Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #7921
    Epic! solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    I was able to get the power bars like that cause i use Stuf unit frames. Been using Stuf for many years now cause they are by far the most customizable ones out there without a ton of lua effort. I continue to use Stuf with ElvUI for that fact that the Elv ones are somewhat limiting and Stuf's you have full control of where to place things.

    I suppose i can change the direction on my buffs so they start at my minimap. I think they were the way they are in the SS cause i believe the blizz default ones are like that as well. I changed it to start at the map from your suggestion though

    Thanks!

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:50 AM ----------



    ElvUI Nameplates. No matter what size the font i have wants to sit low in the bar. I might poke around and see if i can lua edit an offset.
    ***got it offset now. A 0.5 offset did the trick***
    You might know the answer to my question since you configure ElvUI so much.

    How do you go about increasing the aura size on the elvui nameplates?

    Cheers!

  2. #7922
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Changed my font to expressway free because it looks better! Got some pixel borders back but there's a few that still don't want to work.



    I'm thinking about making the unit-frames taller as the font likes to take up quite a lot of the space now. I'll have a mess around with it after work. If I don't post again I wish everybody a Merry Christmas for tomorrow!
    I like the Expressway RG font way more than this.

  3. #7923
    @bOOURNS; I like that target portrait idea, makes your ui look completely different to pretty much every other ui in here
    @carebear; I agree with you the unitframew need a little more height.

    Would post a screenie but I have no Internet at home until Thursday, posting from my phone.

    Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year!

  4. #7924
    Quick update on my UI

    With the help of the amazing author of Raven i got my buffs/debuffs via some edits to match the "rectangle" look from my actionbar and WeakAuras CD's.


  5. #7925
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Quick update on my UI

    With the help of the amazing author of Raven i got my buffs/debuffs via some edits to match the "rectangle" look from my actionbar and WeakAuras CD's.

    I can see myself in the screenshot!

  6. #7926
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,537
    One last update before santa comes!

    Made the unit-frames bigger. Got pixel borders on nearly everything but it's annoying the hell outa me that some are broken and not aligned so I shoved multisampling up to 4x and now they all fit in, buuut they look a little bit 'fuzzy' again.

    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (when I bother) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  7. #7927
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    One last update before santa comes!

    Made the unit-frames bigger. Got pixel borders on nearly everything but it's annoying the hell outa me that some are broken and not aligned so I shoved multisampling up to 4x and now they all fit in, buuut they look a little bit 'fuzzy' again.

    Your UI! I MUST have it! what is that chat mod?

  8. #7928
    Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Your UI! I MUST have it! what is that chat mod?
    Phanx Chat

    Source: Care and I are like brothers from another mother.

  9. #7929
    Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Phanx Chat

    Source: Care and I are like brothers from another mother.
    Thank you!! Going to be building a new UI tomorrow, unless your brother from another mother will post a .zip/rar

  10. #7930
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Holbæk, Denmark
    Posts
    8
    Two questions:
    1. Where is your actionbars? I can imagine they are 100% faded/hidden, but isn't it difficult remembering all your keybindings and checking your rotation using forteexorcist as your only "guideline"?
    2. Can you post your Damagefont / battletext code? And in that case, what addon is it? Just Miks or something more fancy?:-)

    In advance, thanks a lot!
    Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

    PS: Couldn't quote 'cause I never-ever post on MMO - primarily use EJ for submitting bullcrap, but I must know your UI secrets! ;-)
    PPS: this is for the user "Carebear"

  11. #7931
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkephar View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Where is your actionbars? I can imagine they are 100% faded/hidden, but isn't it difficult remembering all your keybindings and checking your rotation using forteexorcist as your only "guideline"?
    2. Can you post your Damagefont / battletext code? And in that case, what addon is it? Just Miks or something more fancy?:-)

    In advance, thanks a lot!
    Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

    PS: Couldn't quote 'cause I never-ever post on MMO - primarily use EJ for submitting bullcrap, but I must know your UI secrets! ;-)
    PPS: this is for the user "Carebear"
    I'm not Care but can answer.

    1. Actionbars are hidden, remembering keybinds isn't hard due to muscle memory. Takes a few days at most. I can't speak for Care, but when I rebind everything I play with actionbars shown for a few days to familiarize myself with them.

    2. Combat text is most likely xCT+, or MSBT. xCT+ looks like that out of the box, but MSBT can look like that easily.

  12. #7932
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Holbæk, Denmark
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I'm not Care but can answer.

    1. Actionbars are hidden, remembering keybinds isn't hard due to muscle memory. Takes a few days at most. I can't speak for Care, but when I rebind everything I play with actionbars shown for a few days to familiarize myself with them.

    2. Combat text is most likely xCT+, or MSBT. xCT+ looks like that out of the box, but MSBT can look like that easily.
    Greatly appreciated, helped alot!
    Thanks!

  13. #7933
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkephar View Post
    Greatly appreciated, helped alot!
    Thanks!
    99% sure he is using the original xCT and not xCT+.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  14. #7934
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkephar View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Where is your actionbars? I can imagine they are 100% faded/hidden, but isn't it difficult remembering all your keybindings and checking your rotation using forteexorcist as your only "guideline"?
    2. Can you post your Damagefont / battletext code? And in that case, what addon is it? Just Miks or something more fancy?:-)

    In advance, thanks a lot!
    Dearest regards,
    Secret fan

    PS: Couldn't quote 'cause I never-ever post on MMO - primarily use EJ for submitting bullcrap, but I must know your UI secrets! ;-)
    PPS: this is for the user "Carebear"
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I'm not Care but can answer.

    1. Actionbars are hidden, remembering keybinds isn't hard due to muscle memory. Takes a few days at most. I can't speak for Care, but when I rebind everything I play with actionbars shown for a few days to familiarize myself with them.

    2. Combat text is most likely xCT+, or MSBT. xCT+ looks like that out of the box, but MSBT can look like that easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    99% sure he is using the original xCT and not xCT+.
    Yeah I'm using the standard xCT from RothUI (Diablo). As for the keybindings you pretty much hit the nail on the head, playing this game for 7 years and other MMOs for longer you get used to not having to look at what you're pressing and where your buttons/spells are.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (when I bother) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  15. #7935
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    As for the keybindings you pretty much hit the nail on the head, playing this game for 7 years and other MMOs for longer you get used to not having to look at what you're pressing and where your buttons/spells are.
    For me the best way to learn my keybindings is to set them all up and then hide them. Then you get used to them being hidden and instead learn how to do things from memory rather than by checking every so often. It's extremely inefficient the first time you try to do anything with these new bindings but it's a good way to ensure you learn them rather than just looking!

  16. #7936
    Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    For me the best way to learn my keybindings is to set them all up and then hide them. Then you get used to them being hidden and instead learn how to do things from memory rather than by checking every so often. It's extremely inefficient the first time you try to do anything with these new bindings but it's a good way to ensure you learn them rather than just looking!
    for your main spells its easy enough, for cds and spells with like a 10sec+ cd, you should use Weak Auras or a CD timer, it helps alot, i have a few buttons on show to see the "situational" stuff like nitro boosts, ive moved away from having everthing visible, makes my ui look a bit clunky otherwise

    Edit: How my UI looks now; Drayarr UI!
    Edit2: Care, would you mind posting your xCT config?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2012-12-27 at 07:57 PM.

  17. #7937
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Care, would you mind posting your xCT config?
    Here you go! http://pastebin.com/dAL14yDf

    A little off-topic buut! Anybody have a suggestion for an EU server alliance side? Looking to transfer with my girlfriend but I have no idea where to go, PM me any suggestions
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (when I bother) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  18. #7938
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Here you go! http://pastebin.com/dAL14yDf

    A little off-topic buut! Anybody have a suggestion for an EU server alliance side? Looking to transfer with my girlfriend but I have no idea where to go, PM me any suggestions
    Thanks for that.
    Offtopic: depends what you want for pve I'd probably go to silvermoon.....wait what... You have a girlfriend!!!?!!?!!!

  19. #7939
    Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!



  20. #7940
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Testing sexycooldown addon, i like the look but it looks messy when lots of cd's are up with overlapping.. need to try it some more to see if it's a keeper!
    Your UI is just awesome! Even sexycooldown (which usually is an eyesore) looks really good there.
    Would you mind sharing it with a fellow pally? :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •