Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    It's called SohraQuestLog.
    For some reason I dont find that addon on Curse or Wowinterface. Any help?

edit: nevermind, found it on Curse :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    I essentially stopped playing some months ago; but found myself log in last night (account is still active), make a level 1 Paladin, and then build a UI for him.

Three hours in, it looks something like this:

Things are yet to be added and aligned, and the colour of the health bars may need to be adjusted. But I might not even finish it.

Guess I needed to be creative.

You know, I actually really like where this is going.

Keep going!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know how to change the chat font size in ElvUI. I want to test some pixel fonts on it.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    Anyone know how to change the chat font size in ElvUI. I want to test some pixel fonts on it.
    Same way you would with default Blizz UI. Right click the chat tab in the chat frame and select the font size there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Same way you would with default Blizz UI. Right click the chat tab in the chat frame and select the font size there.
    Well I know that, but it doesn't go down past size 12 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    Well I know that, but it doesn't go down past size 12 :P
    You have to edit some code to add more sizes in
    ElvUI -> core -> fonts.lua -> line 21

CHAT_FONT_HEIGHTS = {8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20}

You can see in mine I've added numbers (8, 9, 10, 11). Just add what you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to edit some code to add more sizes in
    ElvUI -> core -> fonts.lua -> line 21

CHAT_FONT_HEIGHTS = {8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20}

You can see in mine I've added numbers (8, 9, 10, 11). Just add what you need.
    Woot, thanks! I think I did this previously but lost it after an update.

Yep. Any edits will be wiped after updating. I can't begin to tell you how i loath updating. Takes me quite some time after I update to re edit everything I've done to my ElvUI (roughly 20 edits). So i only try and update Elv if there's a major bug fix or a new feature i really like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felonidas View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the ideas and comments.

Here's an update:
    That is much better and I really like how you have your enemy nameplates displayed. Which addon is that and the debuff icons that are above that, is that a separate addon or part of the name plate addon? Only thought Tidy Plates could do that but that does not look like Tidy Plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    That is much better and I really like how you have your enemy nameplates displayed. Which addon is that and the debuff icons that are above that, is that a separate addon or part of the name plate addon? Only thought Tidy Plates could do that but that does not look like Tidy Plates.
    Those are ElvUI nameplates and the debuffs are just part Elv's nameplates.

Deleted
    Those are ElvUI nameplates and the debuffs are just part Elv's nameplates.
    Damn that's a shame, will just stick with Tidy Plates for now. Is there an addon which can put debuff icons over name plates? I want to use Aloft and its not in the list of plugins but I've been told that Aloft can do everything and more... probably only if your good with lua.. I don't like the looks of my Tidy Plate nameplates but I can't live without that feature lol

Damn that's a shame, will just stick with Tidy Plates for now. Is there an addon which can put debuff icons over name plates? I want to use Aloft and its not in the list of plugins but I've been told that Aloft can do everything and more... probably only if your good with lua.. I don't like the looks of my Tidy Plate nameplates but I can't live without that feature lol
    No clue, sorry I haven used Tidy Plates or anything else for quite some time now.

Unrelated note here is a new screenshot of mine in raid and combat. Has the HP colors changed from the brighter grey i used to have to dark and updated look on the castbars. (player cast bar border changes class color depending on what I'm playing, and target border changes on class color and red(npc enemy), green(npc friendly).)

Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-10 at 10:21 PM.

[QUOTE=bOOURNS;19776448]No clue, sorry I haven used Tidy Plates or anything else for quite some time now.

Unrelated note here is a new screenshot of mine in raid and combat. Has the HP colors changed from the brighter grey i used to have to dark and updated look on the castbars. (player cast bar border changes class color depending on what I'm playing, and target border changes on class color and red(npc enemy), green(npc friendly).)

I really like it. I love how you have the class colors behind the health bars. The biggest issue I have is the font. It seems to me to take up too much real estate and just isn't very pleasing to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by eculley View Post
    I really like it. I love how you have the class colors behind the health bars. The biggest issue I have is the font. It seems to me to take up too much real estate and just isn't very pleasing to look at.
    The class colors behind are mana/rage/focus/rune power/energy bars. I've edited the ElvUI raid frames to achieve that.

Everyone seems to bitch about my font. I think I'm just going to give up posting screenshots cause of this. The font looks just fine on my screen size and resolution. My screen is a 27" so what looks large for probably most people is pretty small on my screen.

Either way, I'm done with screenshots.

No clue, sorry I haven used Tidy Plates or anything else for quite some time now.

[img]http://www.abload.de/thumb/newui2uu1c.png[/im g]
    Your DBM is touching your chat window. And the (*) on the ToT frame is touching the edge. Also, you always have a 1/1.5/2 rows of text gap at the bottom of your chat window, is your edit box there?

I don't really see why people complain about the font so much. I mean, I see having issues with havings 8s and 0s and Os next to each other because they are so dam similar, mostly the 8s and the 0s. But other than that, the fonts are a nice size, easily readable (though it might take a little while to get used for people who haven't seen the font before, which is normally the case),

The class colors behind are mana/rage/focus/rune power/energy bars. I've edited the ElvUI raid frames to achieve that.

Everyone seems to bitch about my font. I think I'm just going to give up posting screenshots cause of this. The font looks just fine on my screen size and resolution. My screen is a 27" so what looks large for probably most people is pretty small on my screen.

Either way, I'm done with screenshots.
    Mate, honestly your UI looks immaculate with the grey health bars, I think that change just dropped the cherry ontop of a well crafted cake, I would love to try it out some time
    With the grey health bars the font looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Your DBM is touching your chat window. And the (*) on the ToT frame is touching the edge. Also, you always have a 1/1.5/2 rows of text gap at the bottom of your chat window, is your edit box there?

I don't really see why people complain about the font so much. I mean, I see having issues with havings 8s and 0s and Os next to each other because they are so dam similar, mostly the 8s and the 0s. But other than that, the fonts are a nice size, easily readable (though it might take a little while to get used for people who haven't seen the font before, which is normally the case),
    Yeah i noticed the DBM thing after making the SS, somehow it got moved, I'll fix it. The (*) in the ToT frame is the stupid marker for someone on another server and never noticed or planed for that when i placed the name text for it, also will fix.

Thanks!

(I also didn't notice till looking at the screenshot i forgot the boss frame health and power colors need to be changed how the rest is.)

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Mate, honestly your UI looks immaculate with the grey health bars, I think that change just dropped the cherry ontop of a well crafted cake, I would love to try it out some time
    With the grey health bars the font looks better.
    Thanks! Even though i refused for so long to use dark grey health, it really makes the class color power bars behind the health stand out better.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-10 at 11:54 PM.

I am pretty sure you can recreate the same look that is on the UI with Tidy Plates: Threat Plates

Snippy Snip
    What "dps" meter is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    What "dps" meter is that?
    Skada with an edited texture to give the 1px black spacing and kgpanels to give the 1px black border around it.