Thread: Post Your UI

Imgur y u make image blurry!?

general tips/suggestions? Still feels a bit clunky.

Also, wtb new/better image uploader than Imgur!

Edit: Stance bar is now mouse-over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    The borders are kgpanel layers.
    The font I will have to look up when I am at home, but it can certainly be found in my currently available IshtaraMedia.
    The addon that I was using in that screenshot for holy power was nibpointdisplay, but sadly it is no longer supported.
    A raid screen shot of this Ui does not exist b/c I never finished making the Ui.
    Although, once I am done with the current ui I am working on with my monk, I will probably finish that paladin's Ui after.

<3
    Ish
    Ah okay, do you think you could upload those borders? I would be forever grateful<3

Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Imgur y u make image blurry!?
    Because it's been resized very slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Ah okay, do you think you could upload those borders? I would be forever grateful<3
    I don't think I described it accurately enough the first go around.

Let's say your unit frame is 160 pixels wide and 20 pixels high.

1st. Make one kgpanel as 162 pixels wide & 22 pixels high. Parent it and place it directly behind the unit frame. Color this panel black. It will give you a 1px black border around your unit frame.

2nd. Do the same exact thing with a second kgpanel, except make this one 164x24 and color it whatever color you want your border to be (gray for example).

3rd. Make the last kgpanel as 166x26 and make this one black again.

Just make sure that you have the correct levels for each panel so that the unitframe is farthest to the front and the third panel is farthest to the back.

I don't think I described it accurately enough the first go around.

Let's say your unit frame is 160 pixels wide and 20 pixels high.

1st. Make one kgpanel as 162 pixels wide & 22 pixels high. Parent it and place it directly behind the unit frame. Color this panel black. It will give you a 1px black border around your unit frame.

2nd. Do the same exact thing with a second kgpanel, except make this one 164x24 and color it whatever color you want your border to be (gray for example).

3rd. Make the last kgpanel as 166x26 and make this one black again.

Just make sure that you have the correct levels for each panel so that the unitframe is farthest to the front and the third panel is farthest to the back.
    Ah okay, never thought about doing it that way, cheers mate!

My UI! Click for Larger Image.

@Fractalize

Get an addon called Square Minimap Bar/Buttons to helps match your addon buttons below your map to the rest of ElvUI.
    http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=125

Also the font on your buffs (top right) is too small, thus makes it look funny (seen by the 5 looking like a 9 and the middle line on the "m" is shifted to the right and not in the middle.)

Other than that is standard stock ElvUI.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-02-02 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    @Fractalize

Get an addon called Square Minimap Bar/Buttons to helps match your addon buttons below your map to the rest of ElvUI.
    http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=125

Also the font on your buffs (top right) is too small, thus makes it look funny (seen by the 5 looking like a 9 and the middle line on the "m" is shifted to the right and not in the middle.)

Other than that is standard stock ElvUI.
    Well I would of posted a Screenshot of me in Combat with Omen showing, My Weak Auras and other addons but I don't have 1 of this UI in combat.

And I would hardly call it stock I've changed most settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    Well I would of posted a Screenshot of me in Combat with Omen showing, My Weak Auras and other addons but I don't have 1 of this UI in combat.

And I would hardly call it stock I've changed most settings.
    Changing a few settings still can mean it's stock. It's like saying because you chose a green Honda Civic instead of a blue one means it's no longer a stock Civic because the one pictured in the brochure is blue. It's all standard "factory" options.

Anyways, I never said it was bad, just IMO boring.

At least you didn't say "Here is my edit of ElvUI"
    I've seen that in the past on various forums, it's not an edit when only a few boxes where unchecked and something slightly moved in the toggle anchors option.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-02-02 at 07:20 AM.

New idea on damage meter. 0 alpha background/border on the main frame. Each individual person's bar has a border with spacing between each bar.

I'll probably make the bars 1px taller so the text isn't going through the border or making it look thicker than it is with the font outline.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

Decided to take my badly geared DK to ICC to pay a little visit to Marrowgar(25)
    Recorded it so you guys can get a glimpse of what it's like in action.

BEWARE of the music. It's not to everyone's taste.

Let me know what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Decided to take my badly geared DK to ICC to pay a little visit to Marrowgar(25)
    Recorded it so you guys can get a glimpse of what it's like in action.

-snip-

Let me know what you think!
    Looks good! I would personally add a 1px space separating the damage meter and the minimap (maybe make it not as long?) A 1px space between the aura bars and target frame, and the bars/player frame as well.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Alrighty, finally got most stuff kinda done lol. Trying out this non-pixel font thing to see how I like it

Def not done polishing a lot of stuff, but its been fun working with a not-boring texture so far

<3
    Ish

Alrighty, finally got most stuff kinda done lol. Trying out this non-pixel font thing to see how I like it

Def not done polishing a lot of stuff, but its been fun working with a not-boring texture so far

<3
    Ish
    I really like that font, is it one of the Avant Gardes? And the borders look a little bit too thick for my taste, maybe it would work if they were just a shade or two darker.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

I recently offset the names on my raid frames and really dig it; although it feels a little out of place since I can't offset much other text from being centered. Wondering if you guys have played around with this much or if you have criticism.

<3
    Ish
    - i'd cut the hp values; better to have them truncated/rounded so they will have a fixed width.
    - is the font shadow OUTLINE or THINOUTLINE? I like more the second (personal preference though)
    - you absolutely need to tell me how to do that merged borders

Anyway, good work as always

New UI, trying to keep it simple. On my shaman that I'm currently leveling. Still working on the weak auras and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    - you absolutely need to tell me how to do that merged borders
    I can help you with that.
    Make a KGpanel without any border and that has the same color as the border, then make it as big as the "inner" border and choose a higher strata on it then what the border has, done.

Top - kgpanel in place (right side)
    Bottom - moved it out
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-04 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks, always wondered if that kind of borders would suit my ui....it reminisces of tuk/elv anyway and i want to detach from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I can help you with that.
    Make a KGpanel without any border and that has the same color as the border, then make it as big as the "inner" border and choose a higher strata on it then what the border has, done.

Top - kgpanel in place (right side)
    Bottom - moved it out
    Uhmmmmm, I guess that's one way you could do it if you wanted to make plenty of unnecessary panels :P

Using that process for your unit frames would require up to 8 panels to finish each one when all you really need is 4.

You need one panel for your health bar black outline, one panel for your power bar black outline, one panel for the gray behind both health bar and power bar and then one more panel for the black outline behind the gray panel.

@cold
    Regarding the "merged" borders, as long at the panels are on the same strata they will merge visually when you try to overlap them.
    On the party frames for example, each one has 3 panels.
    panel 1: black @ strata 3
    panel 2: gray @ strata 2
    panel 3: black @ strata 1

As long as you keep the same strata scheme for each unitframe, they will visually "merge" when you overlap them.

<3
    Ish