Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Work in progress

I kind of just threw up a quick screenshot of my UI a few weeks ago with no real comments or explanations, so I thought I would post a better one and see what you guys think.

I built the unit frames in oUF (Raid Frame is Grid... why reinvent the wheel). The panels are all built in kgpanels and are class colored (the border around the raid frames is white because I was having an issue with it not resizing and had to change it manually but didn't do a /reloadui. It is since solved and it stays class colored). Target frame takes its class color from the target. I am using Dominos for my action bar replacement and my Buffs/Debuffs/Cooldowns is Raven. I am using Skada for threat and dps meters. I like having a lot of information and not searching for it so the text stuff at the bottom is DataBroker modules (using StatBlockCore for the LDB display). Nameplates is a slightly modified Tidyplates:Graphite in headline mode and the font is Neuropol.

I look forward to your comments and if anyone has any questions about what something is, feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I kind of just threw up a quick screenshot of my UI a few weeks ago with no real comments or explanations, so I thought I would post a better one and see what you guys think.

I built the unit frames in oUF (Raid Frame is Grid... why reinvent the wheel). The panels are all built in kgpanels and are class colored (the border around the raid frames is white because I was having an issue with it not resizing and had to change it manually but didn't do a /reloadui. It is since solved and it stays class colored). Target frame takes its class color from the target. I am using Dominos for my action bar replacement and my Buffs/Debuffs/Cooldowns is Raven. I am using Skada for threat and dps meters. I like having a lot of information and not searching for it so the text stuff at the bottom is DataBroker modules (using StatBlockCore for the LDB display). Nameplates is a slightly modified Tidyplates:Graphite in headline mode and the font is Neuropol.

I look forward to your comments and if anyone has any questions about what something is, feel free to ask.
    RECTANGLE ICONS!!!! at last I'm not the only one doing this, though yours need fixing. They are still "square" left to right and often have gaps between the icons and border.

On the topic of borders. The borders on your Omen/Skada bars all seem to overlap, 1-2 more on the spacing should fix that.

On the topic of your meters. Your Skada is 2px shorter vertically (1 on top and 1 on the bottom) than your Omen, and same goes for the actionbar on the right is the same compared to your Skada.

That's a ton of debuffs being displayed, don't think 40+ is needed, 10 to 20(max) should suffice.

Boss mod bar also is overlapping to the right of those debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Messed something with my priest - here's the results.

I must say that hp% is way better than missinghp. Anyway i added the option to disable hp text totally. Just wondering if the new format is looking good with vertical bars, i assume that now if it would be better with standard horizontal ones.
    There's no real point tracking Weakened Soul while PW:S is up. Especially if you're not even tracking the duration of it.
    That's why a lot of disc configs have those two displays overlapping with Weakened Soul only showing once PW:S is down

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Disclaimer: i don't have highlvl healers to try every spell so for most of the images i manually inster a number and usually it's not colored.
    If you want access to some healing classes just PM me, I have every class at 85-90 (monk is 80). I'm on holiday at the moment and can't log into wow. A friend is looking after my account so my auth isn't enabled at the moment.

Wish i could check the UIs, using my phone to browse the forums briefly. Its 32 degrees in the sun here, not bad for February!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    There's no real point tracking Weakened Soul while PW:S is up. Especially if you're not even tracking the duration of it.
    That's why a lot of disc configs have those two displays overlapping with Weakened Soul only showing once PW:S is down
    Can do it, atm i'm going for simple timers. Merging them would be the next step. Could do pw:S duration if active, else ws duration (in red)

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    If you want access to some healing classes just PM me, I have every class at 85-90 (monk is 80). I'm on holiday at the moment and can't log into wow. A friend is looking after my account so my auth isn't enabled at the moment.

Wish i could check the UIs, using my phone to browse the forums briefly. Its 32 degrees in the sun here, not bad for February!
    Thankas for the offer, if i need it i will contact you asap
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Reminds me of some uf's I made a while back, I have a suggestion for yours and I will post a pic momentarily.

So, the suggestion is that when you go to create the borders for your health and power bars, connect the borders where they overlap so as to maintain an unbroken border throughout the entire unit frame. This will keep it from looking like its just stuff stacked on top of each other with some things up front and other things in back.

Excited to see where your Ui progress to

<3
    Ish
    This is awesome, i usually hate UI's where both the target and unitframe are in the middle but this actually makes me want ro rebuild my current UI.
    A question tho, is it ElvUI? If not, what borders and font are you using? And what addon is tracking holypower?
    And do you have any raid screenshot?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-02-01 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    This is awesome, i usually hate UI's where both the target and unitframe are in the middle but this actually makes me want ro rebuild my current UI.
    Glad you like it and feel inspired
    A question tho, is it ElvUI?
    This is not ElvUi. While I applaud Tuk and Elv's coding abilities, the aesthetic and function design choices of Tuk&Elv Ui were originally made by other designers like myself and Caith and then adopted by very good coders that made the Ui designs more "fool-proof" -for lack of a better term- for the masses.
    If not, what borders and font are you using? And what addon is tracking holypower?
    And do you have any raid screenshot?
    Thanks!
    The borders are kgpanel layers.
    The font I will have to look up when I am at home, but it can certainly be found in my currently available IshtaraMedia.
    The addon that I was using in that screenshot for holy power was nibpointdisplay, but sadly it is no longer supported.
    A raid screen shot of this Ui does not exist b/c I never finished making the Ui.
    Although, once I am done with the current ui I am working on with my monk, I will probably finish that paladin's Ui after.

<3
    Ish

Deleted
    Imgur y u make image blurry!?

general tips/suggestions? Still feels a bit clunky.

Also, wtb new/better image uploader than Imgur!

Edit: Stance bar is now mouse-over.
    Last edited by mmoc37caee976f; 2013-02-01 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    The borders are kgpanel layers.
    The font I will have to look up when I am at home, but it can certainly be found in my currently available IshtaraMedia.
    The addon that I was using in that screenshot for holy power was nibpointdisplay, but sadly it is no longer supported.
    A raid screen shot of this Ui does not exist b/c I never finished making the Ui.
    Although, once I am done with the current ui I am working on with my monk, I will probably finish that paladin's Ui after.

<3
    Ish
    Ah okay, do you think you could upload those borders? I would be forever grateful<3

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Imgur y u make image blurry!?
    Because it's been resized very slightly.

Ah okay, do you think you could upload those borders? I would be forever grateful<3
    I don't think I described it accurately enough the first go around.

Let's say your unit frame is 160 pixels wide and 20 pixels high.

1st. Make one kgpanel as 162 pixels wide & 22 pixels high. Parent it and place it directly behind the unit frame. Color this panel black. It will give you a 1px black border around your unit frame.

2nd. Do the same exact thing with a second kgpanel, except make this one 164x24 and color it whatever color you want your border to be (gray for example).

3rd. Make the last kgpanel as 166x26 and make this one black again.

Just make sure that you have the correct levels for each panel so that the unitframe is farthest to the front and the third panel is farthest to the back.

Deleted
    I don't think I described it accurately enough the first go around.

Let's say your unit frame is 160 pixels wide and 20 pixels high.

1st. Make one kgpanel as 162 pixels wide & 22 pixels high. Parent it and place it directly behind the unit frame. Color this panel black. It will give you a 1px black border around your unit frame.

2nd. Do the same exact thing with a second kgpanel, except make this one 164x24 and color it whatever color you want your border to be (gray for example).

3rd. Make the last kgpanel as 166x26 and make this one black again.

Just make sure that you have the correct levels for each panel so that the unitframe is farthest to the front and the third panel is farthest to the back.
    Ah okay, never thought about doing it that way, cheers mate!

10+ Year Old Account

My UI! Click for Larger Image.

@Fractalize

Get an addon called Square Minimap Bar/Buttons to helps match your addon buttons below your map to the rest of ElvUI.
    http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=125

Also the font on your buffs (top right) is too small, thus makes it look funny (seen by the 5 looking like a 9 and the middle line on the "m" is shifted to the right and not in the middle.)

Other than that is standard stock ElvUI.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-02-02 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    @Fractalize

Get an addon called Square Minimap Bar/Buttons to helps match your addon buttons below your map to the rest of ElvUI.
    http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=125

Also the font on your buffs (top right) is too small, thus makes it look funny (seen by the 5 looking like a 9 and the middle line on the "m" is shifted to the right and not in the middle.)

Other than that is standard stock ElvUI.
    Well I would of posted a Screenshot of me in Combat with Omen showing, My Weak Auras and other addons but I don't have 1 of this UI in combat.

And I would hardly call it stock I've changed most settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    Well I would of posted a Screenshot of me in Combat with Omen showing, My Weak Auras and other addons but I don't have 1 of this UI in combat.

And I would hardly call it stock I've changed most settings.
    Changing a few settings still can mean it's stock. It's like saying because you chose a green Honda Civic instead of a blue one means it's no longer a stock Civic because the one pictured in the brochure is blue. It's all standard "factory" options.

Anyways, I never said it was bad, just IMO boring.

At least you didn't say "Here is my edit of ElvUI"
    I've seen that in the past on various forums, it's not an edit when only a few boxes where unchecked and something slightly moved in the toggle anchors option.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-02-02 at 07:20 AM.

New idea on damage meter. 0 alpha background/border on the main frame. Each individual person's bar has a border with spacing between each bar.

I'll probably make the bars 1px taller so the text isn't going through the border or making it look thicker than it is with the font outline.

Decided to take my badly geared DK to ICC to pay a little visit to Marrowgar(25)
    Recorded it so you guys can get a glimpse of what it's like in action.

BEWARE of the music. It's not to everyone's taste.

Let me know what you think!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Decided to take my badly geared DK to ICC to pay a little visit to Marrowgar(25)
    Recorded it so you guys can get a glimpse of what it's like in action.

-snip-

Let me know what you think!
    Looks good! I would personally add a 1px space separating the damage meter and the minimap (maybe make it not as long?) A 1px space between the aura bars and target frame, and the bars/player frame as well.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .