Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Hide your action bars and get some WEAK AURAS!
    Hehe. I know what you mean by that and I can see that working as well (I haven't personally tried it). I have everything binded and hidden and just have important spells shown on a seperate bar. Been meaning to try weakauras

Deleted
    I started to re-work mine; thoughts please

Not going for 100% pixel perfect just yet - spent far too long just trying to sort out the WA and new cast bar. Will work on bars, Unit Frames and SBT soon enough.

Old:

New:

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    This actually doesn't work for me, only works with jpg and tga files.
    I forgot to add in the " " around png and the value 10. perhaps that may make it work?

SET screenshotFormat "png"
    SET screenshotQuality "10"

Just seems silly to me saving as jpg, converting an already compressed jpg to png format, you wouldn't gain any of the benefits of the better format.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    Wow really? Anyone know a decent host then?
    http://abload.de/

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I've never understood this CoolLine thing. How do you quickly glance at a specific spell to see how long it's left of it if it is stacked with other spells so the icons overlap? How do you realize a spell is ready if you missed it coming off cooldown on the line? I feel like CoolLine is just a tool for UI enthusiasts to make cooldown tracking look good but is useless if you want to maximize performance.
    Unfortunately I couldn't disagree more with you. I've been using CoolLine now on and off for about two years. It's a very handy cooldown tracker and if you position it correctly you can see what's on cooldown with just a quick glimpse. Again, if positioned correctly you won't miss when an ability comes off cooldown either. Mine is placed in a position so that I can see the icon when it flashes in the corner of my eye without taking my eyes away from the position of my character. (see here) Not only that, but I also have a general idea of when an ability is coming off cooldown because I'm so used to the rotation and abilities of the class.

On-topic. I'll give the borders a mix and match. I need to do something with them but this monitor resolution is a pain. Got work in 10 minutes and then a whole weekend of late shifts (yay, /sigh) so I won't be doing much UI messing.
    Last edited by Hulari; 2012-12-19 at 06:35 AM.

After many hours of /reloading in font's into sharedmedia i finally found one i can use pretty much across the board. I also added in bars on my cd's on the bottom. (which is 100% done in WeakAuras)

Raid25 DPS (zoom in all the way to see it in it's full res)

Now if i can figure out how to add 1px borders to MSBT icons and also get rid of the stupid black shadow on Skada bars (why do they have that when the title bar for Skada doesn't?! /sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    After many hours of /reloading in font's into sharedmedia i finally found one i can use pretty much across the board. I also added in bars on my cd's on the bottom. (which is 100% done in WeakAuras)

Raid25 DPS (zoom in all the way to see it in it's full res)
    Snippy

Now if i can figure out how to add 1px borders to MSBT icons and also get rid of the stupid black shadow on Skada bars (why do they have that when the title bar for Skada doesn't?! /sigh)
    Looks awesome, but the energy text ever so slightly touching the bar gets to me. I would move the energy text down just a px.

get rid of the stupid black shadow on Skada bars
    Skadafont is something i just made up, look for where the fonts are added in bardisplay.lua.. don't have access to check myself atm.

skadafont:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 0)
    Last edited by twin2; 2012-12-19 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Looks awesome, but the energy text ever so slightly touching the bar gets to me. I would move the energy text down just a px.
    Ok fixed. I kinda preferred it touching cause 1px down created a thick black line between the text and bar, so i just moved down 2px.

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Skadafont is something i just made up, look for where the fonts are added in bardisplay.lua.. don't have access to check myself atm.
    I love you, but i'd love you more if you also knew how to add 1px borders to MSBT icons

Above Edits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I'm using Weakauras to track important things like that, just a simple icon for each thing. Finger of Frost is stacks, since the duration of that isn't important. Frost Bomb is the cooldown. The icons are skinned by CleanIcons Thin. The default icons are replaced so anything like Weakauras that uses them is skinned as well.

Status bar texture is fade1, from Ishtara's media folder.
    thanks for the info !
    I've set up the Frostbomb cd tracker wich is pretty straightforward but I'm struggling with the FoF stack tracker.
    how did you set that up?

Ok fixed. I kinda preferred it touching cause 1px down created a thick black line between the text and bar, so i just moved down 2px.

I love you, but i'd love you more if you also knew how to add 1px borders to MSBT icons

Above Edits
    I can't stand that font, readability is horrible. Especially on the unit frames where every font string looks different in height etc :/

Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    I can't stand that font, readability is horrible. Especially on the unit frames where every font string looks different in height etc :/
    Not sure what you mean by the horrible readability. The font is thin and crisp. My monitor is 27" so it's very easy to read.(Perhaps you did not view the image at its full res). I have since changed the font on the numbers in the unit frame to the same thats used everywhere else (in that SS the numbers are a diff font). Either way, sorry that your preference doesn't match what's in my UI.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-12-19 at 01:13 PM.

Not sure what you mean by the horrible readability. The font is thin and crisp. My monitor is 27" so it's very easy to read.(Perhaps you did not view the image at its full res). I have since changed the font on the numbers in the unit frame to the same thats used everywhere else (in that SS the numbers are a diff font). Either way, sorry that your preference doesn't match what's in my UI.
    He has slight truth in his words. But I only have trouble with unit health and the damage done on your damage meter. The unit health, I just can't really tell where the decimal is, so it's like.. 7509m health.. I see there's a gap but at a quick glance I would not be able to tell unless I've been using the font for a while. And the damage meter, I have mine condensed so I'm just not used to seeing lots of digits. Probably just me on both and I blindly agree'd. Everything aside from those 2 are crisp and clear. (Trying not to imagine the zeroes with the cross hanging out next to an eight, that would be absolute hell for me)

On a big reso that font is fine, personally everything is a little too big, scale wise. i like smaller ui's.
    However, i do quite like what you've done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    He has slight truth in his words. But I only have trouble with unit health and the damage done on your damage meter. The unit health, I just can't really tell where the decimal is, so it's like.. 7509m health.. I see there's a gap but at a quick glance I would not be able to tell unless I've been using the font for a while. And the damage meter, I have mine condensed so I'm just not used to seeing lots of digits. Probably just me on both and I blindly agree'd. Everything aside from those 2 are crisp and clear. (Trying not to imagine the zeroes with the cross hanging out next to an eight, that would be absolute hell for me)
    I agree with you and the decimal point on the health. That's why I've since changed the "numbers" font on my unit franes after that SS was made and the decimal is much easier to see now. As for for the non condensed in Skada, that's just how I've always had meter format since a few months before Wrath launch. Maybe it's time to condense the format now that damage done is ridiculous now.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-12-19 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just seems silly to me saving as jpg, converting an already compressed jpg to png format, you wouldn't gain any of the benefits of the better format.
    Actually you're not converting jpg > png, when you press Print Screen it copies the image on the screen to the clipboard, so what you are pasting into Paint is the raw image file.

Wanting to revamp my UI but I'm not getting very far with it. Want to try and create something in the same vein as what I'm using in terms of layout/functionality but I really want to make it more nice to look at. It's just very boring right now . Hopefully I can get some work done with it over the next few days and I can get some pictures up.
    Last edited by frantik; 2012-12-19 at 05:51 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    The current border situation looks messy.
    So I went back to 1x multisampling and my borders are nice and crisp.. (: (ignore the filters, just minimap, buffs and unit-frames)

I like the crisp border but I hate playing with 1x multisampling; so I have a dilemma! I'll probably have to switch to 1x multisampling just for screenshots in the future ^^
    Last edited by Hulari; 2012-12-19 at 07:01 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using CleanIcons Thin, it should skin the MSBT icons as they'll be pulled from the default ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Taumma View Post
    I am looking for a buff addon and possibly a minimap addon (had some trouble with sexymap in the start of the expansion where timers weren't properly displayed in challenge modes for example), where it is possible to do consolidated buffs as well as having the option to right click to cancel them in combat. I am looking to create a UI that works alround for me, be it tanking/healing/dpsing/raids/pvp, but I want it to be somewhat clean yet still informative. Any feedback is appriciated.
    I just use the default blizzard buffs, but as far as map addons go, I use Chinchilla and am quite a fan.

http://i.imgur.com/Jbdzv.jpg

UI was looking like this. Then I decided I wanted to change it toooo.....

http://i.imgur.com/bFLae.jpg

This.

Although I can't quite decide which one I'll keep ultimately in the end. The placement of things are very different. Other things that aren't seen on the screen. Like cast bars/focus target frame positions/multiple boss frame positions/etc.

I'll probably just switch from time to time. Who knows. I'm very indecisive.

Mostly done but few tweaks to make with regards to the font/positioning and some addon re-skinning.

http://i45.tinypic.com/34gx1r8.jpg