Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Looks really cool. However, you shouldn't use imageshack to show off the quality of your work XD
    Also, I'm not sure if this is due to imageshack or not, but I noticed a very minor slip-up.
    Explained here: http://screencast.com/t/NJWCJ7kMG
    Thank you for pointing that out. Its actually a very annoying bug with Shadowed Unit Frames. If you change the x axis on the unit frame by a small fraction such as 0.1 then it can fix it I found out with other unit frames in the past however I can't seem to fix that issue on the player frame :S

Imageshack has served me well in the past and so far I haven't seen much wrong with it.

I have followed your suggestions, and had to edit both .lua files. It does indeed look better now.

Last edited by Natrak; 2012-12-21 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out. Its actually a very annoying bug with Shadowed Unit Frames. If you change the x axis on the unit frame by a small fraction such as 0.1 then it can fix it I found out with other unit frames in the past however I can't seem to fix that issue on the player frame :S

Imageshack has served me well in the past and so far I haven't seen much wrong with it.
    Where is the UF anchor at? I've had major issues with all my UF's and border (using SUF aswell). The only thing I had to do was change the anchor from center to one of the edges, then the border went from really crappy at most positions (x,y values) to freaking awesome no matter where I put it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    Where is the UF anchor at? I've had major issues with all my UF's and border (using SUF aswell). The only thing I had to do was change the anchor from center to one of the edges, then the border went from really crappy at most positions (x,y values) to freaking awesome no matter where I put it.
    Thank you for the tip but unfortunately that didn't fix it for me. It only affects 3D portraits that have been positioned left of the unit frame however. Putting it on 2D or having it on the right side fixes it but I would rather avoid doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrak View Post
    I have followed your suggestions, and had to edit both .lua files. It does indeed look better now.

Now change the font to "Elv UI Default"

Deleted

Finally back home for christmas break from the army, so ofc I have to have some fun with the UI.
    Wanted to recreate for my own the layout of HanUI with some personal additions

Still a WIP, but here is what I got atm

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    Finally back home for christmas break from the army, so ofc I have to have some fun with the UI.
    Wanted to recreate for my own the layout of HanUI with some personal additions

Still a WIP, but here is what I got atm

Heya dude, welcome back! Hope you enjoy your time at home and have a good Christmas!

UI is looking good. The one thing that I noticed though is your chat is slightly higher up than your minimap from the bottom bar. You should move it down a little bit or move the minimap up, then get rid of the error text in the middle of the screen.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-22 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Adjusted my Unitframes some based on feedback.

All font the same font.
    Moved target level, classification(Rare, Elite, Boss tagges) and Tapped tag to the upper top right.
    Got rid of current power line.
    Adjusted the power bar.
    Moved power percent to the right next to the power bar.

Looks better! Are you sure you want to keep bar white though? I think it's kinda hard on the eyes.

It's based around ElvUI, however I really only use it for skinning blizzard frames / unit frames. Purpose of my UI is to basically have important information in the center of the screen so I can focus on mechanics / positioning etc when I'm doing raids. Any input is appreciated .
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-22 at 06:46 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    <snip>

It's based around ElvUI, however I really only use it for skinning blizzard frames / unit frames. Purpose of my UI is to basically have important information in the center of the screen so I can focus on mechanics / positioning etc when I'm doing raids. Any input is appreciated .
    Few things i noticed.
    - I see 3 different statusbar textures, try and match them all.
    - Name on your target overlaps current - max HP tags.
    - Names on your raid frames spill out of their frame (limit them down to 5-8 chars)
    - Your Skada or Recount is wider than the datatext bar.

On an unrelated note. I figured out how to get 1px borders on MSBT icons using CleanIcons Thin pack and editing 1 line of code in MSBT.

Now i need to figure out how to do the same to DBM's RaidWarning icons.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-22 at 06:47 AM.

I changed some things around from my last vid to this one.

Deleted

Looking for feedback

a poject i'm working on. needs a lot of work still and would like some comments & feedback.

TO DO:
    the color scheme, I like it but it doesnt feel right.
    the chatframe: if anyone can help me change the font and and get an outline around it would be awesome. it's phanxchat, I like it cause it hides stuf
    an outline around the font in coolline, didn't find that yet.
    an exp bar somewhere.

solo, just showing frames. party on the left, boss on the right.
    http://imgur.com/g65Vi

with raidframes.
    http://imgur.com/Xm7GU

shoot !

StExperience Bar is a rather easy XP bar to handle. Just a simple run through the lua file and you've changed bar texture, border texture, font, size and placement. And it's class colored, so it'll fit right in there.

As for CoolLine and PhanxChat, I don't have any experience with either of those two. Using Chatter instead. Might be a bit more options than I need, but I don't like to mess with the lua in every addon I've got. Takes more than enough time whenever I update them already.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    TO DO:

Open core.lua in the CoolLine folder.

Find the line:
    Code:
    fs:SetFont(smed:Fetch("font", db.font), db.fontsize)
    And change it to:
    Code:
    fs:SetFont(smed:Fetch("font", db.font), db.fontsize, "OUTLINE")
    Credit to someone in this thread, helped me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMia View Post
    youtu.be/NQeUAWgv_8w

I changed some things around from my last vid to this one.
    Nice!

I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Nice!

I like it a lot.
    Thank you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    Now change the font to "Elv UI Default"
    Any chance to get your files, because i like Kripp UI alot, but i can't get rid of Elv ui, i'm too addicted to it

Really nice layout btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    a poject i'm working on. needs a lot of work still and would like some comments & feedback.

TO DO:
    the color scheme, I like it but it doesnt feel right.
    the chatframe: if anyone can help me change the font and and get an outline around it would be awesome. it's phanxchat, I like it cause it hides stuf
    an exp bar somewhere.

solo, just showing frames. party on the left, boss on the right.
    http://imgur.com/g65Vi

with raidframes.
    http://imgur.com/Xm7GU

shoot !
    very nice set up you're putting together there!
    I would like to see where you got them Castbars! Do you have a focus target/focus castbar?
    How do you track dots on several targets?
    And would be nice to see your WeakAura setup aswell! (I assume that's what you're using)