video --

Pitbull/Grid2/Azcastbar/Bartender4 basically. Am going to do the gradient background seen on the target frame (orange to red gradient) with the player/focus/targets target frames too, when I can be bothered messing with Kgpanels again =D Combat log also needs a kgpanel just like skada has behind it, the chat window has it but I think i need to make a second that anchors to the combat tab So still some small tweaks to go.

Minimap and tooltips are hidden/shown with two macros (minimap is sexymap in the top right, tooltips are tiptac)

Used to use LUI but when in a BG or 25man raid Grid would always annoy me being on the right side, and no space in the middle for a 25 man raid, well now under my unit frame a 25man size grid fits without needing to resize or do a different profile, obviously if you have a smaller grid then it would fit in there even easier, mines quite large cos i raid 10 man and like it. =D so all good.
    I really like it. You should use Clean Icons Thin for getting a more fitting button texture for your cooldown (with WA).
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Reclusion View Post
    I really like the sleekness of this UI, very good job .

Just a quick question or 2; what is the font you're using? and the button facade skin? oh and the unit frames!
    The font used is Expressway Regular.

The Masque skin is called Shadow.

The unitframe addon I currently and will forever use is Stuf (Stellar Unit Frames). Easily the best and most configurable UF addon available. Of course, my unitframes were made using them plus adding kgpanels parented and anchored to the frames, but that is something I have almost always done with my UI's.

I have more UI screens incomming today. Have alot of UI's I have been working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I really like it. You should use Clean Icons Thin for getting a more fitting button texture for your cooldown (with WA).
    Ah thanks for the tip! i couldnt find a decent looking Masque skin that would effect the WA.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2012-11-08 at 09:10 PM.

Okay so here's a few of the other UI ideas I've been working on. Note that most are unfinished and are extremely likely to change. After clicking on thumbnails, i recommend right-clicking the image and selecting "View link in new tab" as the images are not fully sized to 1920 x 1080 so lots of things will not be pixel-perfect. Enjoy!

My MonoUI edit:

My "Techno" font UI:

My UI using a TextyUI baseline:

My ElvUI edit with some simple changes:

The ElvUI edit has since been made obsolete as Elv actually included options to make the UI pixel-perfect. I am not a fan of ElvUI that much, but he does come up with some interesting LUA that is fun to mess around with from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Ah thanks for the tip! i couldnt find a decent looking Masque skin that would effect the WA.
    It isn't a Masque skin, it just replaces all icons with 1px ones.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

Epic!
    Been messing around with some little things. Only works for solo play as a DPS at the moment though.

Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    It isn't a Masque skin, it just replaces all icons with 1px ones.
    I know XD I meant i couldn't find a skin for Masque which would look good, so this will make them look nice anyway, does look good idd.