Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Restarted my UI again due to the ElvUI reset. Looks very similar to before, except for hidden unitframes when outside of combat or when casting spells.

Have not gotten very far so far (I've been busy ^_^). Will fiddle with it more when I've got some spare time

EDIT: Imgur keeps ruining the quality of my screenshots
    What font are you using mate? Any chance for a DL link?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I actually have no idea. Lol
    You might be better asking Carebear or Quse. I believe they use the same font as me and they probably know more about what the actual name is and where to get it from.
    Sorry for being useless! :')

http://pixelfonts.style-force.net/
    That site has a few pixel fonts to chose from. I'm pretty sure "Semplice Regular" is the one from the screenshot.
    Might not be a 100% match, but it's pretty similar!

Very close, but no cigar. The font Quse uses is Frucade Regular, however it's so close to Semplice Regular that in most cases you have to the font file to be sure.

Fun fact: If the font file isn't called by its font name, you can open the file and find its the name there.

Quote Originally Posted by harizon View Post
    http://pixelfonts.style-force.net/
    That site has a few pixel fonts to chose from. I'm pretty sure "Semplice Regular" is the one from the screenshot.
    Might not be a 100% match, but it's pretty similar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Fun fact: If the font file isn't called by its font name, you can open the file and find its the name there.
    Just did this. Semplice Regular. HARIZON WINS!

Epic!
    Think you've got too much stuff cluttering your screen. I'd remove some of it if I were you... huehuehue

Did you decide to change the quest tracker font away from your pixel font? Or is it just "in the process" of being changed to suit your new screen?
    It's a 'in the process' thing. There's quite a lot that I'm still unsatisfied with to be honest. Lack of time to play and too much work means when I'm on I just get a chance to play and not really go in depth with the UI. I still want to create an oUF layout from scratch and work with the basics but I'm such a fail I don't know where to start. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I had to look at your UI in quadrants because the resolution is giant. Okay, lower left, upper left, over to the upper right, now the lower right, look a bit in the center.. Your UI is a lot of work to look at on a small screen. Hope you like that new monitor. Your UI is looking very minimalistic as always, and looks great even with the issues you pointed out.
    Haha. Yeah the monitor is great, definitely a good purchase and I can't wait to have a day off to mess with the UI properly.

*EDIT*

Sigh. Think I'm going to have to get rid of my pixel border because of this monitor and go back to the 'shadow' border (old UI) or something similar due to the resolution not giving me pixel borders even on 1x multi-sampling D: I usually got away on 4x!
    Last edited by carebear; 2012-12-11 at 10:15 PM.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I used to use those unitframes of yours, and they are what made me go further with UI modification. For that I thank you. And that UI was/is great!

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZJBjKjfqgUQ
    (Don't judge my skills as a Rogue! It's an alt which I play very badly )
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-12-11 at 11:33 PM.

The class rogue does not require any skill today mate (has it ever?).
    The main thing you do as a rogue is to wait for energy and use a GCD like every 2-3d second, faceroll is faceroll haha

The class rogue does not require any skill today mate (has it ever?).
    The main thing you do as a rogue is to wait for energy and use a GCD like every 2-3d second, faceroll is faceroll haha
    lol What a minger. "Mate". XDXD

Nice UI Pixil, very clean.
    Last edited by Chult; 2012-12-12 at 01:29 AM.

I used to use those unitframes of yours, and they are what made me go further with UI modification. For that I thank you. And that UI was/is great!

[CAN'T DO LINKS YET]
    Very nice UI here Pixil. You, like carebear and the many others have inspired me to create something though I know it won't be of the quality you guys have.

So it turned up! yay.

Had quite a lot of font size problems, nearly all needed to be reduced down by a size of 1, still a few need doing. Some things moved all over the place and there's a few pixel/alignment issues with the change in resolution. (Power bar is an example, castbars are all fuzzy and some of the raid frame border is fuzzy) Got a lot of fixing to do tomorrow evening!
    Do you mind at least uploading your unitframes config

Still using this. This time in raid.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...212_111202.jpg

Just posting this to combo break the pixel uis.
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

I'm using the famous LUI. I don't think screens are nessecary, but if anyone would like to see it, just hit me up

Famous or infamous? :P

Just kidding.

Lyn any chance for upload of your UI or atleast textures?

Some textures are found in Butger's UI. I am not uploading anything anymore, sorry.

http://i.imgur.com/nd0cN.jpg

First kinda real UI I'm using now Just went trough a 5 hour of work today on it.

Im thinking about removing Decursive (Thats the addon that causes that red square and rogue poison warning icons), since its abit distracting, and Im not really using it much as feral. Mate reminded me about mouse over macro's for decursing, so thats an easy step.

Should maybe also scale down my Internal CD/procces from my trinkets. Or not have them inn the middel, over my tracking addon. Few things here and there, but for now I'm happy, sort of my first real UI.

Edit: Picture is maybe abit messy - I tried to get a shot quick where everything was showen, before we won that Battleground.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-12 at 08:22 PM.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Still using this. This time in raid.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...212_111202.jpg

Just posting this to combo break the pixel uis.
    thought I'd add to this and break my 3? year tradition! With the new monitor pixels weren't working too great and I need to re-do the whole UI so..

Thoughts on the font and the UI as a whole? Still a lot to do. I can't keep a UI down at the minute ):
    I'm not sure on the font, it's the first non-pixel font I came across through all my folders.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Hey there and welcome to the User Interface world (of warcraft)!

Just a couple of things here:

Firstly, please please please, skin you recount! Having it just default and floating around means that it doesn't feel intergrated and as if it is part of the UI, rather just floating there looking aimless and cluttered.

Secondly, you should really think about decreasing the size of your chat box, if you have it that large due to resolution/font issues then by all means go and download a chat addon and re-size the font that way, otherwise it's just sitting there cluttering up the screen and making it more difficult for you to see what's going on!

Thirdly, customizing/creating a custom UI is a way to make the UI look overall better. However, it is difficult to make it better if you have so much on your screen! You should learn your keybindings on a couple of things and then use bartender or dominos (whichever) and turn mouseover on, you'll find that you will have a lot more space to breath on your screen and be able to see more of your surroundings.

Fourthly (that doesn't look right) You have cooldown timers in the middle of your screen, why? And the decursive is completely in the way!

To summarise I think that most things just need a little bit of a scaling down, you're taking up way too much screen space and really cna't see what's going on!

thought I'd add to this and break my 3? year tradition! With the new monitor pixels weren't working too great and I need to re-do the whole UI so..

Thoughts on the font and the UI as a whole? Still a lot to do. I can't keep a UI down at the minute ):
    I'm not sure on the font, it's the first non-pixel font I came across through all my folders.
    NO!
    No, no no!

NO!
    You get that pixel font back on your UI mister! >
    The rest looks great though :P