Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Could say the same thing about your UI in regards to 100 others that have the same elements and feel..
    Except my UI IS Frantik's UI, just with a few modifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    What font is used for your data texts? Looks nice.

Armoryالسلام عليكمAvast

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    What font is used for your data texts? Looks nice.
    Skurri.

The UI is Frantiks UI with minimal changes.
    You can download it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Currently a work in progress.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

How my current UI looks in a raid setting.

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Just call em Carebear inspired UI's and we're good.
    You sayin' my UI looks bad in a raid!?

MUST CLEAN UI IN RAID D:
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (when I bother) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    You sayin' my UI looks bad in a raid!?

MUST CLEAN UI IN RAID D:
    Now think for a minute Bear. Do you really need unit frames at all?!

If you think long enough, Alt-Z is enough for an UI.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

Here's a vid peek of my ui, still wip.. need to fix some align things and scales here and there :P the colors are pretty dark in the vid for some reason.. and the actionbars are not supposed to be faded in combat :>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtiKgoIlP_k

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Code:
    local function dummy() end
    local function hide(f)
        f:SetScript("OnShow",f.Hide)
        f.SetScript = dummy
        f.Show = dummy
        f:Hide()
    end
    hide(UIParent)
    hide(WorldFrame)
    Treeston's guide to minimalist UI design.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by Vanchak View Post
    What unitframes addon are you using?
    Sig by Listrata

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I'd actually love to make a UI that has just nameplates and nothing else. If only we could have a player nameplate above our own head! I tried it with a normal unitframe but it didn't feel right.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (when I bother) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Hey Thorim can you upload this UI pls?

I'd actually love to make a UI that has just nameplates and nothing else.
    I gave some thought to that too - sadly the API gives you very little control over the position & motion of name plates. Everything ends up moving about too much to be a good user experience.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Led inspired ideas fucking up the core of what minimalism is really isn't my problem.
    But these Led inspired UIs don't fuck up the core of what minimalism is. They show what is relevant for that particular user.

Hiding so much stuff to make your UI look pretty and in result make your UI cripple you instead of help you in a raid environment is fucking up the core of what minimalism is, in my opinion.

I feel like most famous UI designers are too busy trying to hide as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    But these Led inspired UIs don't fuck up the core of what minimalism is. They show what is relevant for that particular user.

Hiding so much stuff to make your UI look pretty and in result make your UI cripple you instead of help you in a raid environment is fucking up the core of what minimalism is, in my opinion.

I feel like most famous UI designers are too busy trying to hide as much as possible.
    That's the entire point I made. I feel like I show what is actually relevant and more importantly, where the information is shown. I feel like most other "Led" inspired UI's don't in either one or both departments. Either they think they're minimal for showing so little info in all the wrong places, or they think they're minimal and their screen still hass non relevant shit all over it. Sticking my name to this problem is quite stupid imo.

What stuff appears in a raid?

<image>

It's just a 5 men party, a 10 man raid would have 5 frames more, a 25 raid 20 frames more. But there isn't any extra "stuff" besides that. Led inspired ideas fucking up the core of what minimalism is really isn't my problem.

Just call em Carebear inspired UI's and we're good.
    Cool but why do you have the action bar shown? it's just useless shit; mounts/pet/professions...why?? Time on chat is silly xD Also, the color scheme for your threat does not go with the rest of the frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    Cool but why do you have the action bar shown? it's just useless shit; mounts/pet/professions...why?? Time on chat is silly xD Also, the color scheme for your threat does not go with the rest of the frames.
    Actionbar is purely aesthetic (liek the top and bot bar you could say). Wjat's wrong with knowing when people say things? And the color scheme should be identical everywhere since it's a single addon.