Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #8341
    Anyone know how I can get spells that require chi to activate properly? I want blackout kick, breath of fire, etc to act like the spells with cooldowns do and move left to right when I use them and I can't figure out what to set in weakauras to do that.

    Dummy UI Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q4bSOEZFw0

    The white number below my player frame is for elusive brew stacks, I don't know if I should have it there or just go with the icon above shuffle if I can get it to go away when I actually use it since it's in the bar above the player frame as well and I just need to see how many charges I have on it.

  2. #8342
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You're raiding with actual bad players if threat is ever a problem. Sorry.
    When I pop all of my cooldowns (as a moonkin) and the first cast finishes (not even lands) when our pull timer hits 0, I sometimes pull aggro. I also sometimes pull aggro after an add spawns and I've had good burst on it. This is usually countered by salvation but sometimes due to personal failiure (which always is going to be happening), it's not enough. Most notably on heroic Un'sok where the tank is running when we pull and I don't wait.

    Oh, and the "actual bad players" have better world rank than you do. Hell, our tank recently even was in the rank 1 guild around before joining ours.

    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Actually yeah it really is. The ONLY way anyone can pull threat now is if you popped all your CDs right on the pull and went all out before a tank hits the mob, or the tank goes AFK mid fight to go make a sandwich. Nameplates are way more than enough to gauge threat on things like trash packs. So really there isn't a need for another addon telling you something nameplates already tell you. On top of this WoW displays warnings that you're gaining/losing aggro why have a meter for it to tell you what you already know.

    I don't see any benefit to knowing you're 236.74629k behind the tank in threat and is just wasted memory and CPU cycles IMO.

    Anyways I still stand by that. He wanted ideas to clean his UI and for me getting rid of multiple displays of the same thing is a quick and easy way to lessen clutter.
    The omen can still be shown in a very minimalistic way. I don't see any issues with it when it takes less than 1% of my screen. (http://i.imgur.com/opVRT.jpg for reference, bottom right corner, still takes a bit too much space due to my slackiness).

    I guess you just don't burst too much when you pull bosses.

  3. #8343
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    When I pop all of my cooldowns (as a moonkin) and the first cast finishes (not even lands) when our pull timer hits 0, I sometimes pull aggro. I also sometimes pull aggro after an add spawns and I've had good burst on it. This is usually countered by salvation but sometimes due to personal failiure (which always is going to be happening), it's not enough. Most notably on heroic Un'sok where the tank is running when we pull and I don't wait.

    Oh, and the "actual bad players" have better world rank than you do. Hell, our tank recently even was in the rank 1 guild around before joining ours.


    The omen can still be shown in a very minimalistic way. I don't see any issues with it when it takes less than 1% of my screen. (http://i.imgur.com/opVRT.jpg for reference, bottom right corner, still takes a bit too much space due to my slackiness).

    I guess you just don't burst too much when you pull bosses.
    I have the same issues with threat on pull (moonkin here too) Using skada as threat just for first 30sec so I dont get punched in the face by the boss.
    Omen, seems a bit of a waste when you can use a dps meter to do the same thing.

  4. #8344
    Field Marshal Sagryth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    55
    Not too long ago ; http://i.minus.com/iKEnpCSVvxD7l.jpg
    Trying something different, inspired by you-know-who (perhaps?)

  5. #8345
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    Not too long ago ; http://i.minus.com/iKEnpCSVvxD7l.jpg
    Trying something different, inspired by you-know-who (perhaps?)
    Unit-frames are off center?

  6. #8346
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    When I pop all of my cooldowns (as a moonkin) and the first cast finishes (not even lands) when our pull timer hits 0, I sometimes pull aggro. I also sometimes pull aggro after an add spawns and I've had good burst on it. This is usually countered by salvation but sometimes due to personal failiure (which always is going to be happening), it's not enough. Most notably on heroic Un'sok where the tank is running when we pull and I don't wait.

    Oh, and the "actual bad players" have better world rank than you do. Hell, our tank recently even was in the rank 1 guild around before joining ours.


    The omen can still be shown in a very minimalistic way. I don't see any issues with it when it takes less than 1% of my screen. (http://i.imgur.com/opVRT.jpg for reference, bottom right corner, still takes a bit too much space due to my slackiness).

    I guess you just don't burst too much when you pull bosses.
    My mainspec is resto so no I do not burst too much on the pull.

    It's still pointless to have. Since you just told us 2 examples of when you can pull threat, is having Omen really goog to stop you from mashing your buttons and pull. I highly doubt it. Besides Blizzard default warnings on the screen would let you know you're about to gain aggro long before you would even notice on Omen.

    You also admitted to not waiting a sec for the tank to run in. Maybe not dpsing like an asshole and let your tanks hit the boss or add first. >_<

    Every example you gave are 100% your fault and Omen can't fix that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 12:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    Not too long ago ; http://i.minus.com/iKEnpCSVvxD7l.jpg
    Trying something different, inspired by you-know-who (perhaps?)
    On top of the previous comment of the off set unit frames you're not showing us much. Maybe post a combat shot, so we can see it in action.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-19 at 07:28 PM.

  7. #8347
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    When I pop all of my cooldowns (as a moonkin) and the first cast finishes (not even lands) when our pull timer hits 0, I sometimes pull aggro. I also sometimes pull aggro after an add spawns and I've had good burst on it. This is usually countered by salvation but sometimes due to personal failiure (which always is going to be happening), it's not enough. Most notably on heroic Un'sok where the tank is running when we pull and I don't wait.

    Oh, and the "actual bad players" have better world rank than you do. Hell, our tank recently even was in the rank 1 guild around before joining ours.
    You realize that in all the scenarios you listed Omen wouldn't help, right? Or do you actually stop casting if you overaggro at start?

    You said that you raided with actual good players and because of that overaggro happens yet everything you listed is because of personal failures.

    And when did world rank ever determine how good a player is? There are plenty of people in top guilds that are horrible.
    Last edited by Ariadne; 2013-01-19 at 08:18 PM.

  8. #8348
    My point was that with omen I can actually check how much threat I'm doing and then loosen DPS if needed. Blizzard's default threat tracking wasn't working the last time I checked (in cata or even wrath, a long time ago nevertheless) and I find starting my DPS immediately and maybe pulling aggro more productive than standing idle for a second or two.

    bOOURNS, "dpsing like an asshole." Where does all this hate sprout from? Thanks a lot...

    Ariadne, ok. 1) I agree that omen wouldn't have helped in the add example but on pull? Most definitely it will. And in case of overaggro, I don't stop casting. I slow my DPS down. And if you didn't notice, the boss example was Un'sok, where our tank runs with the boss trying to follow him. He doesn't get all of the hits through while I do.

    2) World rank doesn't determine player skill. I'd still say it gives a good estimate, especially as I play in a 10 man guild, where one player makes a bigger difference than in a 25 man guild.

    PS. Sorry, I didn't really understand what your 2nd paragraph meant.

    On topic: Any ideas to improve my UI? Besides removing Omen?

  9. #8349
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    My point was that with omen I can actually check how much threat I'm doing and then loosen DPS if needed. Blizzard's default threat tracking wasn't working the last time I checked (in cata or even wrath, a long time ago nevertheless) and I find starting my DPS immediately and maybe pulling aggro more productive than standing idle for a second or two.

    bOOURNS, "dpsing like an asshole." Where does all this hate sprout from? Thanks a lot...

    Ariadne, ok. 1) I agree that omen wouldn't have helped in the add example but on pull? Most definitely it will. And in case of overaggro, I don't stop casting. I slow my DPS down. And if you didn't notice, the boss example was Un'sok, where our tank runs with the boss trying to follow him. He doesn't get all of the hits through while I do.

    2) World rank doesn't determine player skill. I'd still say it gives a good estimate, especially as I play in a 10 man guild, where one player makes a bigger difference than in a 25 man guild.

    PS. Sorry, I didn't really understand what your 2nd paragraph meant.

    On topic: Any ideas to improve my UI? Besides removing Omen?
    First off its not hate. When I said "dpsing like an asshole" it means dpsing too aggressive before your tank has done anything. (which is purely the fault of the dpser) It is not in anyway calling you an asshole. Sorry for any confusion.

    As far as your UI maybe add a icon pack to have all the icons skinned similarly. Half your icons have a skin while the other half are default. Also your castbar is too short on the left side compared to the raid frames.

  10. #8350
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Sorry Tree! Used to going off topic in rogue forums! So anything I can change about my UI to make it my synergised?
    Remove Omen, pretty useless nowadays with threat on tanks buffed so much since late ICC when vengeance and 500% modifiers. Your actionbars are way offcenter and is it really neccecary to show 35 debuffs on your target?
    Also, you could remove the bagbar and set the microbar to mouse/over or just low-alpha in general and reposition it. Consider making it 1 row or 1 column and have it on the edge on the screen somewhere.

    Other than that, maybe try to align your addons. Your boss-unit frame could be resized to look similar to the DBM (?) bars and overall your Unitframes could be thinner while keeping the width.

    That's just personal preference though.

  11. #8351
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    My point was that with omen I can actually check how much threat I'm doing and then loosen DPS if needed. Blizzard's default threat tracking wasn't working the last time I checked (in cata or even wrath, a long time ago nevertheless) and I find starting my DPS immediately and maybe pulling aggro more productive than standing idle for a second or two.

    bOOURNS, "dpsing like an asshole." Where does all this hate sprout from? Thanks a lot...

    Ariadne, ok. 1) I agree that omen wouldn't have helped in the add example but on pull? Most definitely it will. And in case of overaggro, I don't stop casting. I slow my DPS down. And if you didn't notice, the boss example was Un'sok, where our tank runs with the boss trying to follow him. He doesn't get all of the hits through while I do.

    2) World rank doesn't determine player skill. I'd still say it gives a good estimate, especially as I play in a 10 man guild, where one player makes a bigger difference than in a 25 man guild.

    PS. Sorry, I didn't really understand what your 2nd paragraph meant.

    On topic: Any ideas to improve my UI? Besides removing Omen?
    Why wouldn't your tank just taunt if you overaggro on pull instead of you "slowing" DPS down (still don't know how you slow DPS down without stop casting).

    My second paragraph:

    You said that overaggro happens because you play with actual good players. That would imply that these players who are good are doing something more than normal players to get overaggro. But when you later gave examples, all of the examples were examples of bad play and had nothing to do with being good.

    Regarding your UI: Do you like having the cast bar so far down? Where do you track your cooldowns? Is it the actionbar at the bottom?

  12. #8352




    Hi. Gimme things I can/should change please.

  13. #8353
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post




    Hi. Gimme things I can/should change please.

    Looks pretty damn good. I'm not a fan of the outline on the scrolling damage text though

  14. #8354
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/Urn5PPR.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/cUDFeFN.jpg

    Hi. Gimme things I can/should change please.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    Looks pretty damn good. I'm not a fan of the outline on the scrolling damage text though
    I don't see anything wrong with the outline on the scrolling damage text.

    I don't understand why you don't have an outline on your chat font. (Chat doesn't have a background, whereas a lot of the fonts that you are using WITH outlines do have backgrounds. You'd think that chat would need an outline more if anything...)
    Also, adding an outline to the fonts on your damage meter and boss mods would possibly make them "fit in" better.
    I understand that the texture on the unitframes is to add some spice to the UI but it just doesn't match the damage meter or the boss mods :\ it looks quite clunky in my eyes.
    The shadows around the buffs in the top right and the actionbar beneath your player frame need reducing by around 50%. They look huge compared to the shadows on the unitframes and tooltip. Also the shadows on the actionbar need to be made darker. They're not as intense as the rest.
    I'm not sure how easy it would be to do as I've never really put much work into altering borders of AddOns, but maybe adding a shadowed border to the minimap and damage meter would make them both look super awesome!

    Just my 2c. Hope I was of some help
    Last edited by Pixil; 2013-01-20 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Format

  15. #8355
    I have a quick question to anyone that can answer. I am using Pitbull 4 and I want to remove my name but keep the name of my target. I am not great with lua so I am unable to write anything to be able to do this. Can anyone help me with this?

  16. #8356
    Mechagnome MayronEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    528
    Hey I've been working on a new UI since I was bored with my old one recently. It probably doesn't look as nice but I wanted to try out a different placement of UI elements. I am not happy with this at the moment and have a lot to change before its ever finished. What's your opinion?


  17. #8357
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealousSpartan View Post
    I have a quick question to anyone that can answer. I am using Pitbull 4 and I want to remove my name but keep the name of my target. I am not great with lua so I am unable to write anything to be able to do this. Can anyone help me with this?
    This isn't the proper thread for addon troubleshooting. That being said I suggest you take a better look in the settings, more specifically player unit settings and it wouldn't be hard to figure out how.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Hey I've been working on a new UI since I was bored with my old one recently. It probably doesn't look as nice but I wanted to try out a different placement of UI elements. I am not happy with this at the moment and have a lot to change before its ever finished. What's your opinion?

    Looks pretty good. I suggest maybe changing the chat background to something more transparent, 40-50%. Same for whatever that right black frame. If that is your meters and its done with kgpanels parent it to it so it hides when you hide the meters. Just looks odd to have a giant black frame with nothing in it for no reason.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-20 at 01:49 AM.

  18. #8358
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    This isn't the proper thread for addon troubleshooting. That being said I suggest you take a better look in the settings, more specifically player unit settings and it wouldn't be hard to figure out how.

    My bad, I will take it elsewhere.

  19. #8359
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealousSpartan View Post
    My bad, I will take it elsewhere.
    I was just saying for the future.

    I haven't used Pitbull since wrath days, but it honestly should be as easy as going into the player unit text setting and disabling the tag that is being used for the name on your player frame.

  20. #8360
    Mechagnome MayronEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    528
    Looks pretty good. I suggest maybe changing the chat background to something more transparent, 40-50%. Same for whatever that right black frame. If that is your meters and its done with kgpanels parent it to it so it hides when you hide the meters. Just looks odd to have a giant black frame with nothing in it for no reason.
    Thanks will do. Its actually my Grid Raid frames and its frustrating that I need to have profiles for each raid mode so that the width change depending on how many people can fit in the raid group to fit the shape...

    I had the right background box showing since it looked uneven without it... Not sure how I can get around that though so I will take your advice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •