Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    What border are you using for almost everything (the grey one)? And is it Kgpanels around the chat/minimap etc?
    If so, did you simply make 2 borders for each? The grey one and the shadow?
    Also, what statusbar are you using for the unitframes and skada?
    Map grey border is standard ElvUI border when PixelMode is turned off in the general options. The chat and Skada borders were added with kgpanels. Yeah the kgpanel borders are multiple panels. Black edges, grey inner and shadows (in the case of the map it's just one panel for the shadow)

Thanks for all the helpful replies everyone. Anyone have a suggestion for mimicing the elvui raid frames? The closest I got to mimicing them was playing A LOT with Vuhdo but even then; vuhdo doesn't support smooth health bars on their raid frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    By adding slight transparency to the black frame holding the Player/Target Name/Level/Race underneath your Unit Frames, you could lift the UI in appearance.

Also, having a light grey border around your Chatbox, Minimap and Recount makes the UI look inconsistent.

Consider reducing the space between the left and right Action Bars to the centre.

And add a proper frame to (what I assume is) your Target of Target frame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Map grey border is standard ElvUI border when PixelMode is turned off in the general options. The chat and Skada borders were added with kgpanels. Yeah the kgpanel borders are multiple panels. Black edges, grey inner and shadows (in the case of the map it's just one panel for the shadow)
    Ah so you're using elvui?
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-01-21 at 08:40 PM.

Hehe the previous page got rather heated!

Here we go again...

General shizzle.

Power Auras (Should probably switch to Weak Auras. But effort.)

As always; open to suggestions regarding what I can improve!
    Last edited by Pixil; 2013-01-22 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Format

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Power Auras (Should probably switch to Weak Auras. But effort.)
    abload.de/thumb/2013-01-22_0036ajux0.png

As always; open to suggestions regarding what I can improve!

Do the power auras do all you want them too? If so, why 'fix' what is not broken?

OT: I'm getting very jealous of everyone with such high resolutions. To the point I think someone should send me their monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Do the power auras do all you want them too? If so, why 'fix' what is not broken?

OT: I'm getting very jealous of everyone with such high resolutions. To the point I think someone should send me their monitor.
    Well yeah if it does everything you want it to, there is no reason to switch. Unless you're bored and you just wanna experiment. I mean there's a good chance you'll discover something about weakauras that you really like.. lol.

Also, if you want a new monitor (if you're in the US) I'd suggest subscribing to the newegg weekly newsletter and check out their sales. They often have monitors on sale that are pretty good. That's where I got my last one. Just make sure you go to camelegg or some other pricehistory checker to see if it's actually a sale...

10+ Year Old Account
    My UI

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    /resume lurk
    No. No more lurk for you, UPDATE YOUR UI! :P

Serious note however, where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    Well yeah if it does everything you want it to, there is no reason to switch. Unless you're bored and you just wanna experiment. I mean there's a good chance you'll discover something about weakauras that you really like.. lol.
    Xanafriel, you make an excellent point! I also feel the same way. However psychoholic123 has answered fairly well. There are a few things I'd like from Power Auras that I do not have, and I imagine that Weak Auras would. I may just experiment with Weak Auras for now, as psychoholic123 says, and see how it goes. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    By adding slight transparency to the black frame holding the Player/Target Name/Level/Race underneath your Unit Frames, you could lift the UI in appearance.

Also, having a light grey border around your Chatbox, Minimap and Recount makes the UI look inconsistent.

Consider reducing the space between the left and right Action Bars to the centre.

And add a proper frame to (what I assume is) your Target of Target frame.
    Thank you for the feedback. I will alter the light grey border and reduce the spacing between bars but I cannot increase the transparency for the black bar underneath the health and mana bars because that would reduce the background as a whole since it shares that black colour with the background near the mana and health which I think looks bad. And I don't know how I would give the target of target frame its own frames without it looking very odd and inconsistent which the player and target frame. I like that how it is But thanks again for the feedback!

Yeah, I share your jealousy, playing at 1440x900 atm, all the UI's on here are MASSIVExMASSIVE

Tweaked around a little.Would love some feedback if folks would be so kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have done allot of changes to the UI in the past 3 weeks and I think I finaly have it how I want. I'm now just looking to improove on the visuals as the functionality is how I want it so just looking for any feed back (good or bad) on what looks good or should be changed!

No decent screen shots atm but I do have it in action here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zgin-yjCLQ

Deleted
    hi guys and gals

i was wondering if anyone knew of a buff/debuff addon that i can skin to match the rest of my ui...right now i have ElvUI turned on for this but i can't really change anything
    thanks

heres my ui

http://www.uploadffs.nl/ODa

psychoholic123: You're definitely right, I guess I'm just slow to change things unless there is a feature I know the other has for sure. I am Canadian, and am intending on buying new just need the $ first.

Pixil: I'm sure you'll come out with something nice, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Yeah, I share your jealousy, playing at 1440x900 atm, all the UI's on here are MASSIVExMASSIVE
    Also 1440x900. You've done some great work with that resolution! I'll try to post mine in a bit, rebuilding it after coming back to the game. You've definitely given me some ideas (as have many here).

[QUOTE=Malcanthet;19941162]Tweaked around a little.Would love some feedback if folks would be so kind.

If you use pixel font make sure to have it in the entire UI (you can eventually skip chat). This means Skada/Recount and Weak Auras should have pixel fonts.

Deleted
    Coming up on a final version, the text is looking BETTER, but not perfect however I think it looks nice as it is!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Coming up on a final version, the text is looking BETTER, but not perfect however I think it looks nice as it is!

I like it! It's a tad to simple / empty for my personal taste but I like the way it looks. Only think I can see out of place is the health bar size on the tolltip box being half the size of the HP number while your other 2 healthbar frames have the HP inside the bar.

The green on Green bar and HP # looks a bit wierd but hey to each there own!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyka View Post
    hi guys and gals

i was wondering if anyone knew of a buff/debuff addon that i can skin to match the rest of my ui...right now i have ElvUI turned on for this but i can't really change anything
    thanks

heres my ui

http://www.uploadffs.nl/ODa

Great UI and very similar to my new one. Placement of UI elements is near enough the same except I have the minimap and damage meter the switched around lol. I just use a buff addon such as PhanxBuffs but any buff addon would do. Then I just use Masque with a plugin to skin it. I suggest Masque: Darion as that should go well with your UI.