Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7581
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I ended up moving to xCT and disabled pet damage. Seems a lot simpler than MSBT.

    On a somewhat related note. I got my UI to 4.5 mb usage. But it's becoming much, much less user friendly for my released UI.
    How do you find xCT? I tried it back in cataclysm and I felt that it lagged behind the actual combat somewhat. (damage appearing 2-3 seconds after the ability was hit); does it still do this?
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  2. #7582
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I don't understand why on your player frame you're called Adriadne and on your target frame you're called Aríadne D:

    I do enjoy looking at these UIs with the shiny orbs and such, but that's pretty much all it is to me - nice to look at :P
    Good job nevertheless!

  3. #7583
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    How do you find xCT? I tried it back in cataclysm and I felt that it lagged behind the actual combat somewhat. (damage appearing 2-3 seconds after the ability was hit); does it still do this?
    I think it was xCT+ I was looking for but I was on Wowinterface so all I got was xCT. Same damn name but there's a +. I'll probably change to this sometime tomorrow and throw up a new screenie to see what people think.

    O yea, the original question. The normal xCT on wowinterface hasn't been updated in about a year, and still lags about 1-1.5 seconds behind normal time combat.

    Edit: After looking at xCT+, feels too bulky and has too many options.. Never anything I like..
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-12-09 at 12:35 PM.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  4. #7584
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/eXbbO.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2uhAI.jpg

    Before people ask, yes, those are power auras.
    That is utter brilliance. I want angry ponies in my UI too!

    PS. What nameplates addon is that?

  5. #7585
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    170
    its all pretty much from ElvUI including the nameplates.

  6. #7586
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I don't understand why on your player frame you're called Adriadne and on your target frame you're called Aríadne D:

    I do enjoy looking at these UIs with the shiny orbs and such, but that's pretty much all it is to me - nice to look at :P
    Good job nevertheless!
    Just a static string on player frame=). I don't target myself ever in real combat so you can't see the difference.

    I am also not a fan of fancy unitframes if they don't work in a real raid/PvP environment. But I think these do. The whole purpose of a unitframe for me personally is to see the health of the target in percent. I think these achieve that better than any unitframes I've ever seen.

  7. #7587
    Had some spare time on my hands, so I pulled out a butcher knife and turned towards my UI.
    So many things I want to try out, but I never get satisfied with anything!

    Anyways, very early WIP screenies incoming!
    http://i.imgur.com/tzUeh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ruIWS.jpg

    Don't forget, this is just something I threw together. Alignment, there is none! Stuff is overlapping everywhere.

  8. #7588
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm glad you ditched the old UI, I can now happily watch your videos!
    No Envy, No Fear


  9. #7589
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I think it was xCT+ I was looking for but I was on Wowinterface so all I got was xCT. Same damn name but there's a +. I'll probably change to this sometime tomorrow and throw up a new screenie to see what people think.

    O yea, the original question. The normal xCT on wowinterface hasn't been updated in about a year, and still lags about 1-1.5 seconds behind normal time combat.

    Edit: After looking at xCT+, feels too bulky and has too many options.. Never anything I like..
    That sucks; I'm sick of MSBT but I need something to display when a target evades or is immune. No idea what to use! The lag on xCT really irritates me.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  10. #7590
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That sucks; I'm sick of MSBT but I need something to display when a target evades or is immune. No idea what to use! The lag on xCT really irritates me.
    Weird. My MSBT shows both immune and evade. Have you tried setting them in your outgoing scroll area?

    Events -> Event Category -> Outgoing Player and checkmark "melee immunes", "melee evades", "skill immunes" and "skill evades"

    Also do this for Event Category Pet as well if needed.

    If you want them displayed in a more central area, just click on the little tool icons for these when checking them off and setting them to display in either the "Notification" or Static" scroll areas. Or you can make a whole new scroll area just for these and set them to one you've made.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-12-09 at 09:36 PM.

  11. #7591
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That sucks; I'm sick of MSBT but I need something to display when a target evades or is immune. No idea what to use! The lag on xCT really irritates me.
    If you're using oUF,try use oUF_Combatfeedback plugin.. you can filter what you want displayed.

  12. #7592
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That sucks; I'm sick of MSBT but I need something to display when a target evades or is immune. No idea what to use! The lag on xCT really irritates me.
    I wonder if there is a fix for the old xCT to make it work with real time combat.

    Edit: Not sure if a fluke, but right now xCT is not lagging behind real combat.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-12-10 at 12:29 AM.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  13. #7593
    Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post


    Still very much a WIP.

    1. Chat
    2. Raidframes
    3. CDs and Procs (WeakAuras/TMW)
    4. Combattext (EavesDrop, stole the idea from rigg's ui, I thought it looked quite neat.)
    5. Minimap
    6. Buffs
    7. Skada (two windows)
    8. Actionbars
    9. CDs on major spells (either done with actionbars or WA/TMW)
    10. Enemy castbar
    11. Target frame
    12. Player frame

    I am looking for a buff addon and possibly a minimap addon (had some trouble with sexymap in the start of the expansion where timers weren't properly displayed in challenge modes for example), where it is possible to do consolidated buffs as well as having the option to right click to cancel them in combat. I am looking to create a UI that works alround for me, be it tanking/healing/dpsing/raids/pvp, but I want it to be somewhat clean yet still informative. Any feedback is appriciated.
    Raven would be a good choice imo for your buffs/debuffs. It also allows "right clicking" off buffs in combat. As for the minimap i would suggest SexyMap. I have no idea how sexymap would have been messing with timers for you. It doesn't even touch timers, just the map. I used it it since wrath till like a few weeks ago (i switched to using ElvUI so no longer needed sexymap)

  14. #7594
    Once upon a time, this was mostly RealUI. Now? Not so much.. Still using RealUI's minimap and Raven & Grid & Skada settings, but that's just about it now.

    http://i.imgur.com/DuXhD.jpg

    To do.. hide "Item is not ready yet" which spams every time I Jab. Maybe get some other nameplates.. hide action bars in combat, I keep looking at them when something lights up and its annoying..

  15. #7595
    I think I'm done, but would like some feedback. If you look at my earlier post, there's a video up but minor changes has been done.

    I can't seem to get Satrina to work, so I have default Blizzard Buff icons :/


    Last edited by Treeston; 2012-12-10 at 06:42 AM.

  16. #7596
    nice work emery

    looks very nice

    Will you upload it?
    Last edited by Tahiri; 2012-12-10 at 09:25 AM.

  17. #7597
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Weird. My MSBT shows both immune and evade. Have you tried setting them in your outgoing scroll area?
    Ah sorry should have explained myself a little better. If I had my way I'd completely remove all damage text but I want to have something to display evades and immunes. MSBT does this, but it's got a lot of stuff that I also don't want. I want to have something a lot more simple and xCT worked really well but it had or has a really bad delay which also irritates me.

    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    If you're using oUF,try use oUF_Combatfeedback plugin.. you can filter what you want displayed.
    Now this is a good idea, it never crossed my mind to use it. I'll see what I can come up with!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I wonder if there is a fix for the old xCT to make it work with real time combat.

    Edit: Not sure if a fluke, but right now xCT is not lagging behind real combat.
    I'll have to download it and see if it works for me later tonight D:

    Hopefully my new monitor will be here today when I get in from work. Can't wait to see all the space on my screen at 2560x1440!
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  18. #7598
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I'll have to download it and see if it works for me later tonight D:

    Hopefully my new monitor will be here today when I get in from work. Can't wait to see all the space on my screen at 2560x1440!
    Huge... Dude, your UIs have practically nothing on them, gimme that screen. xD

    Anyways, I found out something about xCT. " ["mergeaoespamtime"] = 'Time/seconds' " Any higher than 2 and any spells determined in the xCT.lua to be in the AOE department, there will be huge delays because it will try to merge the ticks/hits. And since the addon was last updated a year ago, you have to add in any new spells (or updated spells) from MoP. Other than that, I am dealing with 0 delays.

    And since I'm always finding myself changing something, literally right after uploading a new version of my UI...



    Feels a bit left heavy and the data text above the minimap feels even more out of place. Other than that, I'm liking it.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  19. #7599
    Field Marshal Emil93W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    82


    Still not completely satisfied with the BigWigs bars. I want a black border instead of a gray one but oh well

  20. #7600
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Feels a bit left heavy and the data text above the minimap feels even more out of place. Other than that, I'm liking it.
    What addon are you using to skin your Boss Frame? (unless that is a focus you have on the right) - I have been trying to reskin my Boss Bar, but it can't be done with PitBull.
    Last edited by Berri; 2012-12-10 at 03:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •