Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #9381
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    At the moment oUF_Qulight but I've stripped it pretty hard
    I have a very limited knowledge of lua, I guess it depends what you want.
    Suppose it's not as simple as changing textures and fonts to match your ui

  2. #9382
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I have a very limited knowledge of lua, I guess it depends what you want.
    Suppose it's not as simple as changing textures and fonts to match your ui
    I wish it was that simple! Mind you, it probably is and I just do things the hard way, trial and error all the way!

    I managed to add the settings for the party frames and I can easily do all the of statements for health, icons, text and all that jazz but I haven't been able to add the actual frames to make them appear in game without it breaking the layout. I'll try again later after work, super early shift, yay!
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  3. #9383
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I wish it was that simple! Mind you, it probably is and I just do things the hard way, trial and error all the way!

    I managed to add the settings for the party frames and I can easily do all the of statements for health, icons, text and all that jazz but I haven't been able to add the actual frames to make them appear in game without it breaking the layout. I'll try again later after work, super early shift, yay!
    my code, if helping http://pastebin.com/xmvrGvpD i suppose you're missing the second part

  4. #9384
    http://i47.tinypic.com/28t8bjr.jpg

    Something I put together, give me input if you'd like

  5. #9385
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    http://i47.tinypic.com/28t8bjr.jpg

    Something I put together, give me input if you'd like
    Looks pretty decent, atleast first glance, except the 3 big icons below your player frames. They are the only 3 icons that arent perfectly square, they aren't alligned with the frames and the size of the text in them looks way to small, compared to all the other text. Im sure the text is the same size as the rest of the text, but it just looks extreemly small, when put in the center of the big icons. Oh, and all those buttons on your recount makes it look a bit clunky. Maybe slim that part down.

  6. #9386
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    http://i47.tinypic.com/28t8bjr.jpg

    Something I put together, give me input if you'd like
    Lol first time i see someone posting an image using my ui

    EDIT: don't know if you've resized the image or you're playing with a strange resolution, but the font looks...fancy. Should be like in my sig.

  7. #9387
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Lol first time i see someone posting an image using my ui

    EDIT: don't know if you've resized the image or you're playing with a strange resolution, but the font looks...fancy. Should be like in my sig.
    that UI is great, I don't know why the font is weird, I like your signature one better :/ not sure whats wrong

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyMia View Post
    Looks pretty decent, atleast first glance, except the 3 big icons below your player frames. They are the only 3 icons that arent perfectly square, they aren't alligned with the frames and the size of the text in them looks way to small, compared to all the other text. Im sure the text is the same size as the rest of the text, but it just looks extreemly small, when put in the center of the big icons. Oh, and all those buttons on your recount makes it look a bit clunky. Maybe slim that part down.
    How do I slim Recount down? :O

    please tell me all that I can fix with the UI, would love to make it better

  8. #9388
    Also if you intend on sticking to Weak Auras/Power Auras I recommand using Clean Icons, which give buttons a nice border. Looks much better in combination with Cold's UI.
    You can find them on wowinterfaces.com .

  9. #9389
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    Also if you intend on sticking to Weak Auras/Power Auras I recommand using Clean Icons, which give buttons a nice border. Looks much better in combination with Cold's UI.
    You can find them on wowinterfaces.com .
    Downloaded the icons themselves and masque clean icons so the actionbars can get nicer too

  10. #9390
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    that UI is great, I don't know why the font is weird, I like your signature one better :/ not sure whats wrong
    probably your reso and/or a UI scale different from 1 (can be changed from options).

  11. #9391
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    probably your reso and/or a UI scale different from 1 (can be changed from options).
    using 1920x1080 with 1 ui scale, might be that I got a 27" screen? :|

  12. #9392
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    using 1920x1080 with 1 ui scale, might be that I got a 27" screen? :|
    Tinypic shrinks the pic to 1600x900, there's your problem!

    18.11.2006-31.5.2012

  13. #9393
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    51
    heres mine...nothing special.....started with elv then got bored with it so adjusted some things....mind you i am a complete idiot when it comes to addons so be gentle



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  14. #9394
    Hey twin2, do you still have your 3.x interface folder stored somewhere? I'm really interested in your old oUF layout and a few addons which I can't seem to find anywhere else.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:07 PM ----------

    It's quite hard to tell from that little screenshot, I've found imgur to work well for image hosting.
    All I can mention is that the unitframe/castbar texture could use a replacement and that your recount takes up a bit too much space imo.
    Last edited by v1do; 2013-01-06 at 04:08 PM.

  15. #9395
    Quote Originally Posted by v1do View Post
    Hey twin2, do you still have your 3.x interface folder stored somewhere? I'm really interested in your old oUF layout and a few addons which I can't seem to find anywhere else.
    You mean my really old transparent UF's from like 2 years back? :P

    I never updated those, so they would even if i can find the files need a complete rewrite to function with 5.1 and oUF.. i recently removed my UF's from wowinterface.. used to be able to grab those from the archive there.

    I'll dig through my dropbox/mailbox and see what i can find.

  16. #9396
    It's no problem for me, and yes I meant the really old ones.

  17. #9397
    Quote Originally Posted by vije View Post
    Tinypic shrinks the pic to 1600x900, there's your problem!
    Phew - i was thinking i had mess up something in the ui XD

  18. #9398
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    http://i47.tinypic.com/28t8bjr.jpg

    Something I put together, give me input if you'd like
    Those 3 icons look rather bad, so does the actionbars.
    Easy to fix tho, just decrease the size of the buffs under your unitframe to the same size as the ones on your target and make some kgpanels for the actionbars and recount.
    And me personally would remove all the spells you don't really need to track (aspects, AS etc) and hide them which will make the actionbar much smaller.
    This will give a "cleaner" look of it all.

  19. #9399
    Made a couple of changes lately. Main thing has been an edit on the Raid frames to have the powerbar "around" the health to match the look of the player, target and target of target.

    Idle with raid frames displayed to show the recent edit.

  20. #9400
    Your chat panel is 4-5 pixels lower than your recount. I realised how high your res is and I'm wondering if your having problem reading that chat of yours

    Other than that, I'm not sure why you would want a huge portrait in the middle of your screen. Not very functional.
    It's an interesting idea though. Does it double up as a castbar? Probably more screens would do it justice.

    The power bars are neat. I'm not sure about that raid panel though, does it resize in 10-man?

    My last nitpick would be that 1px divider in your minimap and the height of the panel. It's a pretty stupid thing to debate about, but I think it could be little bit shorter.

    It's a nice UI overall. Some cooldown/castbar/dbm/combat screens would be nice.
    Last edited by v1do; 2013-01-07 at 09:57 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •