Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    My Lua skill stretches to moving, resizing and changing font/texture paths. Hence asking for someone who was more capable than myself :P
    Thanks for this however, will give it a bash later on, working on an essay for college at the mo.
    Yeah, I've been there too. Makes it easier when you kinda know what you're looking for within the lua.
    Hopefully it works for you the same way it did for me. I did wonder why this wasn't in the ingame options though. Would make this addon quite a bit better just by adding this ingame.

Hey guys,

I just started working a new UI, the idea behind it would be to replace everything I can with custom WeakAuras.

What I have for now :

What I manage to do in WeakAuras so far is HealthBar (player/target), PowerBar(player/target), target name, level, percentages and castbar.
    The bad thing is I suck at doing graphic stuff, so I'm stuck with the textures that come with WeakAuras for the moment.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-12 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ady2pak View Post
    What do you guys think?
    Obstructive and hard to read.

Other than that, there are a lot of other things you could do to improve the UI.

First of all, you don't need two cast bars. Secondly, as a non-caster, your Cast Bar isn't all that important. Instead you could switch places of the Cast Bars and your 'Tiger Power'-meter, as the second is far more important to keep an eye on during combat.

Do you need your Backpack button to show? How often do you actually press that with your mouse, over using the keybind to access it? The Menu Bar could be set to auto-hide to save you some screen space.

Your Action Bars in the bottom-right corner seem awfully inaccessible.

The Damage Meter is hard to read when it's just floating in the air. It is also far wider than it needs to be.

More than that; there is a lot you could do in the name of consistency. Such as using the same textures across the interface. Not breaking the 'two fonts'-rule. And otherwise generally just align things better.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2013-01-12 at 06:37 PM.

Having 4 UI's being used by various people has become quite the task to keep up-to-date, while also juggling progression and work. But I finally managed to get another one of my UI's cleaned up.

This one is my UI 100% influenced by Care's stuff. Enjoy!

Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Thanks for the feedback. I've cleaned it up a bit.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-12 at 09:03 PM.

Having problem with my Unitframe borders, missing a portion of the border on the edge of the power bar. See Screenie Below

Anyone got any ideas what I've done/how to fix it, tried moving it around pixel by pixel to see if it popped back up but its not working

Nevermind, Reloading fixed it, lol.
    ---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:56 PM ----------

i.imgur.com/D3zq4.jpg
    i.imgur.com/4YG4g.jpg
    Scale the bars down.
    Scale Recount down, unless you are blind you don't need it taking up 1/3rd of your screen
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-12 at 09:40 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Having 4 UI's being used by various people has become quite the task to keep up-to-date, while also juggling progression and work. But I finally managed to get another one of my UI's cleaned up.

This one is my UI 100% influenced by Care's stuff. Enjoy!

screenshot
    Looks good. I have been thinking about putting actionbars back into my UI and I think you've made me want to try it!

A big shout out to Twin2 (nin) for helping me sort out the problem I was having with my Party Frames. I just need to mess around with them to get them to fit in.

PS. Curse you screenshots folder for putting the new images at the beginning! Made me upload the wrong image XD.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Looks good. I have been thinking about putting actionbars back into my UI and I think you've made me want to try it!

A big shout out to Twin2 (nin) for helping me sort out the problem I was having with my Party Frames. I just need to mess around with them to get them to fit in.

PS. Curse you screenshots folder for putting the new images at the beginning! Made me upload the wrong image XD.
    Haha, looks nice tho Care. The non-pixel font looks good!

Greatly improved.

Mkaii, so...I just logged back in and the 1px black border around my unitframes has disappeared from the right side and along the bottom, anyone know wtf is causing this?

5man Combat

Boss Frames need to be aligned. ><
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-13 at 01:39 AM.

Mkaii, so...I just logged back in and the 1px black border around my unitframes has disappeared from the right side and along the bottom, anyone know wtf is causing this?

5man Combat

Boss Frames need to be aligned. ><
    Do you have "Auto Scale" turned on in ElvUI? If so turn it off. This might fix that.

Other than that i don't know. I get the same-ish kinda thing but instead of erasing the border I'll get 2px lines instead of 1px depending on what x, y i have the frame at and takes a ton of tweaking to have them in spots where it doesn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Do you have "Auto Scale" turned on in ElvUI? If so turn it off. This might fix that.

Other than that i don't know. I get the same-ish kinda thing but instead of erasing the border I'll get 2px lines instead of 1px depending on what x, y i have the frame at and takes a ton of tweaking to have them in spots where it doesn't do that.
    Will check the auto scale setting.
    Been literally moving the frames around 1px at a time to find the "sweet spot" but to no avail.
    Will take some raid screens tomorrow night so you can have a peak at how its looking.
    Also, found the "perfect" font size so my pixel font doesn't look like a kid writing on my screen!

Edit; It's not the auto scale thing, ugh. This will get on my nerves.
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-13 at 02:11 AM.

Any suggestions would be great.

Will check the auto scale setting.
    Been literally moving the frames around 1px at a time to find the "sweet spot" but to no avail.
    Will take some raid screens tomorrow night so you can have a peak at how its looking.
    Look forward to seeing it in action. I've also for some time have noticed you're minimap has been missing it's top border.

You should use kgpanels to make a 1px border around your eclipse bar. (anchor it to the bar if it's a hide OOC kinda thing)

Off topic I've somehow managed to figure out how to fix the non pixelmode borders for my raid frames to look like how they were in pixelmode. So I also should have a in raid screenie soon. (absolutely shocked i figured out a way of doing this with my severe lack of lua knowledge!) So now my UI all the way through has that same border(thats been previously seen on my unit/raid frames).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post

Any suggestions would be great.

Make castbars, unit frames and raid frames the same skin. Also I would clean up the info on the unit frames - meaning I would only have it show % and not actual numbers for mana/health.

Look forward to seeing it in action. I've also for some time have noticed you're minimap has been missing it's top border.

You should use kgpanels to make a 1px border around your eclipse bar. (anchor it to the bar if it's a hide OOC kinda thing)

Off topic I've somehow managed to figure out how to fix the non pixelmode borders for my raid frames to look like how they were in pixelmode. So I also should have a in raid screenie soon. (absolutely shocked i figured out a way of doing this with my severe lack of lua knowledge!) So now my UI all the way through has that same border(thats been previously seen on my unit/raid frames).
    Minimap border is pissing me off, its fine when map is bottom right corner, top left; different story.
    The Eclipse bar is giving me bother, tried the LUA code change someone posted yesterday didn't seem to work for m

Bloom/HDR Mod Thingy

Any idea on how to stop my screens going all blurry in the middle after I upload them?
    Can the wow client save screenshots as bitmaps?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-13 at 02:47 AM.

Minimap border is pissing me off, its fine when map is bottom right corner, top left; different story.
    The Eclipse bar is giving me bother, tried the LUA code change someone posted yesterday didn't seem to work for m

Bloom/HDR Mod Thingy

Any idea on how to stop my screens going all blurry in the middle after I upload them?
    kgpanels should work well for making a border for the eclipse bar.

You can set in the config.wtf for wow to save imagequality 10 and also png format (this might be mac only though)

kgpanels should work well for making a border for the eclipse bar.

You can set in the config.wtf for wow to save imagequality 10 and also png format (this might be mac only though)
    PNG doesn't work on Microshit Windblows.
    I'm crap at using KGPanels
    Tempted to use your raid frame idea, grey healthbars with class color back drops

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Code:
    /console screenshotQuality 10
    Type that ingame.