Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Xanafriel View Post
    Do the power auras do all you want them too? If so, why 'fix' what is not broken?

OT: I'm getting very jealous of everyone with such high resolutions. To the point I think someone should send me their monitor.
    Well yeah if it does everything you want it to, there is no reason to switch. Unless you're bored and you just wanna experiment. I mean there's a good chance you'll discover something about weakauras that you really like.. lol.

Also, if you want a new monitor (if you're in the US) I'd suggest subscribing to the newegg weekly newsletter and check out their sales. They often have monitors on sale that are pretty good. That's where I got my last one. Just make sure you go to camelegg or some other pricehistory checker to see if it's actually a sale...

My UI

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    /resume lurk
    No. No more lurk for you, UPDATE YOUR UI! :P

Serious note however, where have you been?

Do the power auras do all you want them too? If so, why 'fix' what is not broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    Well yeah if it does everything you want it to, there is no reason to switch. Unless you're bored and you just wanna experiment. I mean there's a good chance you'll discover something about weakauras that you really like.. lol.
    Xanafriel, you make an excellent point! I also feel the same way. However psychoholic123 has answered fairly well. There are a few things I'd like from Power Auras that I do not have, and I imagine that Weak Auras would. I may just experiment with Weak Auras for now, as psychoholic123 says, and see how it goes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    By adding slight transparency to the black frame holding the Player/Target Name/Level/Race underneath your Unit Frames, you could lift the UI in appearance.

Also, having a light grey border around your Chatbox, Minimap and Recount makes the UI look inconsistent.

Consider reducing the space between the left and right Action Bars to the centre.

And add a proper frame to (what I assume is) your Target of Target frame.
    Thank you for the feedback. I will alter the light grey border and reduce the spacing between bars but I cannot increase the transparency for the black bar underneath the health and mana bars because that would reduce the background as a whole since it shares that black colour with the background near the mana and health which I think looks bad. And I don't know how I would give the target of target frame its own frames without it looking very odd and inconsistent which the player and target frame. I like that how it is But thanks again for the feedback!

OT: I'm getting very jealous of everyone with such high resolutions. To the point I think someone should send me their monitor.
    Yeah, I share your jealousy, playing at 1440x900 atm, all the UI's on here are MASSIVExMASSIVE

Tweaked around a little.Would love some feedback if folks would be so kind.

I have done allot of changes to the UI in the past 3 weeks and I think I finaly have it how I want. I'm now just looking to improove on the visuals as the functionality is how I want it so just looking for any feed back (good or bad) on what looks good or should be changed!

No decent screen shots atm but I do have it in action here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zgin-yjCLQ

hi guys and gals

i was wondering if anyone knew of a buff/debuff addon that i can skin to match the rest of my ui...right now i have ElvUI turned on for this but i can't really change anything
    thanks

heres my ui

http://www.uploadffs.nl/ODa

psychoholic123: You're definitely right, I guess I'm just slow to change things unless there is a feature I know the other has for sure. I am Canadian, and am intending on buying new just need the $ first.

Pixil: I'm sure you'll come out with something nice, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Yeah, I share your jealousy, playing at 1440x900 atm, all the UI's on here are MASSIVExMASSIVE
    Also 1440x900. You've done some great work with that resolution! I'll try to post mine in a bit, rebuilding it after coming back to the game. You've definitely given me some ideas (as have many here).

[QUOTE=Malcanthet;19941162]Tweaked around a little.Would love some feedback if folks would be so kind.

If you use pixel font make sure to have it in the entire UI (you can eventually skip chat). This means Skada/Recount and Weak Auras should have pixel fonts.

Coming up on a final version, the text is looking BETTER, but not perfect however I think it looks nice as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Coming up on a final version, the text is looking BETTER, but not perfect however I think it looks nice as it is!

I like it! It's a tad to simple / empty for my personal taste but I like the way it looks. Only think I can see out of place is the health bar size on the tolltip box being half the size of the HP number while your other 2 healthbar frames have the HP inside the bar.

The green on Green bar and HP # looks a bit wierd but hey to each there own!

Quote Originally Posted by Danyka View Post
    hi guys and gals

i was wondering if anyone knew of a buff/debuff addon that i can skin to match the rest of my ui...right now i have ElvUI turned on for this but i can't really change anything
    thanks

heres my ui

http://www.uploadffs.nl/ODa

Great UI and very similar to my new one. Placement of UI elements is near enough the same except I have the minimap and damage meter the switched around lol. I just use a buff addon such as PhanxBuffs but any buff addon would do. Then I just use Masque with a plugin to skin it. I suggest Masque: Darion as that should go well with your UI.

http://imgur.com/ccnlX23

I recently posted inn this thread about my UI. Now its time for 2.0, while not much as changed overall, I put alot off work into the little things and trying to learn more.

My own toughs: I haft to consider if I can play with much smaller abblities bars, cause 3 of them fills alot. Its hard for me to not have them showen trough, a habit.

Basicly, I know my UI is nothing speciel, but by now I'm quit happy with it. I feel like it does everything I want (Some things dosen't show inn this pic, cause I wanted a picture that was more clean than last time I posted) and nothing could really be changed much.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

I recently posted inn this thread about my UI. Now its time for 2.0, while not much as changed overall, I put alot off work into the little things and trying to learn more.

My own toughs: I haft to consider if I can play with much smaller abblities bars, cause 3 of them fills alot. Its hard for me to not have them showen trough, a habit.

Basicly, I know my UI is nothing speciel, but by now I'm quit happy with it. I feel like it does everything I want (Some things dosen't show inn this pic, cause I wanted a picture that was more clean than last time I posted) and nothing could really be changed much.
    I don't want to be rude mate but it looks like you have downloaded a bunch of addons and just moved them around a bit.

thanks Pharrax.....your new UI is reaaaally great! i like it alot. Used your suggestion and got Phanxbuffs, perfect :-) ...thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I don't want to be rude mate but it looks like you have downloaded a bunch of addons and just moved them around a bit.
    I sure did, not all of us downloads a coustome UI where you get all you need from start. Can you maybe give some actual advice, like I had from the first time I posted?

Edit: To clarify what I do have showen inn that picture only;

Bartender
    Titan panel
    Tiddy threat plates
    SUF
    Recount
    Prat
    Outfitter
    OmniCC
    MoveAnything (Mostly just to resize alot off things)
    Masque for skins on Bartender
    Grid/mana plugin
    DroodFocus
    DBM

And quit a few other addons, that dosen't alter my UI or dosen't show inn that picture, such as needtoknow procces.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-01-22 at 07:37 PM.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

You know you forgot to edit out the names in recount?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You know you forgot to edit out the names in recount?
    lol I was just thinking the same thing. Not sure why you tried to blank out the names when you can see their names in recount and the big raid warning. But thats beside the point. You do not need to download a custom UI to make your UI look nice and still do what you want. There is nothing wrong with your UI and if it works for you then great. If you want advice on how to improve it then I think your asking for a lot since it looks very basic like the blizzard UI but just with some addons that have not been greatly customised.

For some reason I can't view your picture again at the moment due to the site being overloaded but from what I remember I would download a chat addon such as "Chatter" or "BasicChatMods" since I can't stand seeing the blizzard buttons on the left side and not seeing the chat box in a nicer position without that edit box at the bottom showing all the time. I would also choose a nicer action bar skin such as Masque: Darion and make the unit frames nicer. Try looking at other UI's to get inspired by browsing around the UI compilations on wowinterface

If your not much of a UI designer and don't care for its looks then just try to make your information as clear and easy to take in as possible by trying to make important information easy to see. I've recently been trying out the addon "Raven". Its very complicated to learn at first but you can do great things with it such as showing timer bars for pretty much anything so for cooldowns for example or your debuffs on the target and so much more. I would try to reduce the amount of space the action bars take up and maybe making one of the bars bigger so you can put your major important cooldowns on it which you need to keep track of... These are all just some ideas. Good luck with your UI

EDIT: I absolutely love KgPanels for putting panels on your UI for backgrounds as hit makes everything look so well organized and clean. I would look up into that. It also allows you to parent addons such as Recount onto a panel so when you move it, the panel moves with it. This is what I've done to skin my Recount window to make it look much nicer. You can put all your action bars inside of panels which helps just for looks. You can go extremely advanced with that addon as well which I've done in one of my UI's in the past.

Just Updated my UI with a few minor things. Also it should be ready for uploading for those who asked. Also finished with my Setup addon graphics and I am very happy with the results so that image is updated as well